아날로그 PRML 디코더를 위한 아날로그 병렬처리 회로의 전향 차동 구조
Feed forward Differential Architecture of Analog Parallel Processing Circuits for Analog PRML Decoder
A feed forward differential architecture of analog PRML decoder is investigated to implement on analog parallel processing circuits. The conventional PRML decoder performs the trellis processing with the implementation of single stage in digital and its repeated use. The analog parallel processing-based PRML comes from the idea that the decoding of PRML is done mainly with the information of the first several number of stages. Shortening the trellis processing stages but implementing it with analog parallel circuits, several benefits including higher speed, no memory requirement and no A/D converter requirement are obtained. Most of the conventional analog parallel processing-based PRML decoders are differential architecture with the feedback of the previous decoded data. The architecture used in this paper is without feedback, where error metric accumulation is allowed to start from all the states of the decoding stage, which enables to be decoded without feedback. The circuit of the proposed architecture is simpler than that of the conventional analog parallel processing structure with the similar decoding performance. Characteristics of the feed forward differential architecture are investigated through various simulation studies.
- A. J. Viterbi, "Error Bounds for Convolution Codes and Asymptotically Optimum Decoding Algorithm," IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, vol. 13, pp. 260-269, 1967.
- M. H. Shakiba, D. A. johns and K. W. Martin, "A 200-MHZ 3.3 V BICMOS Class-IV Partial Response Analog Viterbi Decoder," Proc. of IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference, vol. 33, pp. 61-67, Jan. 1998.
- H. Kobayashi and D.T. Tang, "Application of Partial Response Channel Coding to Magnetic Recording System," IBM Journal of Research and Development, pp. 368-375, 1970.
- R.D. Ciderciyan, F. Dolvio, R. Hermann and W. Schoot, "A PRML System for Digital Magnetic Recording," IEEE Trans. on Selected Area Commun., vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 38-56, 1992.
- S. H. Jiang and F. H. Lo, "PRML Process of Multilevel Run Length-Limited Modulation Recording on Optical Disk," IEEE Trans. on Magnetism, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 1070-1072, Feb. 2005.
- F. Dolivo, "Signal Processing for High-Density Magnetic Recording," Proc. of VLSI and Computer Peripherals, pp. 1.91-1.96, 1989.
- P. Siegel, "Recording Codes for Digital Magnetic Storages," IEEE Trans. on Magnet, vol. mag-21, no. 5, pp. 1344-1349, Sep. 1985.
- J. K. Wolf, "A Survey of Codes for Partial Response Channels," IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, vol. 27, no 6, pp. 4585-4589, Nov. 1991.
- Y. Okamota, H. Ashikaga, H. Saito and H. Osawa, "Performance Comparison of (1, 7) RLL Coded PRML Systems and 16/17 (0, 6/6) Coded PRML Systems in Perpendicular Magnetic Recording using Double Layer Media," Electronics and Communication in Japan, part 2, vol. 85, no. 5, Jan, 2002.
- M. H. Shakiba, D. A. johns, and K. W. Martin, "Bicmos Circuits for Analog Viterbi Decoders," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-II, Analog and Digital Signal processing, vol.45, no. 12, pp. 1527-1537, Dec. 1998.
- M. H. Shakiba, D. A. johns and K. W. Martin, "An integrated 200-MHZ 3.3-V BICMOS class-IV Partial Response Analog Viterbi decoder," IEEE .Solid-State Circuits, vol. 33, no.1, pp. 61-75, 1998.
- H. Kim, H. Son, T. Roska and L. O. Chua, "Very High Performance Viterbi Decoder with Circularly Connected Analog CNN Cell Array," Proc. of IEEE Conference on Circuit and System, pp. 97-100, 2005.
- H. Kim, H. Son, T. Roska and L. O. Chua, "High Performance Viterbi Decoder with Circularly Connected 2-D CNN Unilateral Cell Array," IEEE Trans. on Circuit and System-I, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 2208-2218, Oct. 2005.
- H,. Kim, H. Son, J. lee, I. Kim and H. Kim, "Analog Viterbi Decoder for PRML using Analog Parallel Processing Circuits of the CNN," 10th International Workshop on Cellular Neural Networks and their Application, Istanbul, Turkey, Aug. 2006
- B. Tomatsopoulos and A. Demosthenous, "A CMOS Hard Decision Analog Convolution Decoder Employing the MFDA for Low Power Applications," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and System-1, vol. 55, no. 9, Oct. 2008.
- S. H. Choi, J. J. Kong, B. G. Chung and Y. H. Kim, " Viterbi Detector Architecture for High Speed Optical Storage," Proc. IEEE TENCON, pp. 89-92, 1997.
- D. R. Cideciyan, F. Dolivo, R. Herman, W. Hirt, and W. Schott, "A PRML System for Digital Magnetic Recording," IEEE Trans. on. Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 38-56. Jan. 1992
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기