집먼지 진드기 항원으로 아토피 피부염을 유발한 NC/Nga 생쥐에 미치는
The Effect of
$\gamma$-PGA on NC/Nga Mice, a Mouse Model for Mite Antigen-induced Atopic Dermatitis
$\gamma$ -PGA는 우리 전통 콩 발효식품인 청국장의 끈적끈적한 점액성 성분의 하나로, 매우 다양한 기능을 가지고 있는 천연물질이다. 이러한 $\gamma$ -PGA의 아토피발진 억제 효과를 알아보고자 NC/Nga 생쥐를 사용하여 in vivo 실험을 하였다. BMAC로 유도된 NC/Nga 아토피 피부발진 생쥐에 분자량 300 kDa인 $\gamma$ -PGA(PGA-HM)와 이를 저분자화 시킨 저분자 $\gamma$ -PGA(PGA-LM)을 경구 투여한 결과 PGA-LM 투여군에서 clinical skin severity score가 유의성 있게 감소하였다. 혈청 IgE 수준은 PGA-LM이 대조군에 비하여 유의적으로 감소하였고, 혈청 IgG1 수준은 대조군에 비하여 감소하였으나 두 군 모두 유의성이 없었다. $CD4^+CD25^+foxp3^+$ Treg 세포가 유도되는 것을 확인하기 위하여, PGA-HM와 PGA-LM를 투여한 NC/Nga 아토피 피부발진 생쥐의 등 부위에서 mRNA를 분리히여 real-time PCR로 foxp3 mRNA 유전자 발현량을 측정한 결과는 대조군에 비하여 PGA-LM 투여군이 약 2배 이상 증가를 나타내었다. 또한 등피부 조직의 조직검사에서도 epidermis의 두께, 비만세포 침윤, 그리고 $CCR3^+$ 세포수 등이 대조군에 비하여 현저히 억제됨을 관찰할 수 있었다. 이상의 결과로 PGA-HM보다 PGA-LM이 BMAC로 아토피 피부염이 유발된 NC/Nga 생쥐에 $CD4^+CD25^+foxp3^+$ Treg 세포를 활성화하여 IgE 및 염증 사이토카인의 생산 및 $CCR3^+$ 호산구의 활성화가 억제되어 아토피조절 효과를 나타내는 것으로 사료되었다.
As one of the mucous components of Cheonggukjang, traditional fermented soybean paste, $\gamma$ -PGA is a natural substance with diverse functions. In this paper, an in-vivo experiment has been performed using NC/Nga mice in order to find out the efficacy of $\gamma$ -PGA in human atopic dermatitis. The NC/Nga mice with BMAC-induced atopic dermatitis were administered $\gamma$ -PGA (PGA-HM) with 300 kDa and low-molecular $\gamma$ -PGA (PGA-LM), respectively. As a result, a significant decrease in clinical skin severity score was detected in the group that was administered PGA-LM. In terms of serum IgE levels, a significant decline was observed in PGA-LM, compared to the control group. The serum IgG1 levels also decreased more in PGA-LM than in the control group. However, no significant difference was observed in both groups. To witness the induction of $CD4^+CD25^+foxp3^+$ Treg cells, mRNA was sampled from the back of PGA-HM- and PGA-LM-administered NC/Nga mice with atopic dermatitis. In terms of the production amount of foxp3 mRNA, which was measured in real-time PCR, the group that was administered PGA-LM was twice as high as the control group. According to a biopsy on the skin on the backs of the mice, the experimental group was also far lower than the control group in terms of epidermis thickness, mast cell infiltration and the number of $CCR3^+$ cells. Therefore, it has been confirmed that the atopic dermatitis symptoms decreased more in the PGA-LM-administered NC/Nga mice than the PGA-HM-administered group by facilitating $CD4^+CD25^+foxp3^+$ Treg cells and suppressing the activity of eosinophils and production of IgE and pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- Brunkow, M. E., E. W. Jeffery, K. A. Hjerrild, B. Paeper, L. B. Clark, S. A. Yasayko, J. E. Wilkinson, D. Galas, S. F. Ziegler, and F. Ramsdell. 2001. Disruption of a new forkhead/winged-helix protein, scurfin, results in the fatal lymphoproliferative disorder of the scurfy mouse. Nat Genet. 27: 68-73.
