Expression and Identification of a Minor Extracellular Fibrinolytic Enzyme (Vpr) from Bacillus subtilis KCTC 3014
Previously, three extracellular proteases, Vpr, PepT, and subtilisin were identified from Bacillus subtilis KCTC 3014. To confirm the activity of Vpr, two recombinant Vpr proteins, full Vpr with TTG (pGST-fTTG-Vpr) and full Vpr with ATG (pGST-fATG-Vpr) as an initiation codon were expressed using a pGEX-2T vector encoding glutathione S-transferase (GST) in Escherichia coli. Vpr was produced in two forms, occurring as four spots on a 2-DE gel, 68 and 75 kDa proteins with similar pI values (4.0 ~ 4.5). Activity was detected in a fibrin zymography at the expected molecular size of 68 kDa (mature form) processed from full Vpr. However, the recombinant 75 kDa of GST-fVpr did not exhibit activity. Replacement of the TTG codon with ATG led to 1.9-fold increased enzyme activity in 68 kDa. Interestingly, the expression of GST-Vpr resulted in the proteolytic degradation of the protein and no GST fusion Vpr protein was detected.
- Priest, F. G. (1997) Extracellular enzyme synthesis in the genus Bacillus. Bacteriol. Rev. 41: 711-753.
- Tran, L., X. C. Wu, and S. L. Wong (1991) Cloning and expression of a novel protease gene encoding an extracellular neutral protease from Bacillus subtilis. J. Bacteriol. 173: 6364-6372.
- Kunst, F., N. Ogasawara, and I. Moszer (1997) The complete genome sequence of the gram-positive bacterium Bacillus subtilis. Nature 390: 249-256.
- Simonen, M. and I. Palva (1993) Protein secretion in Bacillus species. Microbiol. Rev. 57: 109-137.
- Sloma, A., A. Ally, D. Ally, and J. Pero (1988) Gene encoding a minor extracellular protease in Bacillus subtilis. J. Bacteriol. 170: 5557-5563.
- Choi, N. S., K. H. Yoo, J. H. Hahm, K. S. Yoon, K. T. Chang, B. H. Hyun, P. J. Maeng, and S. H. Kim (2005) Purification and characterization of a new peptidase, bacillopeptidase DJ-2, having fibrinolytic activity: produced by Bacillus sp. DJ-2 from Doen-Jang. J. Microb.. Biotechnol. 15: 72-79.
- Roitsch, C. A. and J. H. Hageman (1983) Bacillopeptidase F: Two forms of a glycoprotein serine protease from Bacillus subtilis 168. J. Bacteriol. 155: 145-152.
- Rufo, G. A., B. J. Sullivan, A. Sloma, and J. Pero (1990) Isolation and characterization of a novel extracellular metalloprotease from Bacillus subtilis. J. Bacteriol. 172: 1019-1023.
- Bruckner, R., O. Shoseyov, and R. H. Doi (1990) Multiple active forms of a novel serine protease from Bacillus subtilis. Mol. Gen. Genet. 221: 486-490.
- Margot, P. and D. Karamata (1996) The wprA gene of Bacillus subtilis 168, expressed during exponential growth, encodes a cell-wall-associated protease. Microbiology 142: 3437-3444.
- Sloma, A., G. A. Rufo, K. A. Theriault, M. Dwyer, S. W. Wilson, and J. Pero (1991) Cloning and characterization of the gene for an additional extracellular serine protease of Bacillus subtilis. J. Bacteriol. 173: 6889-6895.
- Park, S. G., C. W. Kho, S. Cho, D. H. Lee, S. H. Kim, and B. C. Park (2002) A functional proteomic analysis of secreted fibrinolytic enzymes from Bacillus subtilis 168 using a combined method of two-dimensional gel electrophoresis and zymography. Proteomics 2: 206-211.
- Ghosh, A., K. Chakrabarti, and D. Chattopadhyay (2008) Degradation of raw feather by a novel high molecular weight extracellular protease from newly isolated Bacillus cereus DCUW. J. Ind. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 35: 825-834.
- Choi, N. S., D. M. Chung, C. H. Ryu, K. S. Yoon, P. J. Maeng, and S. H. Kim (2006) Identification of three extracellular proteases from Bacillus subtilis KCTC 3014. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 16: 457-464.
- Mauch, L., V. Bichler, and R. Brandsch (1990) Functional analysis of the 5' regulatory region and the UUG translation initiation codon of the Arthrobacter oxidans 6-hydroxy-dnicotine oxidase gene. Mol. Gen. Genet. 221: 427-434.
- Liobikas, J., Z. Polianskyte, O. Speer, J. Thompson, J. Alakoskela, N. Peitsaro, M. Franck, M. Whitehead, P. Kinnunen, and O. Eriksson (2006) Expression and purification of the mitochondrial serine protease LACTB as an N-terminal GST fusion protein in Escherichia coli. Protein Expr. Purif. 45: 335-342.
- Sambrook, J., E. Fritsch, and T. Maniatis (1989) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual. 3nd ed., pp. 116-118. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, USA.
- Kim, S. H. and N. S. Choi (1999) Electrophoretic analysis of protease inhibitors in fibrin zymography. Anal. Biochem. 270: 179-181.
- Kim, S. H., N. S. Choi, and W. Y. Lee (1998) Fibrin zymography: a direct analysis of fibrinolytic enzymes on gels. Anal. Biochem. 263: 115-116.
- Gharahdaghi, F., C. R. Weinberg, D. A. Meagher, B. S. Imai, and S. M. Mishe (1999) Mass spectrometric identification of proteins from silver-stained polyacrylamide gel: A method for the removal of silver ions to enhance sensitivity. Electrophoresis 20: 601-605.
- Shevchenko, A., M. Wilm, O. Vorm, and M. Mann (1996) Mass spectrometric sequencing of proteins silver-stained polyacrylamide gels. Anal. Chem. 68: 850-858.
- Kho, C. W., S. G. Park, S. Cho, D. H. Lee, P. K. Myung, and B. C. Park (2005) Confirmation of Vpr as a fibrinolytic enzyme present in extracellular proteins of Bacillus subtilis. Protein Expr. Purif. 39: 1-7.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2016. "" Journal of microbiology and biotechnology, 26(11): 1993~2005
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기