Fault Detection of Cycle-Based Signals Using Wavelet Transform in FAB Processes
This paper presents a wavelet multiresolution analysis based process fault detection algorithm to improve the accuracy of fault detection. Using Haar wavelet, coefficients that well reflect the process condition are selected and Hotelling's T2 control chart that uses the selected coefficients is constructed for assessing the process condition. To enhance the overall efficiency and accuracy of fault detection, the following two steps are suggested: First, a denoising method that is based on wavelet transform and soft-thresholding. Second, coefficient selection methods that use the difference in the variance. For performance evaluation, various types of abnormal process conditions are simulated and the proposed algorithm is compared with other methodologies. Also, We apply the proposed algorithm to the industrial data of the dry etching process, which is one of the FAB processes. Our method has a better fault-detection performance for various sections and various changes in mean than other methods.
- Misra, M., "Novel Techniques for Real-time and Predictive FDC Systems," Future Lab Intl., Issue 22, 2007.
- Shi, J. and Jin, J., "Diagnostic feature extraction from stamping tonnage signals based on design of experiments," Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 122, No. 22, pp. 360-369, 2000.
- Zhou, S. and Jin, J., "Automatic feature selection for unsupervised clustering of cycle-based signals in manufacturing processes," IIE Transactions, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 569-584, 2005.
- Bakshi, B. R., "Multiscale PCA with application to multivariate statistical process monitoring," AIChE Journal, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 1596-1610, 1998.
- Koh, C. K. H., Shi, J., Williams, W. J. and Ni, J., "Multiple fault detection and isolation using the haar transform, Part 2: Application to the stamping Process," Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 121, No. 2, pp. 295-299, 1999.
- Jeong, M. K., Lu, J. C. and Wang, N., "Wavelet-based SPC procedure for complicated functional data," International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 44, No. 4, pp. 729-744, 2006.
- Zhou, S., Sun, B. and Shi, J., "An SPC monitoring system for cycle-based waveform signals using haar transform," IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 60-72, 2006.
- Jin, J. and Shi, J., "Automatic feature extraction of waveform signals for in-process diagnostic performance improvement," Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 267-268, 2001.
- Donoho, D. L., "Denoising by soft thresholding," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp. 613-627, 1995.
- Burrus, C. S., Gopinath, R. A. and Guo, H., "Introduction to Wavelets and Wavelet Transforms: A Primer," Prentice-Hall, pp. 31-40, 1997.
- Burt, P. J. and Adelson, E. H., "The Laplacian pyramid as a compact image code," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 532-540, 1983.
- Ganesan, R., Das, T. K. and Venkataraman, V., "Wavelet-based multiscale statistical process monitoring: A literature review," IIE Transactions, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 787-806, 2004.
- Nounou, M. N. and Bakshi, B. R., "On-line multiscale filtering of random and gross errors without process models," AIChE Journal, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 1041-1058, 1999.
- Montgomery, D. C., "Introduction to Statistical Quality Control, 5th Edition," John Wiley & Sons, pp. 486-541, 2004.
- Jeong, H. C., Choi, G. M. and Kim, D. J., "The Precision of Lead Frame Etching Characteristics Using Monte-Carlo Simulations," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 73-78, 2007.
- Zhang, J. F., Wang, B. and Dong, S., "Analysis of Factors Impacting Atmospheric Pressure Plasma Polishing," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 39-43, 2008.
- Koh, C. K. H., Shi, J., Williams, W. J. and Ni, J., "Multiple fault detection and isolation using the haar transform, Part 1: Theory," Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, Vol. 121, No. 2, pp. 290-294, 1999.
- Donoho, D. L. and Johnstone, I. M., "Ideal spatial adaptation by wavelet shrinkage," Biometrika, Vol. 81, No. 3, pp. 425-455, 1994.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기