- Clipstone, N. A. and G. R. Crabtree. 1992. Identification of calcineurin as a key signalling enzyme in T-lymphocyte activation. Nature 357: 695-697.
- Dieckmann, D., C. H. Bruett, H. Ploettner, M. B. Lutz, and G. Schuler. 2002. Human CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory, contact-dependent T cells induce interleukin 10-producing, contact-independent type 1-like regulatory T cells [corrected]. J. Exp. Med. 196: 247-253.
- Gutermuth, J., M. Ollert, J. Ring, H. Behrendt, and T. Jakob. 2004. Mouse models of atopic eczema critically evaluated. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 135: 262-276.
- Liu, J., J. D. Farmer, W. S. Jr., Lane, J. Friedman, I. Weissman, and S. L. Schreiber. 1991. Calcineurin is a common target of cyclophilin-cyclosporin A and FKBP-FK506 complexes. Cell 66: 807-815.
- Nakamura, K., A. Kitani, and W. Strober. 2001. Cell contactdependent immunosuppression by CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells is mediated by cell surface-bound transforming growth factor beta. J. Exp. Med. 194: 629-644.
- Obst, M. and A. Steinbuchel. 2004. Microbial Degradation of Poly(amino acid)s. Biomacromolecules 5: 1166-1176.
- Perez-Camero, G., F. Congregado, J. J. Bou, and S. Munoz- Guerra. 1999. Biosynthesis and ultrasonic degradation of bacterial poly(gamma-glutamic acid). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 63: 110-115.
- Robinson, D. S., Q. Hamid, S. Ying, A. Tsicopoulos, J. Barkans, A. M. Bentley, C. Corrigan, S. R. Durham, and A. B. Kay. 1992. Predominant TH2-like bronchoalveolar Tlymphocyte population in atopic asthma. N. Engl. J. Med. 326: 298-304.
- Rousset, F., J. Robert, M. Andary, J. P. Bonnin, G. Souillet, I. Chretien, F. Briere, J. Pene, and J. E. de Vries. 1991. Shifts in interleukin-4 and interferon-gamma production by T cells of patients with elevated serum IgE levels and the modulatory effects of these lymphokines on spontaneous IgE synthesis. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 87: 58-69.
- Shih, I. L. and Y. T. Van. 2001. The production of poly- (gamma-glutamic acid) from microorganisms and its various applications. Bioresour. Technol. 79: 207-225.
- Takano, N., I. Arai, and M. Kurachi. 2006. A method to induce stable atopic dermatitis-like symptoms in NC/Nga mice housed with skin-lesioned mice. Br. J. Dermatol. 154: 426-430.
- Vanderlugt, C. L. and S. D. Miller. 2002. Epitope spreading in immune-mediated diseases: implications for immunotherapy. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 2: 85-95.
- Chernajovsky, Y., D. J. Gould, and O. L. Podhajcer. 2004. Gene therapy for autoimmune diseases: quo vadis? Nat Rev Immunol. 4: 800-811.
- Hashimoto, Y., I. Arai, Y. Nakanishi, T. Sakurai, A. Nakamura, and S. Nakaike. 2004. Scratching of their skin by NC/Nga mice leads to development of dermatitis. Life Sci. 76: 783-794.
- Leung, D. Y. 2000. Atopic dermatitis: new insights and opportunities for therapeutic intervention. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 105: 860-876.
- Sasakawa, T., Y. Higashi, S. Sakuma, Y. Hirayama, Y. Sasakawa, Y. Ohkubo, and S. Mutoh. 2004. Topical application ofFK506 (tacrolimus) ointment inhibits mite antigeninduced dermatitis by local action in NC/Nga mice. Int. Arch. Allergy Immunol. 133: 55-63.
