Improvement of Handoff-state and QOS in Wireless Environment
In this paper, we propose for improving QoS in wireless micro cellular network using Cellular-IP/PRC(Paging Route Cache) with Paging Cache and Route Cache in Cellular-IP and propose for performance of realtime and non-real time handoff service using Handoff state machine Paging Route Cache. Although the Cellular-IP/PRC technology is devised for mobile internet communication, it bas its vulnerability in frequent handoff environment. On the other hand, Cellular IP combines the capability of cellular networks to provide high performance handoff and efficient location management of active and idle mobile users with the inherent flexibility, robustness and scalability found in IP networks. Also Cellular-IP/PRC use semi-soft handoff. During semi-soft hand off a mobile host may be in contact with either of the old and new base stations and receive packets from them. Packets intended to the mobile node are sent to both base stations and buffered, so when the mobile host eventually moves to the new location it can continue to receive packets without interruption. It should be suitable for realtime service such as multimedia traffic. But, much waste of resource will occur in this method, especially for non-real time services such as FTP and E-mail. Therefore, a new algorithm that performs different handoff according to characteristic of each traffic by use of reserved field in IP packet is proposed in this thesis. This hand off state machine using differentiated handoff improves quality of services in Cellular-IP/PRC. Suggested algorithm shows better performance than existing technology in wireless mobile internet communication environment. Matlab simulation results are improving QoS, show call drop and call blocking provided to Paging Router Cache during handoff state machine in Cellular-IP/PRC.
- Xiao XP, Ni L.M, "Internet QoS: A big picture," IEEE Network, V.13 N.2, pp. 8-18.
- R. Koodli, et. al.,"Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6", draft ietf mipshop fast mipv6 01. txt, Jan. 2004.
- D.Johnson, C. Perkins and J. Arkko, "Mobility Support in IPv6", RFC 3775, Jan., 2004.
- 3GPP, TS 23.002 : "Network architecture(Release 6)", 3GPP Standards, v.6.5.0, Jun., 2004.
- 3GPP2, X.S0013 : "All-IP Core Network Multimedia Domain", 3GPP2 Standards, Dec., 2003
- IEEE WG, "Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specifications", IEEE 802.11 standard, Dec., 1999.
- IEEE 802.11e, "Draft Supplement to Standard for Telecommunications and Information Exchange Between Systems Part 11: Wireless Medium Access Control(MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications : Medium Access Control(MAC) Enhancements for Quality of Service (QoS)", IEEE Standards, May, 2002.
- IEEE 802.15.1, "Part 15.1: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer(PHY) Specifications for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs)", IEEE Standards, Jun., 2002.
- 3GPP, TS 22.934 : "Feasibility study on 3GPP system to Wireless Local Area Network(WLAN) interworking (Release 6)", 3GPP Standards, v.6.2.0, Sep., 2003.
- IEEE 802.15.3, "Part 15.3: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for High Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs)," IEEE Standards, Sep., 2002.
- IEEE 802.15.4, "Part 15.4: Wireless Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications for Low-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks (LR-WPANs)", IEEE Standards, Oct, 2003.
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기