동물병원성 뇌수막염 유발 곰팡이 Cryptococcus neoformans의 Pathogenomic Signaling Network 연구와 항곰팡이제 개발
Pathogenomic Signaling Networks and Antifungal Drug Development for Human Fungal Pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans
Past decade systemic mycoses caused by opportunistic human fungal pathogens, including Candida, Aspergillus, and Cryptococcus, have been a growing problem for both immunocompromised and immunocompetent individuals. Particularly, Cryptococcus neoformans has recently emerged as a major fungal pathogen, which can cause fungal pneumonia and meningitis that are lethal if not timely medicated. However, treatment for cryptococcosis has been difficult due to a lack of proper anti-cryptococcal drugs with fungicidal activity and less toxicity. In this review we introduced novel therapeutic methods for treating cryptococcosis by exploring pathogenomic signa1ing networks of C. neoformans with genome-wide transcriptome approaches as well as diverse molecular/genetic tools.
- Bahn, Y. S., J. K. Hicks, S. S. Giles, G. M. Cox, and J. Heitman, 2004. Adenylyl cyclase-associated protein Aca1 regulates virulence and differentiation of Cryptococcus neoformans via the cyclic AMP-protein kinase A cascade. Eukaryot. Cell 3: 1476-1491.
- Chen, S., T. Sorrell, G. Nimmo, B. Speed, B. Currie, D. Ellis, D. Marriott, T. Pfeiffer, D. Parr, and K. Byth, 2000. Epidemiology and host- and variety-dependent characteristics of infection due to Cryptococcus neoformans in Australia and New Zealand. Australasian Cryptococcal Study Group. Clin. Infect. Dis. 31: 499-508.
- Maeng, S., Y. J. Ko, G. B. Kim, K. W. Jung, A. Floyd, J. Heitman, and Y. S. Bahn, 2010. Comparative transcriptome analysis reveals novel roles of the Ras- and cAMP-signaling pathways in environmental stress response and antifungal drug sensitivity in Cryptococcus neoformans. Eukaryot. Cell 9: 360-378
- Kwon-Chung, K. J. and J. E. Bennett, 1984. Epidemiologic differences between the two varieties of Cryptococcus neoformans. Am. J. Epidemiol. 120: 123-130.
- Nicol, A. M., C. Hurrell, W. McDowall, K. Bartlett, and N. Elmieh, 2008. Communicating the risks of a new, emerging pathogen: the case of Cryptococcus gattii. Risk Anal. 28: 373-386.
- Kim, M. S., S. Y. Kim, J. K. Yoon, Y. W. Lee, and Y. S. Bahn, 2009. An efficient gene-disruption method in Cryptococcus neoformans by double-joint PCR with NAT-split markers. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 390: 983-988.
- Lewis, R. E., 2009. Overview of the changing epidemiology of candidemia. Curr. Med. Res. Opin. 25: 1732-1740.
- Henry, R. P., 1996. Multiple roles of carbonic anhydrase in cellular transport and metabolism. Annu. Rev. Physiol. 58: 523-538.
- Idnurm, A., Y. S. Bahn, K. Nielsen, X. Lin, J. A. Fraser, and J. Heitman, 2005. Deciphering the model pathogenic fungus Cryptococcus neoformans. Nat. Rev. Microbiol. 3: 753-764.
Bahn, Y. S., G. M. Cox, J. R. Perfect, and J. Heitman, 2005. Carbonic anhydrase and
$CO_2$sensing during Cryptococcus neoformans growth, differentiation, and virulence. Curr. Biol. 15: 2013-2020.
- Wilson, D., V. Charoensawan, S. K. Kummerfeld, and S. A. Teichmann, 2008. DBD-taxonomically broad transcription factor predictions: new content and functionality. Nucleic Acids Res. 36: D88-92.
- Bahn, Y. S., K. Kojima, G. M. Cox, and J. Heitman, 2005. Specialization of the HOG pathway and its impact on differentiation and virulence of Cryptococcus neoformans. Mol. Biol. Cell. 16: 2285-2300.
- Watson, P. H., S. K. Chia, C. C. Wykoff, C. Han, R.D. Leek, W. S. Sly, K. C. Gatter, P. Ratcliffe, and A. L. Harris, 2003. Carbonic anhydrase XII is a marker of good prognosis in invasive breast carcinoma. Br. J. Cancer 88: 1065-1070.
- Park, B. J., K. A. Wannemuehler, B. J. Marston, N. Govender, P. G. Pappas, and T. M. Chiller, 2009. Estimation of the current global burden of cryptococcal meningitis among persons living with HIV/AIDS. AIDS 23: 525-530.
- Stephen, C., S. Lester, W. Black, M. Fyfe, and S. Raverty, 2002. Multispecies outbreak of cryptococcosis on southern Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Can. Vet. J. 43: 792-794.
- Hoang, L. M., J. A. Maguire, P. Doyle, M. Fyfe, and D. L. Roscoe, 2004. Cryptococcus neoformans infections at Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre (1997-2002): epidemiology, microbiology and histopathology. J. Med. Microbiol. 53: 935-940.
- Ko, Y. J., Y. M. Yu, G. B. Kim, G. W. Lee, P. J. Maeng, S. S. Kim, A. Floyd, J. Heitman, and Y. S. Bahn, 2009. Remodeling of global transcription patterns of Cryptococcus neoformans genes mediated by the stress-activated HOG signaling pathways. Eukaryot. Cell 8: 1197-1217.
- Liu, O. W., C. D. Chun, E. D. Chow, C. Chen, H. D. Madhani, and S. M. Noble, 2008. Systematic genetic analysis of virulence in the human fungal pathogen Cryptococcus neoformans. Cell 135: 174-188.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기