태극권 운동이 골관절염 중년여성의 신체기능, 스트레스 및 우울에 미치는 효과
The Effects of Tai Chi Exercise on Physical Function, Stress and Depression in Middle Aged Women with Osteoarthritis
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the effects of 12 weeks of Tai Chi exercise on physical function, stress and depression in middle aged women with osteoarthritis. Method: The research design was a nonequivalent control group pretest-posttest design. Forty two participants were assigned to either the experimental group (21) or control group (21). Frequency, percentages, mean, standard deviations, $X^2$ -test, Wilcoxon rank sum test and repeated measured ANOVA with SPSS 12.0/PC program were used to analyzed the collected data. Results: For physical function the physical fitness of the experimental group improved significantly more than the control group: Leg strength, balance, flexibility and grip strength. Difficulty of performing activity had a tendency of decrease. Stress showed a tendency of as time passed but the decrease was not significant. Depression decreased and the change was significant. Conclusion: The Tai Chi exercise was effective in improving physical function and reducing the stress and depression of middle aged women with osteoarthritis. Therefore the Tai Chi exercise could be used as a nursing intervention for osteoarthritis in middle aged women.
- Bae, S. C., Lee, H. S., Yun, H. R., Kim, T. H., Yoo, D. H., & Kim, S. Y. (2001). Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of Korean western ontario and McMaster Universities (WOMAC) and Lequesne osteoarthritis indices for clinical research. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, 9, 746-750.
- Baek, M. W. (2003). Effects of Tai Chi exercise program on physical function, pain, depression and immunologic response In the osteoarthritis patient. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(1), 97.
- Baek, M. W. (2005). A study on effects of Tai-Chi exercise program on pain, flexibility, perceived health status and instrumental activities of daily living for osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 12(2), 119-131.
- Bellamy, N., Buchanan, W. W., Goldsmith, C. H., Campbell, J., & Stitt, L. W. (1988). Validation study of WOMAC: a health status instrument for measuring clinically important patients relevant outcomes to antirheumatic drug therapy in patient with osteoarthritis of the hip or knee. Journal of Rheumatology, 15(12), 1833-1840.
- Bookman, A. A. M., Williams, K. S. A., & Shainhouse, J. Z. (2004). Effect of a topical diclofenac solution for relieving symptoms of primary osteoarthritis of the knee: A randomized controlled trial, Canadian Medical Association Journal, 171(4), 333-338.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. New Jersey:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. Cohen, S., Kamarck, T., & Mermelstein, R. (1983). A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 24(4), 385-396.
- Bromberger, J. T., & Matthews, K. A. (1996). A longitudinal study of the effects of pessimism, trait anxiety and life stress on depressive symptoms in middle-aged women. Psychology and Aging, 11(2), 207-13.
- Choi, J. H., Moon, J. S., & Sohng, K. Y. (2003). The effects of Tai Chi exercise on physiologic, psychological functions, and falls among fall-prone elderly. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(1), 62-76.
- Choi, M. K., Won, D. R., Kim, Y. J, Choi, M. O., Lim, N. Y., & Song, J. H. (2007). The evaluation of Tai-Chi self-help program for osteoarthritis patients. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 14(1), 42-51.
- Dekker, J., Boot, B., Van der Woude, L. R. V., & Bijlsma, J. W. J. (1992). Pain and disability in osteoarthritis: A review of biobehavioral mechanisms. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 15(2), 189-214.
- Jeon, Y. S. (2006). The effects of Taegeuk health gigong on physiological and psychological states for women with abdominal obesity. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University, Pusan.
- Jones, C., J., Rikli, R. E., & Beam, W. C. (1999). A 30-S chair-stand test as a measure of lower body strength in community-residing older adults, Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 70, 113-119.
- Kim, M. J., Nam, E. S., & Paik, S. I. (2005). The effects of aromatherapy on pain, depression, and life satisfaction of arthritis patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(1), 186-194.
- Lam, P. (2000). How does Tai Chi improve health and rthritis? ( www.tachiproductions.com ).
- Lam, P. (2006). Teaching Tai Chi Effectively. Australia: Tai Chi Productions.
- Lan, C., Lai, J. S., Chen, S. Y., & Wong, M. K. (2000). Tai Chi Chuan to improve muscular strength and endurance in elderly individuals: A pilot study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 81(5), 604-607.
- Lee, E. H., Lee, K. S., So, A. Y., Choi, J. S., Lee, I. O., & Lee, J. D. (2007). Effect of self-help Tai Chi for arthritis on the quality of life, health perception, joint flexibility, grasping power, and balance. Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, 14(2), 127-136.
