EA 담당조직의 역할과 EA 활용역량이 EA 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증적 연구
An Empirical Study on the Effects of the Role of EA Operating Unit and EA Utilization Capability on the EA Performance
Recently, many organizations are actively adopting Enterprise Architecture (EA) as a methodology to manage IT assets and build IT-based business system. However, most existing studies on EA have focused on the adoption stage of EA. Now the research concerning effective management and utilization of EA after adopting EA is keenly required. This study intended to empirically examine how the role of EA operating unit and the EA utilization capability of organizational members impact on EA performance at the post-adoption stage of EA. Based on Resource Based View (RBV), this study proposed the model and the hypotheses describing that the impact of the role of EA operating unit on EA performance is mediated by the EA utilization capability of organizational members. In order to test the hypotheses, the field survey whose respondents were seventy four Korean public agencies which have adopted EA was conducted by means of questionnaire. Data analysis was done with partial least square (PLS), which is a structural equation modeling (SEM) technique that uses a component-based approach to estimation. The results of the empirical analyses showed that the organizational operation ability of EA operating unit significantly influenced EA performance via the EA utilization capability of organizational members, but that EA education and training performed by EA operating unit did not. The results of this study provided a lot of theoretical and practical implications regarding EA management activities at the post-adoption stage of EA to enhance EA performance.
- 김형진, 양경식, 전성현, "국내 ITA/EA 도입 실태 및 활성화에 관한 연구", 한국IT서비스 학회지, 제5권, 제3호(2006), pp.63-82.
- 박병선, 양경식, 김현수, "성공적인 전사적 아키텍처 구축을 위한 위험요인에 관한 연구", 한국IT서비스학회지, 제5권, 제3호(2006), pp.1-23.
- 박승범, 이헌중, 신신애, 이태공, "성과지표기반의 ITA 효과측정 모델 연구", 정보기술아키텍처연구, 제1권, 제1호(2004), pp.53-62.
- 박현우, 박일규, 김상훈, "정보기술아키텍처 성숙도에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 실증적 연구 : 공공기관을 중심으로", 한국IT서비스학회지, 제8권, 제4호(2009), pp.57-73.
- 장윤희, 김종철, "EA 성과에 영향을 미치는 조직특성 요인들과 EA 담당조직의 역할에 관한 연구", 대한경영학회지, 제21권, 제4호 (2008), pp.1569-1593.
- 전성현, "활용 관점에서 본 EA 추진전략", 정보기술아키텍처연구, 제5권, 제2호(2008), pp.21-30.
- 최재원, 신숙원, 오부연, 강성민, "전사적 아키텍처의 효과적인 수립과 방안에 대한 사례연구", Entrue Journal of Information Technology, 제3권, 제2호(2004), pp.23-33.
- 한국정보사회진흥원, 국내 ITA 도입실태 분석에 대한 연구, 2005.
- 한국정보사회진흥원, EA 성숙도 모델 2.1, 2008.
- Adaptive Inc., The Road to Enterprise Architecture : There is nothing worth for but Christian Architecture and a boat, 2007.
- Barclay, D., C. A. Higgins, and R. L. Thompson, "The Partial Least Squares (PLS) Approach to Causal Modeling : Personal Computer Adoption and Use as an Illustration", Technology Studies, Vol.2, No.2(1995), pp.285-309.
- Barney, J. B. "Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage", Journal of Management, Vol.17, No.2(1991), pp.99-120.
- Baron, R.M. and D.A. Kenny, "The Moderator- Mediator Variable Distinction in Social Psychology Research : Conceptual, Strategic, and Statistical Considerations", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.51, No.6(1986), pp.1173-1182.
- Bernard, S., An Introduction to Enterprise Architecture, 2004.
- Bharadwaj, A., V. Sambamurthy, and R. W. Zmud, "IT capabilities : Theoretical perspectives and empirical operationalization", in Proc. 20th International Conf. Inform. Systems, Charlotte, NC, 1999, pp.378-385.
- Bharadwaj, A., V. Sambamurthy, and R. Zmud, Firm wide IT capability : An empirical examination of the construct and its links to performance, Working paper, Department of Decision and Information Analysis, Emory University, Atlanta, GA., 2002.
- Bharadwaj, A., "A resource-based perspective on information technology capability and firm performance : An empirical investigation", MIS Quarterly, Vol.24, No.1(2000), pp.169-196.
- Chin, W. W. and P. A. Todd, "On the Use, Usefulness, and Ease of Use of Structural Equation Modeling in MIS Research : A Note of Caution", MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, No.2(1995), pp.237-246.
- CIO Council, A Practical Guide to Federal Enterprise Architecture, 2001.
