일 대학병원 중환자실의 억제대 사용실태
A Study on the Application of Physical Restraints in Intensive Care Units
Purpose: The purpose of this descriptive study was to investigate the application of physical restraints in ICUs of a university hospital. Method: Data were collected from August 1 to October 1 2009, using a recording tool from Electric Nursing Records and an observation tool for physical restraints and related factors. Frequency, percentage, and paired t-test with the SPSS/WIN 16.0 program were used to analyze the data. Results: The application rate for physical restraints in 5 ICUs was 34.3%, the highest application rate was 48.4% in the neurosurgical ICU. The mean frequency for physical restraint application per patient was 1.14, and the mean hours of restraint application per incident was 113.01 hours. The most common complications of physical restraints were bruising and edema. Conclusion: Many ICU nurses use physical restraints when caring for patients who are at high risk for falls, including patients have high levels of acuity, decreased level of consciousness or increased irritability. When physical restraints are applied, patients show resistance against the use resulting in side effects of bruising and edema. Therefore, nurses should observe changes in restrain sites, perform nursing interventions to prevent complications, and minimize the use of physical restraints.
- Akansel, N. (2007). Physical restraint practices among ICU nurses in one university hospital in western Turkey. Health Science Journal, 1(4), Retrieved November 30, 2009, fromhttp://www.hsj.gr/volumellissue4/turkey(o).pdf
- Cho, Y. A., Kim, J. S., Kim, N. R., Choi, H. J., Cho, J. G., Lee, H. J., et al. (2006). A Study on the use of physical restraints in ICDs. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 18(4), 543-552.
- Choi, E. H. (1999). A study on the use of physical restraint in an ICU. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Choi, E., & Song, M. (2003). Physical restraint use in Korean ICU. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 12(5), 651-659.
- Craven, R. F., & Hirnle, C. J.. (2008). Fundamentals of nursing. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Demir, A. (2007). Nurses' use of physical restraints in four Turkish hospitals. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 39(1), 38-45.
- Evans, D., & FitzGerald, M. (2002). Reasons for physically restraining patients and residents: a systematic review and content analysis. International Journal of Nursing Studies. 39(7). 735-743.
- Hamers, J. P., & Huizing, A. R. (2005). Why do we use physical restraints in the elderly. Zeitschrift fur Gerontologie und Geriatrie, 38(1), 19-25.
- Hamers, J. P., Meyer, G., Kopke, S., Lindenmann, R., Groven, R., & Huizing, A. R. (2009). Attitudes of dutch, german and swiss nursing staff towards physical restraint use in nursing home residents, a cross-sectional study. International Journal of Nursing studies, 46(2), 248-255.
- Health Care Financing Administration. (2001). Rules and regulation: Federal Register, 66(14), 7148-7164.
- Hospital Nurses Association. (2005). Fall prevention guideline and summary. Retrieved November 13, 2009, from http://www.khna.or.kr/bbs/datalresource/khna_Fcare.pdf
- Janeli, L. M., Stamps, D., & Delles, L. (2006). Physical restraint use: A nursing perspective. Journal of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses, 15(3). 163-167.
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). (2000). Automated comprehensive accreditation manual for behavioral health care. Oakbrook Terrace, IL: Author.
- Kim, J. S., & Oh, H. Y. (2006). Perceptions and attitude on use of physical restraints among caregivers in long term care facilities. Journal of Korea Gerontological Nursing, 26(2), 347-360.
- Kim, K. S., Kim, J. H., Lee, S. H., Cha, H. K., Shin, S. J., & Chi, S. A. (2000). The physical restraint use in hospital nursing situation. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 30(1), 60-71.
- Kim, S., Lee, Y., Kim, D., Kim, S. Y., Ahn, H. Y., & Yu, S. J. (2009). Perception, attitude, and knowledge about physical restraints among nursing personnel in long term care facilities. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 15(1), 62-71.
- Korean Neurological Association. (2007), Neurology, Seoul:Koonja.
