9주간의 자조관리.수중운동 프로그램이 골관절염환자의 통증, 유연성, 균형감, 피로감 및 자기효능감에 미치는 효과
Effects of a 9-week Self-help Management.Aquatic Exercise Program on Pain, Flexibility, Balance, Fatigue and Self-efficacy in the Patients with Osteoarthritis
Purpose: The purpose of the study was to identify the effects of a 9-week self-help management aquatic exercise program on pain, flexibility, balance, fatigue and self-efficacy in the patients with osteoarthritis living in the suburban area. Methods: Utilizing a quasi-experimental design, 43 osteoarthritis patients consisted of the experimental group (n=20) and the control group (n=23). Due to the busy schedule of the patients working in the farm, the program was provided for 9 weeks instead of 12 week program under the guidance of professional advice. The questionnaires and physical measurements were used to measure the outcome variables before and after the program. Data were analyzed with the SPSS WIN using descriptive statistics, t-test and ANCOVA. Results: The age was significantly different between the groups. After controlling for the age, pain and fatigue in the experimental group decreased significantly more than the control group. Flexibility, balance and self-efficacy in the experimental group improved significantly more than the control group. Conclusion: This 9-week program could be an effective nursing intervention to be used especially for osteoarthritis patients in the suburban area during the leisure seasons of the farmers to improve their arthritic symptoms and self-efficacy.
- American College of Sports Medicine. (1998). ACSM's recourse manual for guidelines for exercise testing and prescription (3rd ed.). Baltimore, Philadelphia: Williams & Wilkins.
- Bandura, A. (1977a). Social learning theory. (pp. 73-93). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs.
- Bandura, A. (1977b). Self-efficacy: toward a unifying theory of behavior change. Psychological Review, 84(2), 191-215.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science (2nd ed.), Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Eribaum Associates.
- Foley, A., Halbert, J., Hewitt, T., & Crotty, M. (2003). Does hydrotherapy improve strength and physical function in patients with osteoarthritis-a randomized controlled trial comparing a gym based and a hydrotherapy based strengthening programme. Annuals of Rheumatic Diseases, 62(12), 1162-1167.
- Im, N. Y., & Lee, E. Y. (1997). Effects of short term self-help education of pain, depression, self-efficacy, and quality of life in patients having chronic arthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 4(2), 249-261.
- Jetter, J., & Kadlec, N. (1985). The arthritis book of water exercise. (pp.1-21), New York: Holt, Reinehart and Winston.
- Kilkendal, D. R., Gruber, J. S., & Johnson, R. E. (1987). Measurement and evaluation for physical educators (2nd ed.). Illinois: Human Kinetics Publishers.
- Kim, C. S., Kim, R., Kim, Y. J., Park, I. S., Park, M. H., & Park, I. H. (2003). Effects of self-help program in daily living and self-care activities, flexibility, grip strength and depression in patients having chronic arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(2), 131-141.
- Kim, J. I. (1994). An effect of aquatic exercise program with self-help group activities and strategies for promoting self-efficacy on pain, physiological parameters and quality of lilfe in patients having rheumatoid arthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health. 1(1), 1-30.
- Kim, J. I., Kang, H. S., Choi, H. J., & Kim, I. J. (1997). The effect of aquatic exercise program on pain, physical index, self-efficacy, and quality of life in patients with osteoarthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 4(1), 15-25.
- Kim, J. L, & Kim, T. S. (2005). The effect of aquatic exercise program on pain, body weight, fatigue, flexibility in elderly women with osteoarthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 12(2), 109-118.
- Kim, J. Y., & Kim, J. I. (2003). The effect of the self-efficacy, group cohesion, family support on adherence of aquatic exercise in arthritis patients, The Journal of Rheumatology Health. 10(1), 19-31.
- Kim, S. A. (2000). An effect of aquatic exercise program for pain, muscle strength, flexibility, agility and balance in patients having osteoarthritis, Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejoen.
- Kim, Y. J., Kim, C. S., & Park, I. H. (2004). Effects of aquatic exercise program on pain, flexibility, grip strength, self-care activities and helplessness in patients having osteoarthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 11(2), 127-135.