- Piccirillo, C. A., J. J. Letterio, A. M. Thornton, R. S. McHugh, M. Mamura, H. Mizuhara, and E. M. Shevach. 2002. CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells can mediate suppressor function in the absence of transforming growth factor beta1 production and responsiveness. J. Exp. Med. 196: 237-246.
- Tone, Y., K. Furuuchi, Y. Kojima, M. L. Tykocinski, M. I. Greene, and M. Tone. 2008. Smad3 and NFAT cooperate to induce Foxp3 expression through its enhancer. Nat. Immunol. 9: 194-202.
- Watanabe, A., H. Mishima, P. M. Renzi, L. J. Xu, Q. Hamid, and J. G. Martin. 1995. Transfer of allergic airway responses with antigen-primed CD4+ but not CD8+ T cells in brown Norway rats. J. Clin. Invest. 96: 1303-1310.
- Miyara, M. and S. Sakaguchi. 2007. Natural regulatory T cells: mechanisms of suppression. Trends Mol. Med. 13: 108-116.
- Ferrick, D. A., M. D. Schrenzel, T. Mulvania, B. Hsieh, W. G. Ferlin, and H. Lepper. 1995. Differential production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 in response to Th1- and Th2-stimulating pathogens by gamma delta T cells in vivo. Nature 373: 255-257.
- Takakura, M., F. Takeshita, M. Aihara, K. Q. Xin, M. Ichino, K. Okuda, and Z. Ikezawa. 2005. Hyperproduction of IFNgamma by CpG oligodeoxynucleotide-induced exacerbation of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesion in some NC/Nga mice. J. Invest. Dermatol. 125: 1156-1162.
- Mastrandrea, F. 2004. The potential role of allergen-specific sublingual immunotherapy in atopic dermatitis. Am. J. Clin. Dermatol. 5: 281-294.
- Kondo, E. and K. Yamada. 1957. End results of focal debridement in bone and joint tuberculosis and its indications. J. Bone Joint Surg. Am. 39-A: 27-31.
- Tanaka, A., S. Muto, K. Jung, A. Itai, and H. Matsuda. 2007. Topical application with a new NF-kappaB inhibitor improves atopic dermatitis in NC/NgaTnd mice. J. Invest. Dermatol. 127: 855-863.
- Barnes, P. J. 2008. Immunology of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 8:183-192.
- Heinzmann, A. and A. Daser. 2002. Mouse models for the genetic dissection of atopy. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 127: 170-180.
- Kidd, P. 2003. Th1/Th2 balance: the hypothesis, its limitations, and implications for health and disease. Altern. Med. Rev. 8: 223-246.
- Gonzalez-Rey, E., A. Chorny, and M. Delgado. 2007. Regulation of immune tolerance by anti-inflammatory neuropeptides. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 7: 52-63.
- O'Keefe, S. J., J. Tamura, R. L. Kincaid, M. J. Tocci, and E. A. O'Neill. 1992. FK-506 and CsA-sensitive activation of the interleukin-2 promoter by calcineurin. Nature 357: 692-694.
- Matsumoto, M., M. Kotani, A. Fujita, S. Higa, T. Kishimoto, M. Suemura, and T. Tanaka. 2002. Oral administration of persimmon leaf extract ameliorates skin symptoms and transepidermal water loss in atopic dermatitis model mice, NC/Nga. Br. J. Dermatol. 146: 221-227.
- Matsumoto, M., C. Ra, K. Kawamoto, H. Sato, A. Itakura, J. Sawada, H. Ushio, H. Suto, K. Mitsuishi, Y. Hikasa, and H. Matsuda. 1999. IgE hyperproduction through enhanced tyrosine phosphorylation of Janus kinase 3 in NC/Nga mice, a model for human atopic dermatitis. J. Immunol. 162: 1056-1063.