- Korean Association of Critical Care Nurse. (2005). Development and application of serious patient classification. KACN publication resource room No.1, Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://www.kacn.or.kr/publicationlresource.php
- Lee, S. H. (2006). Useful characteristic evaluation of the serious case classification tool which it applies in ICU patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Lee, Y. G., Cho, Y. H., Kim, S. A., Kim, J. K., Kim, H. M., Kim, H. E., et al. (2003). The study on physical restraint use in intensive care unit, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Reserch, 8(2), 117-130.
- Lofgren, R. P., Macpherson, D. S., Granieri, R., Myllenbeck, S., & Sprafka, J. M. (1989). Mechanical restraints on the medical wards: Are protective devices safe? American Journal of Public Health, 79(6), 735-738.
- Minnick, A. F., Mion, L. C., Johnson, M. E., Catrambone, C., & Leipzig, R. (2007). Prevalence and variation of physical restraint use in acute care settings in the US. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 39(1), 30-37.
- Moore, K., & Haralambous, B. (2007). Barriers to reducing the use of restraints in residential elder care facilities. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 58(6), 532-540.
- Park, M. H. (1997). Study on the ICU nurses' intention to use restraints and related factors. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Park, M. H., & Lee, B. S. (1998). Study on the ICU nurses' intention to use restraints and related factors. Korean lournal of Health Policy and Administration, 8(2). 191-215.
- Parkes, J. (2002). A review of the literature on positional asphyxia as a possible cause of sudden death during restraint. British Journal of Forensic Practice, 4(1), 24-30.
- Sullivan-Marx, E. M. (2001). Achieving restraint-free care of acutely confused older adults. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 27(4), 56-61.
- Minnick, A. F., Mion, L. C., Leipzig, R., Lamb, K., & Palmer, R. M. (1998). Prevalence and patterns of physical restraint use in the acute care setting. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 28(11), 19-24.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Mun, Jung-Sook ; Lee, Gyeong-Nam ; Lee, Dong-Suk 2011. "Effect of a New Developed Physical Restraint to Reduce Skin Injury in Intensive Care Units" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 18(1): 28~36
- Yeun, Eun Ja ; An, Jeong Hwa ; Kim, Jung A ; Jeon, Mi Soon 2013. "Perceptions of Family Care-givers toward Use of Physical Restraints: An Application of Q-methodology" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 25(3): 344~355
- Ko, Sung-Hee ; Park, Euna ; Kim, Myung-Ae 2014. "The Typology of Gender Role Identity in Middle-aged Women using Q Methodology" 디지털융복합연구 = Journal of digital convergence, 12(6): 449~456
- Ha, So-Yeon ; Ha, Yi-Kyung ; Kim, Myung-Hee 2015. "Families' Perception and Attitude toward Applied Physical Restraints in General Neurological Wards" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 16(5): 3293~3302
저자의 다른 논문
- 1982 "간호교육에 대한 간호학생의 관심도 조사연구" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 21 (3): 59~74
- 1985 "이완술 사용이 수술후 동통 감소에 미치는 영향" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 15 (1): 76~96
- 1986 "이완술사용이 간호학생들의 첫 임상실습 직전 불안감소에 미치는 영향" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 16 (3): 123~130
- 1987 "동통관리-독자적인 간호중재법을 중심으로" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 26 (4): 19~25
- 1988 "이완술에 관한 연구논문의 비교분석" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 27 (2): 83~98
- 1992 "한국인의 이완(Relaxation) 개념에 관한 연구" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 31 (2): 70~85
- 1993 "한국인의 이완상상에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 23 (1): 29~41
- 1994 "피부자극이 혈액투석환자의 동정맥루 천자시 동통감소에 미치는 영향" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 33 (1): 37~51
- 1995 "통증 개념을 다룬 국내 간호 연구 분석" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 25 (1): 30~44
- 1995 "한국 4년제 대학 간호교육의 현황과 발전방안" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 1 (1): 17~23
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기