난류 모수화 방법에 따른 대기경계층 수치모의 특성에 관한 연구
Numerical Study on Characteristics of Turbulence Scheme in Planetary Boundary Layer
This paper investigates the characteristics of turbulence schemes. Turbulence closures are fundamental for modeling the atmospheric diffusion, transport and dispersion in the boundary layer. In particular, in non-homogeneous conditions, a proper description of turbulent transport in planetary boundary layer is fundamental aspect. This study is based on the Regional Atmospheric Modeling System (RAMS) and combines four different turbulence schemes to assess if the different schemes have a impact on simulation results of vertical profiles. Two of these schemes are Isotropc Deformation scheme (I.Def) and Anisotropic deformation scheme (A.Def) that are simple local scheme based on Smagorinsky scheme. The other two are Mellor-Yamada scheme (MY2.5) and Deardorff TKE scheme (D.TKE) that are more complex non-local schemes that include a prognostic equation for turbulence kinetic energy. The simulated potential temperature, wind speed and mixing ratio are compared against radiosonde observations from the study region. MY2.5 shows consistently reasonable vertical profile and closet to observation. D.TKE shows good results under relatively strong synoptic condition especially, mixing ratio simulation. Validation results show that all schemes consistently underestimated wind speed and mixing ratio but, potential temperature was somewhat overestimated.
- 이순환, 이화운, 김유근, 2002, 복잡지형에서 도시화에 따른 대기오염 확산에 관한 시뮬레이션, 한국대기환경학회지, 18(2), 67-83.
- 이영희, 박순웅, 1996, 지표면 거칠기 길이의 변화에 따른 대기경계층의 구조변화, 한국대기환경학회지, 33(3), 445-456.
- 하경자, 신선희, 김재환, 2002, 해안지역에서의 평균류와 난류의 상호작용, 한국기상학회지, 38(5), 395-408.
- Blackadar, A. K., 1962, The vertical distribution of wind and turbulent exchange in a neutral Atmosphere, Journal of Geophysical Research, 67, 3095-3102.
- Deardorff, J. W., 1978, Observed characteristics of the outer layer. In Short Course on the Planetary Boundary Layer (A. K. Blackadar, ed.), American Meteorological Society, Boston, MA.
- Deardoff, J. W., 1980, Stratocumulus-capped mixed layers derived from a three-dimensional model, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 18, 495-527.
- Helfand, H .M., Labraga, J. C., 1988, Design of a non singular level 2.5 second-order closure model for the prediction of the atmospheric turbulence, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 45, 113-124.
- Hill, G. E., 1974, Factors controling the size and spacing of cumulus clouds as revealed by numerical experiments, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 31, 646.
- Kuo, H. L., 1974, Further Studies of the Parameterization of the Influence of Cumulus Convection on Large-Scale Flow, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, 31(5), 1232-1240.
- Lee, S. H., Kimura, F., 2001, Comparative studies in the local circulations induced by land-use and by topography, Boundary Layer Meteorology, 101, 157-182.
- Lilly, D. K., 1962, On the numerical simulation of buoyant convection, Tellus, XIV, 2, 148-172.
- Mahrer, Y., Pielke, R. A., 1977, A numerical study of the airflow over irregular terrain, Beitrage zur Physik der Atmosphare, 50, 98-113.
- Mellor, G. L., Yamada, T., 1982, Development of a turbulence closure model for geophysical fluid problems, Reviews Of Geophysics, 20(4), 851-875.
- Mesinger, F., Arakawa, A., 1976, Numerical method used in atmospheric models, GARP Publication Series, No. 14, WMO/ICSU joint Organizing Committee, 64.
- Pielke, R. A., Cotton, W. R., Walko, R. L., Tremback, C. J., Lyons, W. A., Grasso, L. D., Nicholls, M. E., Moran, M. D., Wesley, D. A., Lee, T. J., Copeland, J. H. 1992, A comprehensive meteorological modeling system-RAMS, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 49(1), 69-91.
- Smagorinsky, J., 1963, General circulation experiments with the primitive equations. Part I, The basic experiment, Monthly Weather Review, 91, 99-164.
- Srinivas, C. V., Venkatesan, R., Singh, A. B., 2007, Sensitivity of mesoscale simulations of land-sea breeze to boundary layer turbulence parameterization, Atmospheric Environment, 41, 2534-2548.
- Trini Castelli, S., Hara, T., Ohba, R., Tremback, C. J., 2006, Validation studies of turbulence closure schemes for high resolutions in mesoscale meteorological models, Atmospheric Environment, 40, 2510-2523.
- Zangl, G., Gohm, A., Obleitner, F., 2008, The impact of the PBL scheme and the vertical distribution of model layers on simulations of Alpine foehn, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, 99, 105-128.
- Zhang, D. L., Zheng, W. Z., 2004, Diurnal Cycles of Surface Winds and Temperatures as Simulated by Five Boundary Layer Parameterization, American Meteorological Society, 43, 157-169.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기