골관절염 관리를 위한 스트레칭운동과 수중운동 프로그램의 효과 비교
Comparative Study of the Effects of Stretching Exercise and Aquatic Exercise Program
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to compare the effects of stretching exercise and aquatic exercise program on flexibility, pain and quality of life (QoL) in patients with osteoarthritis. Methods: Fifty elderly women were assigned either to the stretching exercise (SEG, n=25) or to the aquatic exercise groups (AEG, n=25) after 6-week self-help education program. SEG carried out supervised stretching exercise and water exercise training program was conducted by AEG (60 min/day, 2 days/wk) for 8 weeks. Flexibility, pain, and quality of life were measured by Senior Fitness Test Manual (Rikli & Jones, 2gr5), pain rating scale (0-10) and the questionnaire by World Health Organization Quality of Life BREF (Min et al., 2gr0), respectively. Results: Both SEG (all, p&H;.05) and AEG (all, p&H;.05) increased left upper and lower-body flexibility, measured by a measuring tape. Pain significantly decreased both in SEG (p=.000) and AEG (p=.004). Quality of life was significantly improved only for the SEG. Conclusion: The 8-week stretching exercise program would significantly improve flexibility, pain control and QoL in patients with osteoarthritis.
- American College of Sports Medicine. (1995). Guideline for exercise testing and prescription. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Arden, N. K., Crozier, S., Smith, H., Anderson, F., Edwards, C., & Raphael, H., et al. (2006). Knee pain, knee osteoarthritis, and the risk of fracture. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 55(4), 610-615.
- Badley, E. M. (1995). The effect of osteoarthritis on disability and health care use in Canada. Journal of Rheumatology Supplement, 43, 19-22.
- Bennell, K., & Hinman, R. (2005). Exercise as a treatment for osteoarthritis. Current Opinion in Rheumatology, 17(5), 634-640.
- Chen, K. M., Lin, J. N., Lin, H. S., Wu, H. C., Chen, W. T., Li, C. H., et al. (2008). The effect of a simplified tai-chi exercise program (STEP) on the physical health of older adults living in longterm care facilities: A single group design with multiple time points. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 45(4), 501-507.
- Choi, H. K., Kim, H. S., & Kim, N. S. (2009). Effects of water exercise program on physical fitness, pain and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 16(1), 55-65.
- Fransen, M., Nairn, L., Winstanley, J., Lam, P., & Edmonds, J. (2007). Physical activity for osteoarthritis management: A randomized controlled clinical trial evaluating hydrotherapy or tai chi classes. Arthritis Rheumatology, 57(3), 407-414.
- Hinman, R. S., Heywood, S. E., & Day, A. R. (2007). Aquatic physical therapy for hip and knee osteoarthritis: Results of single-blind randomized controlled trial. Physical Therapy, 87(1). 32-43.
- Hopman, R. M., & Westhoff, M. H. (2000). The effects of a health educational and exercise program for older adults with osteoarthritis for the hip or knee. Journal of Rheumatology, 27(8), 1947-1954.
- Jordan, K. M., Arden, N. K., Doherty, M., Bannwarth, B., Bijlsma, J. W., Dieppe, P., et al. (2003). EULAR recommendations 2003: An evidence based approach to the management of knee osteoarthritis: Report of a task force of the standing committee for international clinical studies including therapeutic trials (ESCISIT). Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 62(12), 145-55.
- Kim, H. S., & Park, Y. W. (2004). Measurement and assessment of physical fitness in the elderly. Seoul: Daehanmedia.
- Kim, J. I. (1994). An effects of aquatic exercise program with self-help group activities and strategies for promoting self-efficacy on pain, physiological parameters and quality of life in patients having rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 1(1), 1-30.
- Kim, J. I., Kang, H. S., Choi, H. J., & Kim, I. J. (1997). The effect of aquatic exercise program on pain, physical index, self-efficacy, and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 4(1), 15-25.
- Kim, J. I., & Kim, T. S. (2005). The effect of aquatic exercise program on pain, body weight, fatigue, flexibility in elderly women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 12(2), 109-118.
- Kim, S. A., & Kim, J. I. (2002). A comparative study on pain, fatigue, flexibility and health status between patients with self-exercise and patient without self-exercise. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 9(2), 177-186.
- Kim, Y. J., Kim, C. S., & Park, I. H. (2004). Effects of aquatic exercise program on pain, flexibility, grip strength, self-care activities and helplessness in patients having osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 11(2), 127-135.
