골관절염 환자를 위한 웃음요법 적용 자조타이치 프로그램과 자조타이치프로그램의 효과 비교
Effects of Tai-Chi Exercise and Self-help Management Program Applying Laughter Therapy in Patients with Osteoarthritis
Purpose: This study was conducted to determine the effects of Tai-Chi exercise and self-help management program applying laughter therapy in patients with osteoarthritis. Methods: This quasi-experimental study recruited a sample of 61 patients with osteoarthritis (experimental group: 30, control group: 31) through the community healthcare centers located in Seoul and Kyung Gi area. The primary outcome measures included symptoms of osteoarthritis, basic physical performance, fatigue, and depression assessed before and after the study. The data were analyzed using SPSSWIN V. 12.0. Results: At the end of the six-week intervention, left shoulder flexibility (t=2.011, p=.049), 6m walking speed (t=3.639, p=.001), and right balance (t=-2.30, p=.025) were significantly improved in the control group. Fatigue (t=3.012, p=.004), stiffness (t=2,093, p=.041), right shoulder flexibility (t=2.138, p=.037), right balance (t=-2.065, p=.043), and 6m walking speed (t=2.683, p=.009) were significantly improved in the experimental group. Conclusion: A twice a week, 6-week tai-chi exercise self-help management program applying laughter therapy is effective in decreasing fatigue and stiffness. Osteoarthritis is one of common chronic diseases that the patients should be required to continue self management for the rest of their life. Therefore, there is a need to develop the more effective self-help management program and nursing intervention to motivate them to maintain their own self-help management.
- Bae, S. C., Lee, H. S., Yun, H. R., Kim, T. H., Yoo, D. H., & Kim, S. Y. (2001). Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of Korean Western Ontario and McMaster Universities (WOMAC) and Lequesne osteoarthritis indices for clinical research. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 9(8), 746-750.
- Bennett, H. J. (2003). Humor in medicine. Southern Medical Journal, 96(12), 1257-1261.
- Cho, K. S., Kang, H. S., Kim, J. I., Bak, W. S., Song, R. Y., Ahn, Y. H., Lim, N. Y., Lee, I. O., Choi, S. H., & Han, S. S. (2007). Comparing effects of Tai Chi exercise, Tai Chi self-help program, and self-help management program for osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 14(1), 77-85.
- Choi, J. H., & Yoo, I. Y. (2007). Effects of Tai Chi self-help program on functional status of knee joint, fatigue, fear of falling for elderly woman patients with knee osteoarthritis. Korean Gerontological Societies, 40(4), 913-927.
- Choi, K. S., So, A. Y, Lee, K. S., Lee E. H., & Lee, I. O. (2008). Effects of self-help Tai Chi for arthritis applying the nine movement Tai Chi. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 15(1), 62-72.
- Choi, M. K., Won, D. H., Kim, Y. J., Choi, M. O., Lim, N. Y., & Song, J. H. (2007). The evaluation of Tai-Chi self-help program for osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 14(2), 42-51.
- Chon, K. K., & Rhee, M. K. (1992). Preliminary development of Korean version of CES-D, Korean Journal of Psychology, 11(1), 59-76.
- Heo, E. H. (2007). Effect of laughter on mood, stress response and health-related quality of life among hemodialysis patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Pochon Cha University, Pochon,
- Hong, S. K., & Kang, H. Y. (1999). The effect on the pain, discomfort in daily living and life satisfaction of flexibility exercise and local heat in rural elderly with osteoarthritis. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 6(2), 197-210.
- Hurley, M. V., Mitchell, H. L., & Walsh. N. (2003). In osteoarthritis, the psychosocial benefits of exercise are as improvement as physiological improvements. Excercise and Sports Sciences Review, 31(3), 138-143.
- Jung, H. M. (1994). The effects of muscle relaxation to the rheumatoid arthritis patients adaptation. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 1(1), 31-47.
- Kang, H. S. (1994). A Comparative study on the effectiveness of symptom control between heat and cold therapy in patients with arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 1(2), 147-159.
- Kang, H. S., Kim, J. I., Ryoo, E. N., Bak, W. S., Baik, H, J., Song, R. Y., et al. (2006). Comparing effects of Tai-Chi self-help program and Tai-Chi exercise in osteoarthritis patients purpose. The Journal of Rheumatology Health. 13(2), 88-93.
- Kim, I. J., & Kim, E. K. (2009). Effects of aroma massage on pain, activities of daily living and fatigue in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health. 16(2), 145-153.
- Kim, J. I. (1994). An effect of aquatic exercies program with self-help group activities and strategies for promoting self-efficacy on pain, physiological parameters and quality of life in patients having rheumatoid arthritis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Kim, J. I., Kim, I. J., & Lee, E. O. (1994). Effects of aquatic exercise on skinfold thickness and circumference of upper and lower extremities in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 1(2), 131-146.
