DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTROSTATIC DIESEL PARTICULATE MATTER FILTRATION SYSTEMS COMBINED WITH A METALLIC FLOW-THROUGH FILTER AND ELECTROSTATIC METHODS
A 3000 cc diesel engine attached to an engine dynamo was used to test three newly developed electrostatic Diesel Particulate matter filtration Systems (DPS 1, 2, and 3) under four steady-state engine operating conditions: idle, 2000 rpm with no load, and 2000 rpm under 25% and 50% loads. Of the two developed alternatives, DPS 1 and DPS 2, DPS 2 comprises an ionization section, electrostatic field additional section and Flow-Through Filter (FTF), which achieved almost 90% removal of particulate matter (PM) under the engine's operating conditions, and the efficiency of the FTF was maintained between 20% and 50%. Comparing the long-term performance of DPS 2 and DPS 3 (effectively a serial combination of two DPS 2s) with a commercially-available Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), the DPS 2 and DPS 3 achieved almost the same efficiency for removing PM as the DPF but had significantly improved (75%~90% lower) differential pressure drops.
- An, S., Cho, G., Choi, H., Jeong, Y., Lee, E., Oh, K., Han, S., Kim, K. and Park, S. (2006). A study on the PM reduction of catalytic metal foam filter. Fall Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Paper No. 06- F0055, 366？370.
- Bruck, R., Hirth, P., Reizig, M., Treiber, P. and Breuer, J. (2001). Metal supported flow-through particulate trap; A non-blocking solution. SAE Paper No. 011950.
- Cho, G., Choi, H., Jeong, Y., Kim, H., Ahn, S., Jeong, B., Choi, Y., Kim, D., Yoon, C. S., Lee, E., Oh, K., Han, S., Kim, K., Park, S., Kim, G. and Choi, S. (2007). PM reduction performance and regeneration characteristics of catalyzed metal foam filters for a 3L diesel passenger vehicle. SAE Paper No. 013456.
- HEI (2002). Understanding the Health Effects of Components of the Particulate Matter Mix: Process and Next Steps. HEI Perspectives, [Online] Health Effects Institute, Boston, MA, Available at http://www.healtheffects.org/ Pubs/Perspectives-2.pdf
- Hinds, W. C. (1999). Aerosol Technology. 2nd Edn. 15, 331？341. U.S.A.
- Jacob, E., Lammermann, R., Pappenheimer, A. and Rothe, D. (2006). Exhaust gas aftertreatment system for EURO 4 heavy-duty engines. MTZ, 6/2005, 1？8.
- Jacobs, T., Chatterjee, S., Conway, R., Walter, A., Kramer, J. and Mueller-Hass, K. (2006). Development of partial filter technology for HDD retrofit. SAE Paper No. 010213.
- Jeong, S. J., Kang, J. H., Kim, T. M. and Lee, H. S. (2008). A study on the uniform PM deposition and improvement of regeneration performance of PDPF of heavy duty diesel engine. Spring Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Paper No. 08-S0042, 256？262.
- Kim, Y. J., Hwang, T. K. and Yoo, J. S. (2001). A study on the collection characteristics of submicron particles in an electrostatic precipitator-I. Electrical characteristics. Korean J. Air-Conditioing and Refrigeration Engineering 7, 7, 572？578.
- Kittleson, D., Watts, W., Baltensperger, V., Weingartner, E., Matter, V., Pandis, S., Clark, N. and Gautum, M. (1999). Diesel Aerosol Sampling Methology. University of Minessota Center for Diesel Research Report.
- Majewski, W. A. (2008). Flow-through Filters, Diesel Net Technology Guide, [Online]Ecopoint Inc. Available at http://www.dieselnet.com/tech/cat_ftf.html [Accessed 03 December 2008].
- Monaghan, M. L. (2000). Future gasoline and diesel engines- Review. Int. J. Automotive Technology 1, 1, 1？8.
- Park, S. J., Lee, D. G., Kim, J., Cho, G., Kim, H. and Jeong, Y. (2007). Filtration characteristics of metal foam filters for DPF combined with electrostatic precipitation mechanism. Trans. Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 15, 2, 151？158.
- Park, Y., Choi, Y., Jung, H., Kim, N. and Lee, J. (2006). A study on the emission reduction performance of a partial flow diesel particulate filter. Fall Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Paper No. 06-F0037, 248？253.
- Yoon, C. S. and Cho, G. (2009). Study of design and CFD analysis for partial DPF utilizing metal foam. Trans. Korean Society of Automotive Engineers 17, 1, 24？34.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기