- Kim, Y. O. (1999). A study on the effects of the stretching exercise on senile asylum people's physical strength, activities on daily life and quality of life. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric Nursing, 8(1), 108-120.
- Lee, H. Y., Suh, M. J., & Lee, E. O. (2004). Analysis of the effect and network of exercise programs on rheumatoid arthritis patients. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 11(1), 74-87.
- Lee, K. S. (2007). Effect of pain reduction and flexibility on regular stretching exercise for frequent computer user with musculoskeletal disorder, Unpublished master's thesis, Kookmin University, Seoul.
- Lee, S. J. (2004). The effects of stretching exercise on work-related musculoskeletal pain of low back. Journal of Industrial Liaison Research Institute, 1(17), 135-147.
- Lim, R. H. (2007). The silver.stretching program development and effectiveness analysis of the elderly's physical psychological social health change, Unpublished master's thesis, Myongji University, Seoul.
- Lim, Y. T., Kang, S. Y., & Kim, J. W. (2004). Effect of a three-month stretching program on flexibility and curvature in middle-school girl students with mild scoliosis. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, 9(1), 186-194.
- Min, S. K., Lee, C. I., Kim, K. I., Suh, S. Y., & Kim, D. K. (2000). Development of Korean version of WHO quality of life scale abbreviated version. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 39(3), 571-579.
- MOHW & KIHASA (Ministry of health and welfare, Korea institute for health and social affairs) (2002). 2001 National Health and Nutrition Survey. Seoul.
- Park, J. K., Jang, S. H., & Min, S. (2002). Effects of stretching exercise on quality of life, depression, total cholesterol in the elderly. Journal of Korean Society of Biological Nursing Science, 4(2), 139-150.
- Park, H. S., Kim, H. S., & Kim, N. H. (2006). The effect of aquatic exercise program on physical fitness, pain and physiological function in patients with osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 13(1), 31-42.
- Rikli, R. E., & Jones, C. J. (2005). Senior fitness test manual (H. S. Kim & W. Y. Park, Trans.). Seoul: Daehanmedia.
- Roddy, E., Zhang, W., & Doherty, M. (2005). Aerobic walking or strengthening exercise for osteoarthritis of the knee: A systematic review. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 64, 544-548.
- Shin, H. S. & Lee, K. S. (2006). Effects of combined resistance exercise on range of motion(ROM), grip strength and pain in middle-aged women with shoulder disorder. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 15(1), 569-577.
- Skevington, S. M., Lotfy, M., Oconnell, K., & The WHOQOL Group. (2004). The World Health Organization's WHOQOL-Bref quality of life assessment Psychometric properties and the results of the international field trial. A Report from the WHOQOL Group, Quality of Life Research, 13(2), 299-310.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Jong-Im ; Cho, Kyung-Sook ; Sim, Hee-Sook ; Lee, Eun-Nam ; Lee, In-Ok ; Eun, Young ; Lee, Dong-Suk ; Kang, Hyun-Sook ; Bak, Won-Sook ; Lee, Ji-Hyun 2011. "Analysis of Studies on the Effect of Aquatic Exercise Program" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 18(2): 257~269
저자의 다른 논문
- 1998 "멸균품의 유효기간에 관한 연구 - 포장재와 보관환경 중심으로 -" 한국의료QA학회지 = Journal of Korean Society of Quality Assurance in Health Care 5 (2): 258~276
- 2001 "간호실무에서 신봉이론(Espoused theories)에 대한 탐색적 연구" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 13 (1): 53~69
- 2002 "간호사의 임상 실무 경험" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 14 (4): 564~572
- 2006 "골관절염 환자를 위한 타이치 운동그룹과 타이치 자조관리 그룹의 효과 비교분석" 류마티스건강학회지 = The journal of rheumatology health 13 (2): 83~93
- 2007 "표준화 환자를 이용한 관절질환 간호사정 실습교육의 평가" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health 14 (2): 137~148
- 2007 "지역사회거주 여성의 비만도와 골밀도와의 관계" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health 14 (2): 181~187
- 2007 "골관절염 환자를 위한 타이치, 타이치-자조관리 및 자조관리과정의 효과 비교" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health 14 (1): 77~84
- 2008 "규칙적인 걷기운동이 노인의 신체적 건강에 미치는 효과" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health 15 (2): 183~190
- 2008 "데이컴 직무분석 기법을 이용한 수술실 간호사의 직무분석" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 15 (4): 566~577
- 2008 "수술실 간호사의 간호업무 분석" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 14 (1): 72~84
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기