- Kim, J. S. (1995). Effects of aquatic exercise program on depression and helplessness in patients having rheumatoid arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 2(2), 160-167.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. (2006). 2005 National health and nutrition survey. Seoul: Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Lee, H. Y. (2006) Comparison of effects among Tai-Chi exercise, aquatic exercise, and a self-help program for patients with knee osteoarthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(3), 571-580.
- Lee, H. Y., & Lee, K. J. (2008). Effects of Tai Chi exercise in elderly with knee osteoarthrists. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 38(1), 11-18.
- Lee, K. S., So, A. Y., Choi, J. S., Lee, E. H., & Yoo, B. B. (2008). Changes in pain, fatigue, perceived health status, joint stiffness, disability in ADL, and depression after Tai Chi for arthritis program. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 15(1), 53-61.
- Lim, N. Y., Kim, S. A., Choi, M. K., Kim, B. K., Kim M. S., Kim, S. A. Jing, K. R., & Choi, M. Y. (2004). The effects of Tai-Chi for patients with chronic arthritis. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 11(2), 153-164.
- Radloff, L. S. (1977). The CES-D scale: A self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Applied Psychological Measurement, 1, 385-401.
- Salaffi, F., De Angelis, R., & Grassi, W. (2005). Prevalence of musculoskeletal conditions in an Italian population sample: Results of a regional community-based study. I. The MAPPING study. Clinical Experimental Rheumatology, 23(6), 819-828.
- Song, R. Y., Eom, A. Y., Lee, E. Y., Lam P., & Bae, S. C. (2009). Effects of Tai Chi combined with self-help program on arthritic symptoms and fear of falling in women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 16(1), 46-54.
- Song, R. Y., Lee, E. O., Lam, P., & Bae. S. C. (2007). Effects of a Sun-style Tai Chi exercise on arthritic symptoms, motivation and the performance of health behaviors in women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing(English), 37(2), 249-256.
- Song, R. Y., Lee, E. O., & Lee, I. O. (2002). Pre-post comparisons on physical symptoms balance, muscle strength, physical functioning and depression in women with osteoarthritis after 12weeks Tai Chi exercise. The Journal of Rheumatology Health, 9(1), 28-39.
- Stuber, M., Hiber, S. D., Mintzer, L. L., Castaneda, M., Glover, D., & Zeltzer, L. (2007). Laughter, humor and pain perception in children; A pilot study. Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 6(2), 271-276.
- Yang, M. S. (2008). The effects of laughter therapy on pain and state anxiety of spinal surgery patients. Unpublished master dissertation, Chonbuk National University. Jeonju.
- Yu, J. A. (2009). Effects of laughter therapy on stress response and pain on military personnel with low back pain in hospital. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health. 16(1), 36-45.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Jeong, Yeong-Hee ; Kim, Jong-Im ; Kim, Sun-Ae ; Lim, Keum-Ok 2010. "Effect of Jang-Gu Program and Self-help Management Program on Depression, Stress, Pain and Body Discomfort in Women with Osteoarthritis" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 17(2): 212~221
- Min, Hye-Sook ; Jung, Yun-Hwa ; Kim, Eun-Sook ; Kim, Seon-Hwa ; Choi, Young-Ji 2011. "Effects of Muscle Strengthening Exercise Program on Pain, Fatigue, Physical Function in Elderly Women with Total Knee Arthroplasty" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 18(2): 203~214
- Jung, Kyung-Hwa ; Park, Sang-Youn 2012. "The Effect of Laughter Program on the Stress of Nursing College Students in Clinical Practice" 보건의료산업학회지 = The Korean journal of health service management, 6(1): 163~172
- Chang, Mi Young 2014. "Effects of Laughter Therapy on Depression in elderly" 디지털융복합연구 = Journal of digital convergence, 12(6): 501~508
저자의 다른 논문
- 1985 "판막치환수술후 환자들의 건강인지도에 영향을 미치는 제요인에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 15 (1): 52~58
- 1985 "상복부 수술 환자의 수술후 호흡량에 관한 연구(일회 호흡량과 폐활량을 중심으로)" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 15 (2): 25~33
- 1986 "병원 간호조직의 효과성에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 16 (2): 5~12
- 1989 "개심수술 환자의 불안과 대처 정도와의 관계에 과한 조사연구" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 3 (1): 67~73
- 1989 "급성심근경색후에 일상활동정도와 관련 변수에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 19 (1): 108~117
- 1990 "퇴원시 간호정보제공이 개심수술 환자의 지식과 일상활동에 미치는 효과" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 4 (1): 25~35
- 1991 "퇴원시 간호정보 제공이 개심술 환자의 지식, 신체증상, 상태불안 및 일상활동에 미치는 효과에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 21 (3): 257~267
- 1991 "가정간호(V) - 경관 영양 환자의 간호" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 30 (5): 12~16
- 1994 "비디오테잎을 이용한 간호정보 제공이 수술전 수면 및 불안에 미치는 영향 -위수술환자를 중심으로-" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 1 (1): 19~35
- 1994 "얼음주머니의 국소적 적용에 따른 피부체온 및 주관적 불편감에 관한 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 1 (1): 37~49
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기