- Dehning, B. and T. Stratopoulos, "Determinants of a Sustainable Competitive Advantage Due to an IT-Enabled Strategy", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.12, No.1 (2003), pp.7-28.
- DeLone, W. H. and E. R. McLean, "The DeLone and McLean Model of Information Systems Success : a Ten-Year Update", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.19, No.4(2003), pp.9-30.
- EA Directions, Critical Success Factors for EA Effectiveness, 2007.
- Edwards, C., Agile Enterprise Architecture Disciplines, 2007.
- Ferguson, J. M. and R. A. Zawacki, "Service Quality : A Critical Success Factor for IS Organizations", Information Strategy : TheExecutive's Journal, Vol.9, No.2(1993), pp.24-30.
- Feeny, D. F. and Willcocks, L. P., "Core IS Capabilities for Exploiting Information Technology", Sloan Management Review, Vol.39, No.3(1998), pp.9-21.
- Fornell, C. and D. Larcker, "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement error", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.18, No.1(1981), pp. 116-142.
- Grant, R. M. "The Resource-based Theory of Competitive Advantage : Implications for Strategy Formulation", California Management Review, Vol.33, No.3(1991), pp.114-135.
- Hair, J. E. Jr., R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis Fifth Edition, Prentice-Hall International, Inc., 1998.
- Kettinger, W. and C. C. Lee, "Perceived Service Quality and User Satisfaction with the Information Services Functions", Decision Sciences, Vol.25, No.5/6(1994), pp.737-766.
- Makadok, R. "Toward a synthesis of the resource- based and dynamic-capability views of rent creation", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 22, No.5(2001), pp. 387-401.
- Mata, F. J., W. L. Fuerst, and J. B. Barney, "Information Technology and Sustained Competitive Advantage : A Resource-Based Analysis", MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, No.4(1995), pp.487-505.
- McKenney, J. L., D. C. Copeland, and R. O. Mason, "Waves of Change: Business Evolution through Information Technology", Harvard Business School Press, Boston., 1995.
- Open Group and Infosys, Enterprise Architecture is maturing: Finding from the Infosys Enterprise Architecture Survey 2007, 2007.
- Piccoli, G. and Ives, B., "IT-Dependent Strategic Initiatives and Sustained Competitive Advantage : A Review and Synthesis of The Literature", MIS Quarterly, Vol.29, No.4(2005), pp.747-776.
- Pitt, L. F., R. T. Watson, and C. B. Kavan, "Service Quality : a Measure of Information Systems Effectiveness", MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, No.2(1995), pp.173-187.
- Reich, B. H., and K. M. Nelson, "In Their Own Words: CIO Visions about the Future of In-House IT Organizations", DATABASE for the Advancement of Information Systems, Vol.34, No.4(2003), pp.28-44.
- Ross, J. W., C. M. Beath, and Goodhue, D. L., "Develop Long-Term Competitiveness Through IT Assets", Sloan Management Review, Vol.38, No.1(1996), pp.31-42.
- Sambamurthy, V., A. Bharadwaj, and V. Grover, "Shaping agility through digital options: Reconceptualizing the role of IT in contemporary firms", MIS Quarterly, Vol.27, No.2(2003), pp.237？263.
- Spewak, Steven, Enterprise Architecture Planning : Developing a Blueprints for Data, Applications and Technology, John wiley and sons, 1993.
- Tanja Ylimaki, "Potential Critical Success Factors For Enterprise Architecture", Journal of Enterprise Architestcure, November, 2006.
- Tanja Ylimaki, "Towards a Generic Evaluation Model for Enterprise Architecture", Journal of Enterprise Architestcure, 2007.
- Teece, D., Pisano, G., and Shuen, A. "Dynamic capabilities and strategic management", Strategic Management Journal, Vol.18, No.7(1997), pp.509- 533.
- Tippins, M. J. and R. S. Sohi, "IT competency and firm performance: Is organizational learning a missing link?", Strategic Management Journal, Vol.24, No.6(2003), pp.745？761.
- Wade, M. and Hulland, J., "The Resource- Based View and information Systems Research: Review, Extension, and Suggestions for Future Research", MIS Quarterly, Vol.28, No.1(2004), pp.107-142.
- Pavlou, P. A. and O. A. El Sawy, "From IT Leveraging Competence to Competitive Advantage in Turbulent Environments : The Case of New Product Development", Information Systems Research, Vol.17, No.3(2006), pp.198-227.
- Powell, T. C. and A. Dent-Micallef, "Information technology as competitive advantage : The role of human, business, and technology resources", Strategic Management Journal, Vol.18, No.5(1997), pp.375？405.
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기