Plant Species Assemblages and Vegetation Composition of Wetlands Within an Upland Forest
Small wetlands in an upland matrix can support diverse vegetation composition that increase both local and regional species richness. In this study we characterize the full range of wetland vegetation in an upland forest landscape at Dumyeong-ri, Gijang-gun, Busan. This wetland index can be calculated with species data, or with community type data as performed. Classified community types were used to describe vegetation at three wetlands and adjacent areas. The communities contained 28 species of vascular plants and 28 species were identified four plant community types. The Pinus densiflora type was dominated by Pinus densiflora and contained only four species. None of the plots had high proportion of standing water. The Carpinus laxiflora type had high obligate upland species (OU) and facultative upland species (FU). The Rhododendron mucronulatum type grew in over half of the plots included Pinus densiflora and Alnus japonica. Some species bother swampy areas adjacent to site C. The Miscanthus sacchariflorus type consisted of seasonal wetlands. The three sites contained nine species with the strongest indicator species being Miscanthus sinensis var. purpurascens, Miscanthus sinensis, Echinochloa crus-galli, and Sagittaria aginashi. This type had the highest proportions of obligate wetland species. Plant species richness averaged 5.069. Shannon-Weaver index of diversity also varied among the community types (F=22.7, df=4, 115), with the types FU having significantly higher value (2.746) than the others (1.057 for type FW and 1.600 for type OU). Regional plans including all of the diverse types of wetland vegetation in upland forests will contribute substantially to the conservation of plant diversity.
- Bohn TJ, DP Lettenmaier, K Sathulur, LC Bowling, E Podest, KC McDonald and T Friborg. 2007. Methane emissions from western Siberian wetlands: heterogeneity and sensitivity to climate change. Environ. Res. Lett. 2, 045015 (9 pp).
- Brooks RT, J Stone and P Lyons. 1998. An inventory of seasonal forest pools on the Quabbin Reservoir watershed, Massachusetts. Northeastern Naturalist 5:219-230.
- Colburn EA. 2004. Vernal pools: Natural history and conservation. McDonald and Woodward, Blacksburg, Virginia, USA.
- de Meester L, S Declerck, R Stoks, G Louette, F van de Meutter, T de Bie, E Michels and L Brendonck. 2005. Ponds and pools as model systems in conservation biology, ecology and evolutionary biology. Aquatic Conservation: Marine & Freshwater Ecosystems 15:715-725.
- Dufrene M and P Legendre. 1997. Species assemblages and indicator species: The need for a flexible asymmetrical approach. Ecological Monographs 67:345-366.
- Flinn KM, MJ Lechowicz and MJ Waterway. 2008. Plant species diversity and composition of wetlands within an upland forest. Am. J. Bot. 95:1216-1224.
- McCune B and MJ Mefford. 1999. PC-ORD: Multivariate analysis of ecological data, version 4.25. MjM Software Design, Gleneden Beach, Oregon, USA.
- Nicolet P, J Biggs, G Fox, MJ Hodson, C Reynolds, M Whitfield and P Williams. 2004. The wetland plant and macroinvertebrate assemblages of temporary ponds in England and Wales. Biological Conservation 120:261-278.
- Palik B, R Buech and L Egeland. 2003. Using an ecological land hierarchy to predict the abundance of seasonal wetlands in northern Minnesota forests. Ecological Applications 10:189-202.
- Palik B, D Streblow, L Egeland and R Buech. 2007. Landscape variation of seasonal pool plant communities in forests of northern Minnesota, USA. Wetlands 27:12-23.
- Reed PB Jr. 1988. National list of plant species that occur in wetlands: National summary. Biological Report 88. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Washington, D.C., USA. Website http://www.fws.gov/nwi/plants.htm.
- Semlitsch RD and JR. Bodie. 1998 . Are small, isolated wetlands expendable? Conservation Biology 12:1129-1133.
- Shannon CE and W Weaver 1949. The Mathematical Theory of Communication. pp. 326, University Illinois Press, Urbana, IL.
- Tiner RW. 2003. Geographically isolated wetlands of the United States. Wetlands 23:494-516.
- Williams P, M Whitfield, J Biggs, S Bray, G Fox, P Nicolet and D Sear. 2004. Comparative biodiversity of rivers, streams, ditches and ponds in an agricultural landscape in Southern England. Biological Conservation 115:329-341.
- Keiper JB, WE Walton and BA Foote. 2002. Biology and ecology of higher diptera from freshwater wetlands. Annual Review of Entomology 47:207-232.
- Paton PWC. 2005. A review of vertebrate community composition in seasonal forest pools of the northeastern United States. Wetlands Ecology and Management 13:235-246.
- Wright JP, CG Jones and AS Flecker. 2002. An ecosystem engineer, the beaver, increases species richness at the landscape scale. Oecologia 132:96-101.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2002 "한국 남서부 갯벌의 저서성 미세조류의 대상분포와 수직분포에 미치는 이화학적 요인의 효과에 관한 비교" 한국환경과학회지 = Journal of the environmental sciences 11 (6): 529~535
- 2003 "가마미 해수욕장(전남 영광) 갯벌의 미세조류의 분포에 관한 연구" 한국환경과학회지 = Journal of the environmental sciences 12 (7): 715~724
- 2003 "주암호에서 수질과 식물플랑크톤 군집에 미치는 광 차단효과" 한국육수학회지 = Korean journal of limnology 36 (2): 150~160
- 2005 "Ecological and Genetic Biodiversity of Corbicula leana in the Nakdong River and the Nam River" 한국생태학회지 = The Korean journal of ecology 28 (2): 63~67
- 2007 "하구언 댐 유무에 따른 강 생태계에서의 동물플랑크톤 동태의 차이" 한국육수학회지 = Korean journal of limnology 40 (2): 273~284
- 2008 "동복호의 식물플랑크톤 출현 패턴" 환경생물 = Korean journal of environmental biology 26 (4): 367~376
- 2008 "인공호수(옥정호)내 동물플랑크톤 동태 및 군집 여과율의 수직적 변화" 환경생물 = Korean journal of environmental biology 26 (4): 392~401
- 2008 "Seasonal Dynamics of Pathogenic Microorganisms (Cryptosporidium, Giardia and Fecal Bacteria) in an Artificial Lake Ecosystem (Sangsa Lake, Korea)" Journal of ecology and field biology : JEFB 31 (2): 161~165
- 2009 "탐진강 수계의 어류상과 어류의 서식형" 한국환경과학회지 = Journal of the environmental sciences 18 (9): 1001~1010
- 2010 "수온에 따른 영산강 식물플랑크톤군집 변동" 환경생물 = Korean journal of environmental biology 28 (2): 56~63
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기