MODELING, PARAMETER ESTIMATION AND NONLINEAR CONTROL OF AUTOMOTIVE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE USING A RAPID-CONTROL PROTOTYPING TECHNIQUE
An electronic throttle consists of a DC motor, spur gears, a return spring, a position sensor, power electronics and an electronic control unit. Fast and precise position control of this electromechanical system is relatively difficult due to very high friction and the strong nonlinearity of the spring. Simple application of linear control, such as PID, fails. In this paper, two new controller structures suitable for different reference signal types are described. The key component of the position controller is the friction compensator based on either/both feedforward or feedback principles. The quality of the resulting behavior was measured using several criteria including the measure of control activity around the equilibrium position. The control activity directly influences the vibration, the noise and the wear of the servo system. The proposed controllers demonstrated superior behavior compared with other published structures.
- Baotic, M., Vasak, M., Morari, M. and Peric, N. (2003). Hybrid system theory based optimal control of an electronic throttle. American Control Conf. 5209？5214.
- Baric, M., Petrovic, I. and Peric, N. (2005). Neural network-based sliding mode control of electronic throttle. Eng. App. Artificial Intelligence, 18, 951？961.
- Beghi, A., Nardo, L. and Stevanato, M. (2006). Observerbased discrete-time sliding mode throttle control for drive-by-wire operation of a racing motorcycle engine. IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, 14, 767-775.
- Contreras, A. F., Quiroz, I. P. and Wit, C. C. (2002). Further results on modelling and identification of an electronic throttle body. 10th Mediterranean Conf. Control and Automation, Lisbon, Portugal, July 9？12.
- Deur, J., Pavkoviæ, D., Jansz, M. and Periæ, N. (2003). Automatic tuning of electronic throttle control strategy. 11th Mediterranean Conf. Control and Automation MED 2003, Rhodes, Greece, June 18？20.
- Grepl, R. and Lee, B. (2008a). Modelling, identification and control of electronic throttle using dSpace tools. Technical Computing Prague 2008.
- Grepl, R. and Lee, B. (2008b) Modelling, identification and nonlinear control of electronic throttle. In The KSAE Daegu Gyungbuk Regional Conf., Korean Society of Automotive Engineers. Daegu, Korea, 45？53.
- Hadilebbal, M., Chafouk, H., Hoblos, G. and Lefebvre, D. (2007). Modeling and identification of non-linear systems by a multimodel approach: application to a throttle valve. Int. J. Information and Systems Sciences 3, 1, 79-99.
- Isermann, R. (1996). Information processing for mechatronic systems. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 16, 117-134.
- Ishikawa, M., McCune, D., Saikalis, G. and Oho, S. (2007). CPU model-based hardware/software co-design, cosimulation and analysis technology for real-time embedded control systems. 13th IEEE Real Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symp..
- Jung, H., Kwak, B. and Park, Y. (2000). Slip controller design for traction control system. Int. J. Automotive Technology 1, 1, 48？55.
- Olsson, H., Astrom, K. J., Canudas de Wit, C., Gafvert, M., Lischinsky, P. (1998). Friction models and friction compensation, Eur. J. Control 4, 3, 176？195.
- Pavkovic , D., Deur, J., Jansz, M. and Peri , N. (2006). Adaptive control of automotive electronic throttle. Control Engineering Practice, 14, 121-136.
- Pivonka, P. and Schmidt, M. (2007). Comparative analysis of discrete derivative implementations in PID controllers. Systems Theory and Applications, 2, WSEAS, 33？37.
- Ryu, J., Yoon, M. and Sunwoo, M. (2005). Development of a network-based traction control system, validation of its traction control algorithmand evaluation of its performance using net-hils. Int. J. Automotive Technology 6, 2, 171？181.
- Stence, R. W. (2006). Digital by-wire replaces mechanical systems in cars, in electronic braking, traction, and stability controls. Society of Automotive Engineers, USA, 29？36.
- Trebi-Ollennu, A. and Dolan, J. M. (2004). Adaptive Fuzzy Throttle control for an All Terrain Vehicle, Institute for Complex Engineered Systems. Carnegie Mellon University. Internal Report 04.
- Young, K. D., Utkin, V. I. and Ozguner, U. (1999). A control engineer's guide to sliding mode control. IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, 7, 1-14.
- Vaaak, M., Baoti , M., Petrovi , I. and Peri , N. (2007). Hybrid theory-based time-optimal control of an electronic throttle. IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, 54, 1483-1494.
- Yang, C. (2004). Model-based analysis and tuning of electronic throttle controllers. SAE World Cong., Detroit, Michigan, March 8？11.
- Zhang, P., Yin, Ch. and Zhang, J. (2006). Sliding mode control with sensor fault tolerant for electronic throttle. Int. Conf. Automation Science and Engineering, Shanghai, China.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기