- Selliah, N., W. H. Brooks, and T. L. Roszman. 1996. Proteolytic cleavage of alpha-actinin by calpain in T cells stimulated with anti-CD3 monoclonal antibody. J. Immunol. 156: 3215-3221.
- Yawalkar, N., M. Uguccioni, J. Scharer, J. Braunwalder, S. Karlen, B. Dewald, L. R. Braathen, and M. Baggiolini. 1999. Enhanced expression of eotaxin and CCR3 in atopic dermatitis. J. Invest. Dermatol. 113: 43-48.
- Johrens, K., I. Anagnostopoulos, H. Durkop, and H. Stein. 2006. Different T-bet expression patterns characterize particular reactive lymphoid tissue lesions. Histopathology. 48: 343-352.
- Loser, K., W. Hansen, J. Apelt, S. Balkow, J. Buer, and S. Beissert. 2005. In vitro-generated regulatory T cells induced by Foxp3-retrovirus infection control murine contact allergy and systemic autoimmunity. Gene Ther. 12: 1294-1304.
- Jang, S. N., K. L. Kim,, S. M. Kang. 2009. Effects of PGA-LM on CD4+/CD25+/foxp3+ Treg cell activation in isolated CD4+ T cells in NC/Nga mice. Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 37: 160-169.
- Lee, J. S., H. Poo, C. J. Kim, Y. H. Choi, C. Park, T. Y. Lee. and M. H. Sung. 2004. Effect of poly-gamma-glutamic acid as an adjuvant and immune response stimulatory factor in vitro and in vivo. The 16th Annual Meeting of the Korean Society for Molecular and Cellular Biology, pp. 14-15.
- Sakaguchi, S. and F. Powrie. 2007. Emerging challenges in regulatory T cell function and biology. Science 317: 627-629.
- Matsuda, H., N. Watanabe, G. P. Geba, J. Sperl, M. Tsudzuki, J. Hiroi, M. Matsumoto, H. Ushio, S. Saito, P. W. Askenase, and C. Ra. 1997. Development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesion with IgE hyperproduction in NC/Nga mice. Int. Immunol. 9: 461-466.
- Vestergaard, C., H. Yoneyama, M. Murai, K. Nakamura, K. Tamaki, Y. Terashima, T. Imai, O. Yoshie, T. Irimura, H. Mizutani, and K. Matsushima. 1999. Overproduction of Th2-specific chemokines in NC/Nga mice exhibiting atopic dermatitis-like lesions. J. Clin. Invest. 104: 1097-1105.
- Taniguchi, Y., K. Kohno, S. Inoue, S. Koya-Miyata, I. Okamoto, N. Arai, K. Iwaki, M. Ikeda, and M. Kurimoto. 2003. Oral administration of royal jelly inhibits the development of atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in NC/Nga mice. Int. Immunopharmacol. 3: 1313-1324.
- Vestergaard, C., H. Yoneyama, and K. Matsushima. 2000. The NC/Nga mouse: a model for atopic dermatitis. Mol. Med. Today 6: 209-210.
- Dogru, M., C. Katakami, N. Nakagawa, K. Tetsumoto, and M. Yamamoto. 1998. Impression cytology in atopic dermatitis. Ophthalmology 105: 1478-1484.
- Xavier, R. J. and D. K. Podolsky. 2007. Unravelling the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease. Nature 448: 427-434.
- Kotani, M., M. Matsumoto, A. Fujita, S. Higa, W. Wang, M. Suemura, T. Kishimoto, and T. Tanaka. 2000. Persimmon leaf extract and astragalin inhibit development of dermatitis and IgE elevation in NC/Nga mice. J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 106: 159-166.
- Van der Kleij, H. P., A. D. Kraneveld, A. H. van Houwelingen, M. Kool, A. C. Weitenberg, F. A. Redegeld, and F. P. Nijkamp. 2004. Murine model for non-IgEmediated asthma. Inflammation 28: 115-125.
