DEVELOPMENT AND ANALYSIS OF AN AIR SPRING MODEL
The analytical model of an air spring can be effectively used for the design of air spring equipped vehicles to provide better ride and handling characteristics along with various functions for passenger convenience. However, establishing a general model of an air spring poses particular difficulties due to the severe nonlinearities in the stiffness and the hysteresis effects, which are hardly observed in conventional coil springs. The purpose of this study is to develop a general analytic model of an air spring-one which represents the main characteristics of stiffness and hysteresis and which can be connected to a model of pneumatic systems desigined to control air spring height. To this end, the mathematical model was established on the basis of thermodynamics with the assumptions that the thermodynamic parameters do not vary with the position inside the air spring, that the air has the ideal gas property, and that the kinetic and potential energies of the air are negligible. The analysis of the model has revealed that the stiffness is affected by the volume variation, the heat transfer, and the variation of the air mass and the effective area. However, the hysteresis is mainly affected by the heat transfer and the variation of the effective area. In particular, it was revealed that the increase of the volume due to the cross-sectional area increases the stiffness, while the increase of the volume due to the other reason decreases it. In addition, the model was used to develop the sufficient stability condition, and the stability of the model was analyzed. The paper also presents the comparison between the simulation and experimental results to validate the established model and demonstrates the potential of the model to be usefully employed for the development of the air spring and its algorithm for use in a pneumatic system.
- Cha, C. J., Kim, P. G. and Lee, S. J. (2006). Development of an analytical air spring model with hysteresis characteristics. Fall Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 1964？1969.
- Chang, F. and Lu, Z.-H. (2008). Dynamic model of an air spring and integration into a vehicle dynamics model. Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D, J. Automobile Engineering 222, 10, 1813？1826.
- Fernandez, R. and Woods, R. L. (1999). Thermal considerations in fluid power systems modeling. Proc. Fluid Power Systems and Technology, 47？54.
- Folchert, U. (2006). Air Supply System for a Motor Vehicle. Continental Aktiengesellschaft US Patent No. 7097166.
- Hyundai Motor Company (2009). Instruction Manual for GENESIS. 5？35.
- Jang, I., Kim, H., Lee, H. and Han, S. (2007). Height control and failsafe algorithm for closed loop air suspension control system. Proc. Int. Conf. Control, Automation and Systems, 373？378.
- Khalil, H. K. (1996). Nonlinear Systems. 2nd Edn. Prentice Hall. New Jersey.
- Kia Motor Company (2009). Instruction Manual for MOHAVE, 5, 37？38.
- Kim, W., Lee, J. W., Kim, H. K., Doo, M. S., Kim, H. S. and Doh, W. J. (2001). Handling analysis of active height control system for SUV using ADASMS. Fall Conf. Proc., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 908？ 914.
- Kim, W. Y. and Kim, D. K. (2005). Improvement of ride and handling characteristics using multi-objective optimization techniques. Int. J. Automotive Technology 6, 2, 141？148.
- Nieto, A. J., Morales, A. L., Gonzalez, A., Chicharro, J. M. and Pintado, P. (2008). An analytical model of pneumatic suspensions based on an experimental characterization. J. Sound and Vibration 313, 1/2, 290？307.
- Quaglia, G. and Sorli, M. (2001). Air suspension dimensionless analysis and design procedure. Vehicle System Dynamics 35, 6, 443？475.
- Seong, J. H., Lee, K. W., Park, G. B. and Yang, H. J. (2008). Study on air spring modeling method for railway vehicle dynamics. Proc. Spring Conf., Korean Society for Railway, 2216？2221.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2011. "" International journal of automotive technology, 12(6): 839~847
- Jang, Ji-Seong 2013. "Effectiveness of a Heat Transfer Characteristics of an Auxiliary Chamber for Performance of an Air Spring" 한국동력기계공학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, 17(2): 121~127
- Jang, Ji-Seong 2014. "The Effects of Parameter Changes on the Properties of an Air Spring" 한국동력기계공학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society for Power System Engineering, 18(2): 77~82
- 2016. "" International journal of automotive technology, 17(5): 807~816
- Han, Seung Hun ; Jang, Ji Seong ; Ji, Sang Won 2016. "Effect of Control Valve Flow Rates Characteristics on the Performance of an Air Spring" 드라이브ㆍ컨트롤 = Journal of drive and control, 13(3): 8~14
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기