APPLICATION OF SLIM A-PILLAR TO IMPROVE DRIVER'S FIELD OF VISION
The importance of vehicle safety cannot be exaggerated in today's mobile societies. Many manufacturers, associates related to vehicles and universities make an effort to improve vehicle safety by developing new technologies, applying high strength steel to the body structure etc. However, the majority of these efforts are focused on decreasing injury. It is absolutely important to minimize injury, but a more important aspect is coping with vehicle accidents. That is, As undeniably important as it is to minimize potential injuries, it is critical that experts focus on developing ways to keep drivers out of situations likely to lead to crashes in the first place. The purpose of this paper is to determine what the most critical factor is when coping with an unfamiliar driving situation. The answer is to provide a wide-open field of vision, especially for the driver. The driver's field of vision is obstructed by the vehicle's A-pillar. To solve this, the A-pillar obstruction angle, which is the angle between the driver's eyes and the A-pillar should be decreased. This paper purposes three-methods for decreasing this angle structurally and applying a slim A-pillar which is as the best solution to decrease the A-pillar obstruction angle and ensure the drivers field of vision at the same time
- European Economic Community (1997). Motor Vehicles Drivers Forward Visibility. 77/649/EEC. 1-40.
- European Economic Community (1994). Describing and measuring the driver's field of view. SAE Paper No. J1050, 1-23.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (2002). Motor vehicle drivers' eye locations. SAE Paper No. J941, 1？33.
- Society of Automotive Engineers (1998). Driver selected seat position. SAE Paper No. J1517, 1-7.
- (2007). Available at http://www.autotrader.co.uk/ EDITORIAL/CARS/FEATURES/CITROEN/ 33225.html
- Euro Car Body (2007). Available at http:// www.automotive-circle.com/eurocarbody09/carbo09 _welcome.cfm?lg=e
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기