ISRSS: INTEGRATED SIDE/REAR SAFETY SYSTEM
As driver assistant systems (DAS) and active safety vehicles (ASV) with various functions become popular, it is not uncommon for multiple systems to be installed on a vehicle. If each function uses its own sensors and processing unit, it will make installation difficult and raise the cost of the vehicle. As a countermeasure, research integrating multiple functions into a single system has been pursued and is expected to make installation easier, decrease power consumption, and reduce vehicle pricing. This paper proposes a novel side/rear safety system using only one scanning laser radar, which is installed in the rear corner of the driver's side. Our proposed system, ISRSS (integrated side/rear safety system), integrates and implements four system functions: BSD (blind spot detection), RCWS (rear collision warning system), semi-automatic perpendicular parking, and semi-automatic parallel parking. BSD and RCWS, which operate while the vehicle is running, share a common signal processing result. The target position designation for perpendicular parking and parallel parking situations is based on the same signal processing. Furthermore, as system functions during running and those during automatic parking operate in exclusive situations, they can share common sensors and processing units efficiently. BSD and RCWS system functions were proved with 13025 and 2319 frames, respectively. The target position designation for perpendicular and parallel parking situations was evaluated with 112 and 52 situations and shows a success rate of 98.2% and 92.3%, respectively.
- Akaike, F. and Nishimura, S. (2006). Head Rests. United States Patent No. US 7,073,856 B2. Date of Patents 11 July 2006.
- Akita, T., Kadoya, A. and Hayashi, K. (2006). Rear obstacle warning system utilizing a rear monitor camera. 13th World Cong. Intelligent Transport Systems and Services, Oct. 2006.
- Amditis, A., Floudas, N., Kaiser-Dieckhoff, U., Hackbarth, T., Van Den Broek, B., Miglietta, M., Danielson, L., Gemou, M. and Bekiaris, E. (2008). Integrated vehicle's lateral safety: The LATERAL SAFE experience. IET Intelligent Transportation System 2, 1, 15？26.
- Baehring, D., Simon, S., Niehsen, W. and Stiller, C. (2005). Detection of close cut-in and overtaking vehicles for driver assistance based on planar parallax. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp., 290-295.
- Batavia, P., Pomerleau, D. and Thorpe, C. (1997). Overtaking vehicle detection using implicit optical flow. IEEE Conf. Intelligent Transportation System, 729？734.
- Bouguet, J. (2009). Camera Calibration Toolbox for Matlab. Available at http://www.vision.caltech.edu/bouguetj/ calib_doc/. Accessed on 14 Oct. 2009.
- Chan Yet, W. and Qidwai, U. (2005). Intelligent surround sensing using fuzzy inference system. IEEE Sensors, 1034？1037.
- Cho, Y., Hong, D. and Yoon, P. (2008). Urban BSD using ultrasonic sensor. KSAE 30th Anniversary Conf., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, 1748？1753.
- Degerman, P., Pohl, J. and Sethson, M. (2006). Hough transform for parking space estimation using long range ultrasonic sensors. SAE Paper No. 2006-01-0810.
- Delphi (2008). Delphi Infrared Side Alert. Available at https://delphi.com/shared/pdf/ppd/safesec/infrared.pdf. Accessed on 21 June 2008.
- Diaz, J., Ros, E., Mota, S. and Agis, R. (2006a). Real-time embedded system for rear-view mirror overtaking car monitoring. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4017, 385-394.
- Diaz, J., Ros, E., Pelayo, F., Ortigosa, E. and Mota, S. (2006b). FPGA-based real-time optical-flow system. IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology 16, 2, 274？ 279.
- Diaz, J., Ros, E., Rotter, A. and Muehlenberg, M. (2008). Lane-change decision aid system based on motion-driven vehicle tracking. IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology 57, 5, 2736？2746.
- General Motors (2007). General Motors Develops Vehicles with a Sixth Sense: New Technology Helps Drivers "Watch Out" for the Other Guy. Available at http://www.gm. com/explore/technology/news/2007/tech_veh2veh_ 060107.jsp. Accessed on 1 June 2007.
- Heilenkotter, C., Hover, N., Magyar, P., Ottenhues, T., Seubert, T. and Wassmuth, J. (2007). The consistent use of engineering methods and tools. Auto Technology, 2006-06, 52？55.
- Jung, H., Choi, C., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2006a). Novel User interface for semi-automatic parking assistance system. 31st FISITA World Automotive Cong..
- Jung, H., Kim, D., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2006b). Structure analysis based parking slot marking recognition for semiautomatic parking system. Lecture Note in Computer Science, 4109, 384-393.
- Jung, H., Kim, D., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2006c). Parking slot markings recognition for automatic parking assist system. IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symp., 106？113.
- Jung, H., Kim, D., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2006d). 3D vision system for the recognition of free parking site location. Int. J. Automotive Technology 7, 3, 361？367.
- Jung, H., Lee, Y., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2006e). Radial distortion refinement by inverse mapping-based extrapolation. 18th Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition.
- Jung, H., Cho, Y., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2007a). Integrated side/rear safety system. 11th European Automotive Cong.
- Jung, H., Kim, D., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2007b). Light stripe projection based parking space detection for intelligent parking assist system. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp..
- Jung, H., Cho, Y., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2008a). Scanning laser radar-based target position designation for parking aid system. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems 9, 3, 406？424.
- Jung, H., Kim, D., Yoon, P. and Kim, J. (2008b). Twotouch type parking slot marking recognition for target parking position designation. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Sympo..
