타이치운동프로그램이 만성 정신분열병환자의 신체적 기능, 자아존중감과 사회적 행동에 미치는 효과
The Effect of the Tai Chi Exercise Program on the Physical Function, Self-Esteem and Social Behavior of Patients with Chronic Schizophrenia
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of the Tai chi exercise program on the physical function, self-esteem and social behavior in patients with chronic schizophrenia. Methods: This study utilized a nonequivalent control group with pretest-posttest design. The 45 subjects were recruited from a mental health care facility in D city and randomly assigned either to the experimental group (n=23) or to the control group (n=22). The experimental group participated in the Tai chi exercise program, twice a week for 12 weeks. Data were analyzed with SPSSWIN V. 11.5 program, using $X^2$ -test and t-test. Results: After 12 weeks, there were significant differences in flexibility (p=.027), balance (p=.011), self-esteem (p=.005) and social behavior (p=.003) between the experimental and the control groups. Conclusion: The findings of this study revealed the positive effects of Tai-Chi exercise program in patients with schizophrenia. Further studies are required to determine the effects on physical and social variables.
- American college of sport medicine. (2009). Acsm's exercise management for persons with chronic diseases and Disabilities (3rd. ed.). Champaign: Human kinetics.
- Choi, M. K. (2007). Effects of Tai Chi exercise on physical fitness and self-esteem of chronic schizophrenia. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam University, Daejeon.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences (2nd ed.). New Jersey Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Dastoor, D. P., Norton, S., Boillat, J., Minty, J., Papadopoulou, F., & Muller, H. F. (1975). A psychogeriatric assessment program: Social functioning and ward behavior. Journal of the American Geriatric Society, 23(10), 465-471.
- Dickerson, F. B., Brown, C. H., Daumit, G. L., LiJuan, F., Goldberg, R. W., Wohlheiter, K., & Dixon, L. B. (2006). Health status of individual with serious mental illness. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 32(3), 584-589.
- Dickinson, D., Bellack, A. S., & Gold, J. M. (2007). Social/Communication skill, cognition and vocational function in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Bulletin, 33(5), 1213-1220.
- Farina, A., Arenberg, D., & Guskin, S. (1957). A scale for measuring minimal social behavior. Journal of Counselling Psychology, 21, 265.
- Fogorty, M., & Happell, B. (2005). Exploring the benefits of an exercise program for people with schizophrenia: A qualitative study. Issue in mental health nursing, 26, 341-351.
- Gerald, J. J., Deborah, R. Y., Arlene, D., Jeanne, C., Christopher, A., Jennifer, H., & Gail, L. D.(2009). Physical activity levels of persons with mental illness attending psychiatric rehabilitation programs. Schizophrenia Research, 108(3), 252-257.
- Hyun, M. Y., & Kim, J. H. (2009). A study on self-care activity, self-care agency and mental healtIi for patints with chronic schizophrenia. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 18(2), 129-136.
- Jean, B. J. (1974). Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yoesei Journal, 11(1), 107-124.
- Kim, I. H. (2000). Benefits of exercise therapy for the clients with mental disorders in psychiatric nursing rehabilitation. Dongguk Journal, 19, 471-494.
- Kim, S. H. (2006). The relationship among chronic schizophrenic patients' family support, self-esteem and quality of life. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook University, Daegu.
- Kim, S. W. (2001). Study on the effectiveness of social skills training programs in improving the Schizophrenics' social functioning. Unpublished master's thesis, Daegu University, Kyeongbuk.
- Kim, S. Y. (2006). The process of recovery in people with schizophrenia exposed to day hospital care. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Suwon.
- Kim, Y. Y. (2005). The efficacy of self-esteem improvement education for persons with mental disability. A Journal of Research in Education, 22, 155-176.
- Lam, P. (2000). Tai Chi for arthritis hanbook. Narwee (Australia): East Acton Publishing, Co.
- Lee, H. Y., & Suh, M. J. (2003). The effect of TaiChi for Arthritis (TCA) program in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis patients. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(2), 188-202.
- Mao, D. W., Li, J. X., & Hong, Y. (2006). Plantar pressure distribution during Tai Chi exercise, Archives of Psychiatric Medical Rehabilitation, 87, 814-820.
- Oh, K. O., Gang, M. H., & Sung, E. O. (2009). The Effect of the Tai Chi Exercise on the SelfConcept and interpersonal Relationship of Persons with Schizophrenia. Journal of Korean Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 18(2), 167-174.
- Oud, M. J., & Jong, B. (2009). Somatic disease in patients with schizophrenia in general practice: their prevalence and health care. Bio Medical Central Family Practice, 10(32), 1-9.
- Park, Y. H. (2006). Effects of Tai Chi exercise on physical fitness, cognitive function, behavior and mental symptom of chronic schizophrenia. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam University, Daejeon.
- Peer, J. E., Kupper, Z., Long, J. D., Brekke, J. S., & Spaulding, W. D. (2007). Identifying mechanisms of treatment effects and recovery in rehabilitation of schizophrenia: Longitudinal analytic method. Journal of Clinical Psychology Review, 27(6), 696-714.
- Pelham, T. W., & Campagna, P. D. (1991). Benefits of exercise in psychiatric rehabilitation of persons with schizophrenia, Journal of Canadian Rehabilitation, 4, 159-168.
- Repper, J., & Perkins, R. (2003). Social inclusion and recovery: A model for mental health practice. Edinburgh: Balliere Tindall.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self image. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Russinova, Z., Wewiorski, N. J., & Cash, D. (2002). Use of alternative health care practice by persons with serious mental illness: perceived benefits. Journal of American Public Health, 92(10), 1600-1603.
- Song, R. Y. (2006). Applying Tai Chi from nursing perspective. Journal of Nursing Query, 15(2), 1-14.
- Wall, R. (2005). Tai Chi and mindfulness-based stress reduction in a Boston public middle school. Journal of Pediatric health care, 19(4), 230-237.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Bang, Yo-Soon ; Kim, Hee-Young 2011. "Development and Evaluation of Functional Group Activity Program on Institutionalized Aged" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 18(1): 83~92
저자의 다른 논문
- 1977 "간호원-환자 관계에 관한 연구 (퇴원한 정신과환자가 인지한 대인관계 요인 측정을 중심으로)" 간호학회지 = The Journal of Nurses Academic Society 7 (1): 20~29
- 1977 "사춘기 청소년의 우울병에 관한 연구 - 정상아.고아.지체부자유아 및 농아아의 비교연구-" 간호학회지 = The Journal of Nurses Academic Society 7 (2): 117~127
- 1992 "노인의 사회적 지지와 삶의 질에 관한 연구 -일반가정노인과 양로원노인을 대상으로-" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 22 (4): 552~568
- 1994 "에어로빅 훈련이 만성정신분열병 환자에게 미치는 영향" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 24 (1): 5~17
- 2001 "병원가정간호사업 운영 현황 및 서비스 만족도에 관한 연구" 가정간호학회지 8 (2): 121~134
- 2001 "지지 간호중재 효과에 대한 메타분석" 아동간호학회지 = Korean journal of child health nursing 7 (2): 225~235
- 2002 "한국 대학생의 사회적지지, 스트레스 생활사건 및 건강행위" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 32 (6): 792~802
- 2004 "한국 대학생의 건강행위 예측모형" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 34 (6): 903~912
- 2004 "간호대학생의 건강행위 예측모형" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 10 (2): 278~288
- 2008 "기초생활보장 수급 노인의 삶의 질" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 38 (5): 694~703
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기