- Lee, E. N. (2005). Effects of a Tai-Chi program on pain, sleep disturbance, mood and fatigue in rheumatoid arthritis patients. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 12(1), 57-68.
- Lee, H, Y. (2005). Comparison of effects among Tai-Chi exercise, aquatic exercise, and self-help management program for patients with knee osteoarthritis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Lee, H. Y., & Suh, M. J. (2003). The effect of Tai-Chi for arthritis (TCA) program in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis patients. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(2), 188-202
- Paik, S. I., & Sohng, K, Y. (2003). The effect of selfmanagement course on pain, flexibility of lumbar spine, uncertainty and self-efficacy in patients with ankylosing spondylitis. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 10(2), 156-166.
- Park, Y. J., & Park, I. H. (2006). Effect of Tai Chi exercise on fatigue, stress, and quality of life in middle aged women. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 13(1), 20-30.
- Radloff, L. S. (1977). The CES-D scale; A self-report depression scale for research in the general popUlation. Applied Psychological Measurement, 1, 385-401.
- Shin, K. R. (2001). Depression among Korean women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31(3), 391-400.
- Sok, S. R., & Kim, K. B. (2007). Effects of muscle electric stimulation on chronic knee pain, activities of daily living, and living satisfaction for Korean elderly women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(3), 305-312.
- Song, R. Y., Lee, E. O., Lam, P., & Bae, S. C. (2003). Effects of Tai Chi exercise on pain, balance, muscle strength, and perceived difficulties in physical functioning in older women with osteoarthritis; A randomized clinical trial. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 30(9), 2039-2044.
- Song, R. Y., Lee, E. O., Lam, P., & Bae, S. C. (2007). Effects of sun-style Tai Chi exercise on arthritic symptoms, motivation and the performance of health behaviors in women with osteoarthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(2), 249-256.
- Song, R. Y., Lee, E. O., & Lee, I. O. (2002). Pre-test comparisons on physical symptoms, balance, muscle strength, physical functioning, and depression in women with osteoarthritis after 12-week Tai Chi exercise. Journal of Rheumatology Health, 9(1), 28-39.
- Cohen, S., Kamarck, T., & Mermelstein, R. (1983). A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 24(4), 385-396.
- Lee, K. Y., & Jeong, O. Y. (2006). The effect of Tai Chi movement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(2), 278-285.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Hwang, Ji-Yeon ; Jung, In-Chul ; Lee, Sang-Ryong 2011. "The Review for Studies of Aromatherapy, Relaxation Therapy and Exercise Therapy on Depression" 동의신경정신과학회지 = Journal of oriental neuropsychiatry, 22(4): 1~10
- Oh, Hye-Kyung ; Han, Young-In 2011. "Effects of Simulation-based Training on Stress and Self-efficacy in Nursing Students" 韓國學校保健學會誌 = The Journal of the Korean society of school health, 24(1): 33~40
- Choi, Eun Young ; Lee, Eun Hee ; Hyun, Hye Jin ; Byeon, Mi Kyeong 2015. "An Integrative Review of Depression Related to Intervention Studies for Women in Korea Journals" KJWHN : Korean journal of women health nursing, 21(4): 284~296
저자의 다른 논문
- 1992 "일부 도시주부들의 스트레스 생활사건 및 신체증상에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 22 (4): 569~588
- 1994 "도뇨환자의 유치기간별 요로감염상태에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 24 (3): 345~363
- 1994 "심호흡 방법에 따른 상복부 수술환자의 폐 환기능에 미치는 효과" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 1 (2): 129~147
- 1995 "부산시내 여자고등학교 학생의 결핵 관리" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 34 (1): 74~87
- 1996 "악성종양 환자의 통증 및 통증관리에 관한 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 3 (2): 299~316
- 1997 "한국 간호지식체의 생산과정과 담론분석적 전망" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (1): 61~70
- 1998 "FIM을 사용한 뇌졸중 환자의 퇴원시 기능상태 평가에 관한 연구" 재활간호학회지 = The Korean journal of rehabilitation nursing 1 (1): 73~82
- 1998 "에어로빅운동이 비만여대생의 신체조성, 심폐기능, 혈청지질 및 항산화물질에 미치는 영향" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 5 (1): 125~141
- 1999 "저체중아 출생과 관련된 산모의 특성 연구" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 5 (1): 80~95
- 1999 "만성 질환자의 대체요법 이용 실태 조사연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 6 (1): 96~113
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기