NC Machining of Free-Form Kriging Surfaces
An algorithm for three-axis NC tool path generation on sculptured surfaces is introduced when the free-form surface is modeled parametrically by free-form surface Kriging. The flexibility of dual Kriging that easily defines the intersection of the surfaces with a set of parallel planes and Cartesian method are combined to generate the tool-paths automatically. The presented algorithm can simultaneously generate the tool path with a predefined machining accuracy and remove gougings along the tool path. The algorithms are validated by three experiments in rough and finish machining and the results prove its reliability. Since Kriging is based on the interpolation of data points, the proposed algorithm can be used for reverse engineering applications. The system was executed on a standard micro-computer and the software was structured to offer a library of machining functions for end-users.
- Faux, J. D. and Patt, M. J., "Computational Geometry for Design and Manufacturing," Ellis Horwood Publisher, 1979.
- Kim, H. C. and Yang, M. Y., "An Optimum 2.5D Contour Parallel Tool Path," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 16-20, 2007.
- Loney, G. C. and Ozsoy, T. M., "NC Machining of Free Form Surfaces," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 85-90, 1987.
- Yoon, J. H., "Fast tool path generation by the iso-scallop height method for ball-end milling of sculptured surfaces," Int. J. Prod. Res., Vol. 43, No. 23, pp. 4989-4998, 2005.
- Yoon, J. H., "Two-dimensional representation of machining geometry and tool path generation for ball-end milling of sculptured surfaces," Int. J. Prod. Res., Vol. 45, No. 14, pp. 3151-3164, 2007.
- Ding, S., Mannan, M. A., Poo, A. N., Yang, D. C. H. and Han, Z., "Adaptive iso-planar tool path generation for machining of free-form surfaces," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 141-153, 2003.
- Huang, Y. and Oliver, J. H., "Non-constant Parameter NC Tool Path Generation on Sculptured Surfaces," Computers in Engineering, Vol. 1, pp. 411-419, 1992.
- Lee, C.-S., "Geometric equation and machining method for the sidewall of a piston," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 3-6, 2009.
- Krige, D. G., "A Statistical Approach to Some Basic Mine Valuation Problems on the Witwatersrand," Journal of the Chemical, Metallurgical and Mining Society of South Africa, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 119-139, 1951.
- Vafaeesefat, A. and ElMaraghy, H. A., "Smooth Sculptured Surface Fitting Using Dual Kriging for Reverse Engineering," CIRP- Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 33-37, 1999.
- Mohan, S., Kweon, S.-H., Lee, D.-M. and Yang, S.-H., "Parametric NURBS Curve Interpolators: A Review," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 84-92, 2008.
- Trochu, F., "Presentation of a Contouring Program Based on Dual Kriging Interpolation," Engineering with computers, Vol. 9, pp. 160-177, 1993.
- Bobrow, J. E., "NC Machining Tool Path Generation from CSG Part Representations," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 69-76, 1985.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2013. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 14(1): 85~91
- 2014. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 15(9): 1839~1846
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기