ECONOMIC VALUE AND UTILITY OF A POWERTRAIN SYSTEM FOR A PLUG-IN PARALLEL DIESEL HYBRID ELECTRIC BUS
This research is the first to develop a design for a powertain system of a plug-in parallel diesel hybrid electric bus equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and presents a new design paradigm of the plug-in hybrid electric bus (HEB). The criteria and method for selecting and sizing powertrain components equipped in the plug-in HEB are presented. The plug-in HEB is designed to overcome the vulnerable limitations of driving range and performance of a purely electric vehicle (EV) and to improve fuel economy and exhaust emissions of conventional bus and conventional HEBs. The control strategy of the complicated connected propulsion system in the plug-in parallel HEB is one of the most significant factors in achieving higher fuel economy and lower exhaust emissions of the HEV. In this research, a new optimal control strategy concept is proposed against existing rule-based control strategies. The optimal powertrain control strategy is obtained through two steps of optimizations: tradeoff optimization for emission control and energy flow optimization based on the instantaneous optimization technique. The proposed powertrain control strategy has the flexibility to adapt to battery SOC, exhaust emission amount, classified driving pattern, driving condition, and engine temperature. The objective of the optimal control strategy is to optimize the fuel consumption, electricity use, and exhaust emissions proper to the performance targets. The proposed control strategy was simulated to prove its validity by using analysis simulation tool ADVISOR (advanced vehicle simulator).
- Chan, C. C. and Chau, K. T. (2001). Modern Electric Vehicle Technology. Oxford University Press. Oxford.
- Anatone, M. and Cipollone, R. (2004). Design and optimization of a hybrid city minibus. SAE Paper No. 2004-01- 3063.
- He, B., Ouyang, M. and Lu, L. (2006). Modeling and PI control of diesel APU for series hybrid electric vehicles. Int. J. Automotive Technology 7, 1, 91？99.
- Husain, I. (2003). Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Design Fundamentals. CRC Press. New York.
- Jung, J. H., Lee, Y. K., Joo, J. H. and Kim, H. G. (2003). Power control strategy for fuel cell hybrid electric vehicles. SAE Paper No. 2003-01-1136.
- Markel, T. and Wipke, K. (2001). Modeling Grid-Connected Hybrid Electric Vehicles Using ADVISOR. NREL/ CP-540-30601.
- Matheson, P. (2003). Modeling and simulation of a fuzzy logic controller for a hydraulic-hybrid powertrain for use in heavy commercial vehicles. SAE Paper No. 200301- 3275.
- Plassat, G. (2004). Pollutants emissions, global warming potential effect, first comparison using external costs on urban buses. SAE Paper No. 2004-01-2015.
- Trigui, R. Badin, F., Jeannert, B., Harel, F., Coquery, R., Lallemand, R., Ousten, J. P., Castagne, M., Debest, M., Gittard, E., Vangreefshepe, F., Morel, V., Baghli, L., Reaaoug, A., Labbe, A., Labbe, J. and Biscaglia, S. (2003). Hybrid light duty vehicles evaluation program. Int. J. Automotive Technology 4, 2, 65？75.
- Van den Bossche, P. (1999). Power sources for hybrid buses: comparative evaluation of the state of art. J. Power Sources, 80, 213？216.
- Wang, B. H., Zhang, J. W. and Luo, Y. G. (2007). The rapid development of parallel hybrid propulsion control system by an online calibrating system. J. Automobile Engineering, 221, 1555？1565.
- Wang, W., Zeng, X. and Wang, Q. (2003). Develop hybrid transit buses for Chinese cities. SAE Paper No. 2003-01- 0087.
- Wipke, K. B., Cuddy, M. R. and Burch, S. D. (1999). ADVISOR 2.1: A User-friendly Advanced Powertrain Simulation Using a Combined Backward/Forward Approach. NREL/JA-540-26839.
- Zhou, R. S. and Hashimoto, F. (2004). Highly compact electric drive for automotive applications. SAE Paper No. 2004-01-3037.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기