만성폐쇄성폐질환에 폐렴과 급성악화로 입원한 환자의 임상적 특성 및 예후 비교
Comparisons of Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes in COPD Patients Hospitalized with Community-acquired Pneumonia and Acute Exacerbation
Background: Data comparing the clinical characteristics and outcomes in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP-COPD) and acute exacerbation (AECOPD) are very limited. Methods: Eighty episodes of hospitalization in 65 CAP-COPD patients, and 111 episodes of hospitalization in 82 AE-COPD patients were included in this study. The baseline characteristics, clinical presentations, potential bacterial pathogens and clinical outcomes in these patients were retrospectively reviewed and compared. Results: No significant differences were found between the two groups in parameters related to COPD and co-morbidities, except a higher rate of male among CAP-COPD patients. Clinical presentations by symptoms and laboratory findings on admission were significantly more severe in CAP-COPD patients, who showed higher rates of fever and crepitation, but less wheezing than AE-COPD patients. S. pneumoniae and P. aeruginosae were the most common bacterial pathogens in both groups. With no difference in the overall hospital mortality between both groups, the mean length of hospital stay was significantly longer in the CAP-COPD patients than in AE-COPD patients (15.3 vs. 9.8 days, respectively, p
- Torres A, Dorca J, Zalacain R, Bello S, El-Ebiary M, Molinos L, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a Spanish multicenter study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1996;154:1456- 61.
- American Thoracic Society. Standards for the diagnosis and care of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1995;152:S77- 121.
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD). Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease [Internet]. [place unknown]: GOLD; c2009. [cited 2009 Nov 18]. Available from: http://www.goldcopd. org.
- Lieberman D, Gelfer Y, Varshavsky R, Dvoskin B, Leinonen M, Friedman MG. Pneumonic vs nonpneumonic acute exacerbations of COPD. Chest 2002;122: 1264-70.
- Garcia-Vidal C, Carratala J, Fernandez-Sabe N, Dorca J, Verdaguer R, Manresa F, et al. Aetiology of, and risk factors for, recurrent community-acquired pneumonia. Clin Microbiol Infect 2009;15:1033-8.
- Anthonisen NR, Manfreda J, Warren CP, Hershfield ES, Harding GK, Nelson NA. Antibiotic therapy in exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ann Intern Med 1987;106:196-204.
- Yoo SJ, Oh HJ, Shin BM. Evaluation of four commercial IgG- and IgM-specific enzyme immunoassays for detecting Mycoplasma pneumoniae antibody: comparison with particle agglutination assay. J Korean Med Sci 2007;22:795-801.
- Grayston JT, Aldous MB, Easton A, Wang SP, Kuo CC, Campbell LA, et al. Evidence that Chlamydia pneumoniae causes pneumonia and bronchitis. J Infect Dis 1993;168:1231-5.
- Molinos L, Clemente MG, Miranda B, Alvarez C, del Busto B, Cocina BR, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia in patients with and without chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Infect 2009;58:417-24.
- Siddiqi A, Sethi S. Optimizing antibiotic selection in treating COPD exacerbations. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 2008;3:31-44.
- Roche N, Rabbat A, Zureik M, Huchon G. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease exacerbations in emergency departments: predictors of outcome. Curr Opin Pulm Med 2010;16:112-7.
- Mandell LA, Wunderink RG, Anzueto A, Bartlett JG, Campbell GD, Dean NC, et al. Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adults. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44 Suppl 2:S27-72.
- Pifarre R, Falguera M, Vicente-de-Vera C, Nogues A. Characteristics of community-acquired pneumonia in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Med 2007;101:2139-44.
- Ko FW, Ip M, Chan PK, Ng SS, Chau SS, Hui DS. A one-year prospective study of infectious etiology in patients hospitalized with acute exacerbations of COPD and concomitant pneumonia. Respir Med 2008;102: 1109-16.
- Piquet J, Maurer C, Barbieux H, Chavaillon JM, Debieuvre D, Lebas FX, et al. Acute exacerbations of COPD admitted to hospital: predictive factors of 3 year mortality. Rev Mal Respir 2007;24:909-16.
- Sethi S, Murphy TF. Infection in the pathogenesis and course of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N Engl J Med 2008;359:2355-65.
- Sethi S, Evans N, Grant BJ, Murphy TF. New strains of bacteria and exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. N Engl J Med 2002;347:465-71.
- Murphy TF, Brauer AL, Eschberger K, Lobbins P, Grove L, Cai X, et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2008;177:853-60.
- Ko FW, Ip M, Chan PK, Fok JP, Chan MC, Ngai JC, et al. A 1-year prospective study of the infectious etiology in patients hospitalized with acute exacerbations of COPD. Chest 2007;131:44-52.
- Joo SK, Koo SW, Kim MA, Cho YH, Cha ST, Hong GY, et al. Bacterial etiology in hospitalized patients with acute exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Korean J Med 2009;77:309-14.
- Fang GD, Fine M, Orloff J, Arisumi D, Yu VL, Kapoor W, et al. New and emerging etiologies for community- acquired pneumonia with implications for therapy: a prospective multicenter study of 359 cases. Medicine (Baltimore) 1990;69:307-16.
- Snijders D, van der Eerden M, de Graaff C, Boersma W. The influence of COPD on mortality and severity scoring in community-acquired pneumonia. Respiration 2010;79:46-53.
- Roche N, Zureik M, Soussan D, Neukirch F, Perrotin D. Predictors of outcomes in COPD exacerbation cases presenting to the emergency department. Eur Respir J 2008;32:953-61.
- Confalonieri M, Urbino R, Potena A, Piattella M, Parigi P, Puccio G, et al. Hydrocortisone infusion for severe community-acquired pneumonia: a preliminary randomized study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2005;171: 242-8.
- Torres A, Menendez R. Mortality in COPD patients with community-acquired pneumonia: who is the third partner? Eur Respir J 2006;28:262-3.
- Snijders D, Daniels JM, de Graaff CS, van der Werf TS, Boersma WG. Efficacy of corticosteroids in community- acquired pneumonia: a randomized double-blinded clinical trial. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2010;181:975- 82.
- Garcia-Vazquez E, Marcos MA, Mensa J, de Roux A, Puig J, Font C, et al. Assessment of the usefulness of sputum culture for diagnosis of community-acquired pneumonia using the PORT predictive scoring system. Arch Intern Med 2004;164:1807-11.
- Bartlett JG. Diagnosis of bacterial infections of the lung. Clin Chest Med 1987;8:119-34.
- Restrepo MI, Mortensen EM, Pugh JA, Anzueto A. COPD is associated with increased mortality in patients with community-acquired pneumonia. Eur Respir J 2006;28:346-51.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Shin, Kyeong-Cheol 2011. "Clinical Year-in-Review of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in Korea" Tuberculosis and respiratory diseases : TRD = 결핵 및 호흡기 질환, 71(1): 1~7
- Ahn, Min Hee ; Choi, Ja Yun ; Kim, Yun Hee 2016. "A Systematic Review of Home based Pulmonary Rehabilitation in COPD Patients: Randomized Controlled Trials" 재활간호학회지 = The Korean journal of rehabilitation nursing, 19(2): 82~99
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- 대한결핵 및 호흡기학회 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기