신종 인플루엔자 A (H1N1) 감염으로 입원한 성인 폐렴 환자의 임상양상
Clinical Features of Hospitalized Adult Patients with Pneumonia in Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Infection
Background: A novel 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus emerged and disseminated to all over the world. There are few reports on the clinical characteristics of patients with complications. We describe the clinical features of pneumonia in adult patients hospitalized, who have novel influenza infection. Methods: There were 43 adult patients enrolled into the study with pneumonia of 528 hospitalized patients confirmed influenza A (H1N1) virus infection by real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction testing, between 24 August 2009 and 31 January 2010. The clinical data of patients with pneumonia were collected retrospectively. Results: There were 22 of 43 (51.2%) influenza patients with pneumonia that had higher risk factors for complications. Compared to 28 patients with influenza A (H1N1) viral pneumonia and 15 patients, who had isolated bacteria from cultures, those with mixed viral and bacterial pneumonia were significantly more likely to have unilobar consolidations on chest radiographs (53.3 vs. 10.7%, p $PaO_2$ (48.3 [37.0~70.5] vs 64.0 [60.0~74.5] mm Hg, p=0.02) and high levels of pneumonia severity index (PSI) score (108.0 [74.5~142.8] vs. 56.0 [40.5~91.0], p=0.03). Conclusion: The majority of pneumonia patients infected with novel influenza improved. Chest radiographic findings of unilobar consolidations suggest that mixed pneumonia is more likely. Initial dyspnea, hypoxemia, and high levels of PSI score are associated with undergoing mechanical ventilation support.
- Fraser C, Donnelly CA, Cauchemez S, Hanage WP, Van Kerkhove MD, Hollingsworth TD, et al. Pandemic potential of a strain of influenza A (H1N1): early findings. Science 2009;324:1557-61.
- Turbelin C, Pelat C, Boelle PY, Levy-Bruhl D, Carrat F, Blanchon T, et al. Early estimates of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus activity in general practice in France: incidence of influenza-like illness and age distribution of reported cases. Euro Surveill 2009;14(39). pii: 19341.
- Garske T, Legrand J, Donnelly CA, Ward H, Cauchemez S, Fraser C, et al. Assessing the severity of the novel influenza A/H1N1 pandemic. BMJ 2009;339:b2840.
- World Health Organization. World now at the start of 2009 influenza pandemic. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2009 [cited 2009 Aug 24]. Available from: http://www. who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2009/ h1n1_pandemic_phase6_20090611/en/index.html.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Cases of novel influenza A (H1N1) infections in the South Korea. Public Health Weekly Report 2009;2: 293-5.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pathogen Lab Surveillance Report. Weekly acute infectious disease pathogen surveillance: acute respiratory virus, week 45.
- Dolin R. Chapter 180. Influenza. In: Fauci AS, Braunwald E, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Longo DL, Jameson JL, et al., editors. Harrison's principles of internal medicine. 17th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Co., Inc.; 2008. p. 1127-32.
- Kim SH. Treatment of severe pandemic influenza A/ H1N1 infection. Infect Chemother 2009;41:265-71.
- Rothberg MB, Haessler SD. Complications of seasonal and pandemic influenza. Crit Care Med 2010;38:e91-7.
- Ahn S, Kim WY, Yoon JY, Sohn CH, Seo DW, Kim SH, et al. Procalcitonin in 2009 H1N1 influenza pneumonia: role in differentiating from bacterial pneumonia. Tuberc Respir Dis 2010;68:205-11.
- Dawood FS, Jain S, Finelli L, Shaw MW, Lindstrom S, Garten RJ, et al. Emergence of a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus in humans. N Engl J Med 2009; 360:2605-15.
- Garten RJ, Davis CT, Russell CA, Shu B, Lindstrom S, Balish A, et al. Antigenic and genetic characteristics of swine-origin 2009 A(H1N1) influenza viruses circulating in humans. Science 2009;325:197-201.
- Zimmer SM, Burke DS. Historical perspective: emergence of influenza A (H1N1) viruses. N Engl J Med 2009;361:279-85.
- Kim WJ. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, and management of pandemic novel Influenza A (H1N1). Korean J Med 2009;77:157-64.
- Lee CS. The diagnosis and treatment of influenza. J Korean Med Assoc 2010;53:43-51.
- Noh JY, Yim SY, Heo JY, Choi WS, Song JY, Cheong HJ, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of pandemic influenza (H1N1 2009). Infect Chemother 2010;42:69-75.
- Choi SS, Kim WY, Kim SH, Hong SB, Lim CM, Koh Y, et al. Associated factor related to major complications of patients with hospitalized for 2009 H1N1 influenza pneumonia. Tuberc Respir Dis 2010;68:162-7.
- Bautista E, Chotpitayasunondh T, Gao Z, Harper SA, Shaw M, Uyeki TM, et al. Clinical aspects of pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection. N Engl J Med 2010;362:1708-19.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Intensive care patients with severe novel influenza A (H1N1) virus infection: Michigan, June 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009;58:749-52.
- Dwyer D. Mini-lecture in slide session on novel H1N1 influenza: late-breakers. Program and abstracts of the 49th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy; 2009 Sep 12-15; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Rello J, Rodriguez A, Ibanez P, Socias L, Cebrian J, Marques A, et al. Intensive care adult patients with severe respiratory failure caused by Influenza A (H1N1)v in Spain. Crit Care 2009;13:R148.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Surveillance for pediatric deaths associated with 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) virus infection-Unites States, April-August 2009. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2009;58:941-7.
- Wright PF, Kirkland KB, Modlin JF. When to consider the use of antibiotics in the treatment of 2009 H1N1 influenza-associated pneumonia. N Engl J Med 2009; 361:e112.
- Barlow GD. Swine flu and antibiotics. J Antimicrob Chemother 2009;64:889-94.
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- 대한결핵 및 호흡기학회 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기