- LEXUS (2008). LS REAR PRE-CRASH SAFETY. Available at http://www.lexus.co.uk/range/ls/key-features/ safety/safety-rear-pre-crash-safety.aspx. Accessed on 22 May 2008.
- Lim, A. (2007). And Now, the Active Headrest. Available at http://star-motoring.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/7/4/ motornews/20070704175339&sec=motornews. Accessed on 4 July 2007.
- MAZDA (2007). All-new Mazda Atenza and Mazda Taiki debut at the 40th Tokyo Motor Show. Available at http:// www.mazda.com/publicity/release/2007/200710/ 071002.html. Accessed on 2 Oct. 2007.
- Morton, I. (2007a). Laser or radar? Battle for supremacy in vision safety systems heats up. Automotive News, 25 June 2007.
- Morton, I. (2007b). Lasers challenge auto radar vision; Competing technologies battle for supremacy in safety systems (IBEO Automotive Sensor). Automotive News Europe, 11 June 2007.
- Mota, S., Ros, E., Ortigosa, E. and Pelayo, F. (2004a). Bioinspired motion detection for a blind spot overtaking monitor. Int. J. Robotics and Automation 19, 4, 190？196.
- Mota, S., Ros, E., Diaz, J., Ortigosa, E., Agis, R. and Carrillo, R. (2004b). Real-time visual motion detection of overtaking cars for driving assistance using FPGAs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 3203, 1158？1161.
- Mota, S., Ros, E., Diaz, J., Ortigosa, E. and Prieto, A. (2005). Motion-driven segmentation by competitive neural processing. Neural Processing Letters, 22, 125？147.
- Nissan (2008a). Active Head Restraint. Available at http:// www.nissan-global.com/EN/DOCUMENT/PDF/ TECHNOLOGY/TECHNICAL/activeheadrestraint_en.pdf. Accessed on May 22 2008.
- Nissan (2008b). Active Headrest. Available at http:// www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOLOGY/ INTRODUCTION/DETAILS/ACTIVE-HEADREST/. Accessed on 22 May 2008.
- Pohl, J., Sethsson, M., Degerman, P. and Larsson, J. (2006). A semi-automated parallel parking system for passenger cars. Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: J. Automobile Engineering 220, 1, 53？65.
- Pudenz, K. (2007). Blind Spot Assist for Greater Safety When Changing Lanes. ATZ online. Available at http:// www.atzonline.com/index.php;do=show/site=a4e/ sid=1be241e053fcc68588dd98ea7d601641/alloc=1/ id=6904. Accessed on 27 Sept. 2007.
- Pyle, W. (2008). Lane Change Accidents are Caused by Blind Spots and Factors Affecting the Driver's Awareness of Vehicles in Adjacent Lanes of Traffic. ValeoRaytheon White Paper Series, Available at http://www.valeoraytheon. com/literature/lane-change-warning-2.pdf. Accessed on 21 June 2008.
- Ruder, M., Enkelmann, W. and Garnitz, R. (2002). Highway lane change assistant. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp., 1, June 2002, 240？244.
- Satonaka, H., Okuda, M., Hayasaka, S., Endo, T., Tanaka, Y. and Yoshida, T. (2006). Development of parking space detection using an ultrasonic sensor. 13th World Cong. Intelligent Transportation Systems and Services, Oct. 2006.
- Schulz, R. and Furstenberg, K. (2006). Laserscanner for multiple applications in passenger cars and trucks. 10th Int. Conf. Microsystems for Automotive Applications.
- SIEMENS VDO (2008). pro.pilot - Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. Available at http://www.vdo.com/ NR/rdonlyres/B13045B3-A16E-4600-95AF- 9EFFB7F12214/0/pro_pilot_en.pdf. Accessed on 23 May 2008.
- Song, K., Chen, C. and Huang, C. (2004). Design and experimental study of an ultrasonic sensor system for lateral collision avoidance at low speeds. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp., 647？652.
- Suhr, J., Jung, H., Bae, K. and Kim, J. (2008). Automatic free parking space detection by using motion stereobased 3D reconstruction. Machine Vision and Applications 21, 2, 163？176.
- Takahashi, A., Nishida, M. and Takayama, M. (2002). Rear view lane detection by wide angle camera. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp., 1, 148？153.
- Tan, S., Dale, J., Anderson, A. and Johnston, A. (2006). Inverse perspective mapping and optic flow: A calibration method and a quantitative analysis. Image and Vision Computing, 24, 153-165.
- Techmer, A. (2001). Real-time motion based vehicle segmentation in traffic lanes. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2191, 202-207.
- Techmer, A. (2004). Real-time motion analysis for monitoring the rear and lateral road. IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symp., 704？709.
- Trico Electronics (2008). SIDEEYES: Side Object Detection. Available at http://www.tricoproducts.com/file_display_ common.cfm?thisPath=trico%2FsideEyes%2Fdoc uments&file=Trico-SideEyes.pdf&nonsecure=1. Accessed on 23 June 2008.
- Wang, J., Bebis, G. and Miller, R. (2005). Overtaking vehicle detection using dynamic and quasi-static background modeling. Proc. 2005 IEEE Computer Society Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, 3, 64？71.
- Zhu, Y., Comaniciu, D., Pellkofer, M. and Koehler, T. (2006). Reliable detection of overtaking vehicles using robust information fusion. IEEE Trans. Intelligent Transportation Systems 7, 4, 401？414.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Heong-Tae ; Song, Bongsob ; Lee, Hoon ; Jang, Hyungsun 2015. "Multiple Vehicle Recognition based on Radar and Vision Sensor Fusion for Lane Change Assistance" 제어·로봇·시스템학회 논문지 = Journal of institute of control, robotics and systems, 21(2): 121~129
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기