- Aversa, G., J. Punnonen, B. G. Cocks, R. de Waal Malefyt, F. Vega, S. M. Jr., Zurawski, G. Zurawski, and J. E. de Vries. 1993. An interleukin 4 (IL-4) mutant protein inhibits both IL-4 or IL-13-induced human immunoglobulin G4 (IgG4) and IgE synthesis and B cell proliferation: support for a common component shared by IL-4 and IL-13 receptors. J. Exp. Med. 178: 2213-2218.
- Kuhn, J. and S. Binder. 2002. RT-PCR analysis of 5' to 3'- end-ligated mRNAs identifies the extremities of cox2 transcripts in pea mitochondria. Nucleic Acids Res. 30: 439-446.
- Hahm, J. H., T. Y. Lee, J. S. Lee, C. Park, M. H. Sung, and H. Poo. 2004. Antitumor effect of Poly-γ-glutamic acid by modulating cytokine production and NK cell activity. International Meeting of the Federation of Korean Microbiological Societies, p. 21-22.
- Miyamoto, K., S. Miyake, and T. Yamamura. 2001. A synthetic glycolipid prevents autoimmune encephalomyelitis by inducing TH2 bias of natural killer T cells. Nature 413: 531-534.
- Wang, G., T. Savinko, H. Wolff, M. C. Dieu-Nosjean, L. Kemeny, B. Homey, A. I. Lauerma, and H. Alenius. 2007. Repeated epicutaneous exposures to ovalbumin progressively induce atopic dermatitis-like skin lesions in mice. Clin. Exp. Allergy 37: 151-161.
- Bordi, F., C. Cametti, and G. Paradossi. 1996. A comparative study of the high-frequency dielectric properties of poly (alpha-glutamate) and poly (gamma-glutamate) aqueous solutions. Biopolymers 40: 485-494.
- Montagne, A., O. Grepinet, M. Peloille, F. Lantier, and A. C. Lalmanach. 2001. Quantification of ovine cytokine gene expression by a competitive RT-PCR method. J. Immunol. Methods. 253: 83-93.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Kim, Min-A ; Son, Hyeong-U ; Nam, Dong-Yoon ; Cha, Yong-Su ; Shin, Yong-Kyu ; Choi, Yong-Hee ; Lee, Sang-Han 2012. "Inhibitory Effect of Angelica keiskei Extract in an Atopic Dermatitis Animal Model" 한국식품저장유통학회지 = Korean journal of food preservation, 19(5): 792~798
- 2012. "" Food science and biotechnology, 21(2): 475~483
- Kim, Bae Jin ; Son, Woo Rim ; Choi, Mi Ok ; Jo, Seung Kyeung ; Jung, Hee Kyoung ; Lee, Jin Tae ; Kim, Hak Yoon ; Kwoen, Dae Jun 2013. "Anti-atopic Effects of Castanea crenata Inner Shell Extracts Fermented by Lactobacillus bifermentans" 한국식품영양과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 42(9): 1378~1386
- Lee, Moon Hee ; Han, Min Ho ; Yoon, Jung Jeh ; Song, Myung Kyu ; Kim, Min Ju ; Hong, Su Hyun ; Choi, Byung Tae ; Kim, Byung Woo ; Hwang, Hye Jin ; Choi, Yung Hyun 2014. "Medicinal Herb Extracts Attenuate 1-Chloro-2,4dinitrobenzene-induced Development of Atopic Dermatitis-like Skin Lesions" 생명과학회지 = Journal of life science, 24(8): 851~859
- Kim, Yun Hee ; Lee, Hye Lim 2015. "Therapeutic Effects of Sesamum Indicum Extracts on Atopic Dermatitis-Like Skin Lesions of NC/Nga Mouce" 大韓韓方小兒科學會誌 = The journal of pediatrics of Korean medicine, 29(4): 39~66
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기