- Lee, B. H. (2007). The effects of aqua exercise program on static balance, pain and ROM in female elders with osteoarthritis, Journal of Korea Sport Research, 18(5), 317-326.
- Lee, E. O., Kim, S. Y., Seu, M. J., Han, J. S., Kim, M. J., Kang, H. S., et al. (1998). Self-help management of the arthritis patients. Seoul: Shin kwang pub., 18.
- Lee, K. S., Choi, J. S., Lee, E. H., Suh, G. H., So, A. Y., & Choi, S. H. (2007). Effects of the self-help program on pain, fatigue, difficulty in physical activity, joint stiffness, flexibility of the joints in arthritis patients, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 14(1), 26-32.
- Lee, S. O., Chang, K. O., & Ahn, S. H. (2007). Effect of aquatic exercise program on pain, fatigue, body composition, physical fitness and psychological variables in women with arthritis, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 13(3), 165-173.
- Lorig, K., Chastain, R. L., Ung, E., Shoor, S., & Hollman, H. R. (1989). Development and evaluation of a scale to measure perceived self-efficacy in people with arthritis. Arthritis Rheumatism, 32(1), 37-44.
- Mattews, D. A., Manus, P., & Lane, T. J. (1991). Evaluation and management of patients with chronic fatigue. American Journal of The Medical Sciences, 302, 269-277.
- National wage data. (2001). KOSIS. Retrieved January 20, 2008, from http://kostal.go.kr
- National wage data. (2005). KOSIS. Retrieved January 20, 2008, from http://kostal.go.kr
- Pai, H. J., Ahn, H. R., & Kim, H. S. (2005). The effect of the aqua exercise program on the pain and subjective well-being of the rural elderly women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 14(2), 139-148.
- Park, H. S., Kim, H. S., & Kim, N. H. (2006). The effect of aquatic exercise program on physical fitness, pain and physiological function in patients with osteoarthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health. 13(1), 31-42.
- Park, S. Y., Son, J. T., Park, D. H., Lee, K. H., & Kim, J. S. (2004). Effects of self help program for pain, ADL, exercise self-efficacy, and knowledge about arthritis in patients with osteoarthritis, The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 11(1), 31-41.
- Son, J. T., & Park, S. Y. (2006). A survey on experience and illness management of rural women with osteoarthritis, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 13(3), 419-427.
- Wang, T.-J., Belja, B., Thompson, F. E., Whitney, J. D., & Bennett, K. (2007). Effects of aquatic exercise on flexibility, strength and aerobic fitness in adults with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 57(2), 141-152.
- Yip, Y. B., Sit, J. W., Fung, K. K. Y., Wong, D. Y. S., Chong, S. Y. C., Chung, L. H., & Ng, T. P. (2007). Impact of an arthritis self-management programme with an added exercise component for osteoarthritis knee sufferers on improving pain, functional outcomes, and use of health care services: An experimental study. Patient Education and Counseling, 65(1), 113-121.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Kim, Hyun-Hee ; Song, Chang-Ho 2010. "Effects of Knee and Foot Position on EMG Activity and Ratio of the Vastus Medialis Oblique and Vastus Lateralis during Squat Exercise" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 17(2): 142~150
- Kim, Jong-Im ; Cho, Kyung-Sook ; Sim, Hee-Sook ; Lee, Eun-Nam ; Lee, In-Ok ; Eun, Young ; Lee, Dong-Suk ; Kang, Hyun-Sook ; Bak, Won-Sook ; Lee, Ji-Hyun 2011. "Analysis of Studies on the Effect of Aquatic Exercise Program" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 18(2): 257~269
- Kim, Sun Ae ; Kim, Jong Im ; Kim, Hyun Joo ; Jeong, Yeong Hee ; Hwang, Kyoung-Ok ; Song, Hyang Young 2014. "The Effects of an Aquatic Exercise Program on Physical Fitness, Body Composition, and Gait Characteristics in Women" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 21(2): 97~105
- Won, Hyo Jin ; Kim, Jong Im 2015. "The Relationships among Network Centrality, Psychological Well-being, and Intention to Exercise Maintenance in Participants of an Aquatic Exercise Program" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 22(1): 13~19
- 2015. "" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 26(3): 303~311
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기