가상커뮤니티에서의 구성원 소속감에 영향을 미치는 요인
Factors Affecting Members' Sense of Belonging in Virtual Community
Virtual Communities, which are formed on the Internet, are expected to serve the needs of members for e-collaboration, e-communication, information and knowledge sharing. The executives of organizations should consider virtual community as a new innovation or knowledge pool since members share knowledge. However, many virtual community have failed due to members' low willingness to engage and furthermore to share knowledge with other members. Thus, there is a need to understand and foster the determinants of members' sense of belonging behavior in virtual community. This study develops an integrated model designed to investigate and explain the relationships between contextual factors, personal perceptions of virtual community, usability, trust and sense of belonging in using a certain virtual community. Empirical data was collected from 201 and tested using structural equation modeling (SEM) to verify the fit of the hypothetical model. The results show that the perceived usability and community trust of members significantly influences sense of belonging in using the virtual community, and information quality, system quality, familiarity on the virtual community are significantly influence the usability but not reputation. And I confirmed that perceived shared vision and responsiveness play the role of determinants in making the member's trust, perceived risk influence the making community trust in directly. The results of the study can be used to identify the motivation underlying members' sense of belonging in a certain virtual community by investigating the impacts of contextual factors and personal perceptions on virtual community, the integrated model better explains behavior than other proposed models. This study might help executives of virtual communities and organizations to manage and promote these determinants of sense of belonging to stimulate members' willingness to engage the community and futhermore enhance their virtual community loyalty.
- 고일상, 최수정, "인터넷 쇼핑몰에서 신뢰와 친밀감이 고객충성도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연 구", 경영정보학연구, 제15권, 제3호(2005), pp.187-207.
- 고준, 김영걸, "온라인 커뮤니티 의식에 대한 개념적 틀과 연구시사점", Information Systems Review, 제3권, 제2호(2001), pp.325-335.
- 김상훈, 조승철, 가상커뮤니티 성과의 영향요인에 관한 연구, 한국전자거래학회지, 제11 권, 제2호(2006), pp.49-69.
- 문준연, 최지훈, "가상공동체 참여동기와 공동체의식, 충성도 및 구매의도간의 관계에 관한 연구", Information Systems Review, 제5권, 제2호(2003), pp.71-89.
- 배병렬, LISREL 구조방정식모델 : 이해, 활용 및 프로그래밍, 청람, 2006.
- 서건수, "인터넷 커뮤니티의 특성과 개인특성이 사용자 충성도에 미치는 영향," 경영정보학연구, 제13권, 제2호(2003), pp.1-21.
- 이경렬, "댓글의 이용동기와 충족도가 온라인 커뮤니티 충성도에 미치는 영향과 과정에 대 한 구조적 차원의 연구 : 상호작용성과 커뮤니티 몰입의 매개변인을 중심으로", 커뮤니케이션학 연구, 제16권, 제2호(2008), pp.77-99.
- 이국용, "가상커뮤니티 지각특성이 이용자 만족과 몰입행동에 미치는 영향", 경영연구, 제 20권, 제2호(2005), pp.47-71.
- 이국용, 형성우, 박경수, "웹 사이트의 계속적 이용에 있어 신뢰와 태도의 매개효과 연구", 한국경영과학회지, 제30권, 제2호(2005), pp.81-104.
- 이상건, 강민철, 리건우, 김성홍, 곽수환, "유비 쿼터스 서비스의 이전도입과 이후 도입 간의 도입경로분석에 관한 연구", 대한경영학회지, 제20권, 제1호(2007), pp.289-310.
- Alexander, G., "Information-based tools for building community and sustainability," Futures, Vol.32, No.3-4(2000), pp.317-337.
- Ardito, C., M.F. Costabile, M. Marsico, R. Lanzilotti, S. Levialdi, T. Roselli, and V. Rossano, "An approach to usability evaluation of e-learning applications," Universal Access In the Information Society, Vol.4, No.3(2006), pp.270-283.
- Armstrong, A. and J. Hagel III, "The Real Value of on Line Communities," Harvard Business Review, (May-June 1996), pp.134-141.
- Bauer, H.H., M. Grether and M. Leach, "Building Customer Relations over the Internet," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.31 (2002), pp.155-163.
- Baym, N.K., The Emergence of Community in Computer-Mediated Communication, Ed. Steven G. Jones. Thousand Oaks : Sage Publications, Inc., 1995.
- Benjamin, R., Cyber Communities : Better than Being There?, Blueprint to the Digital Economy : Creating Wealth in the Era of e-Business. Ed., 1998.
- Benbunan-Fich, R., "Using Protocol Analysis to Evaluate the Usability of a Commercial Web Site," Information and Management, Vol.39, No.2(2001), pp.151-163.
- Blanchard, A.L., "Developing a sense of virtual community measure," CyperPsychology and Behavior, Vol.10, No.6(2007), pp.827-830.
- Blanchard, A.L., "Testing a Model of Sense of Virtual Community," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.24(2008a), pp.2107-2123.
- Blanchard, A.L., "The definition, antecedents and outcomes of successful virtual communities". In N. Kock (Ed.) The Encyclopedia of e-Collaboration, 2008b.
- Blanchard, A.L. and M.L. Markus, "Sense of virtual community-maintaining the experience of Belonging," Proceedings of 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Science, 2002.
- Blanchard, A.L. and M.L. Markus, "The experienced sense of virtual community : characteristics and processes," The DATA BASE for Advances in Information Systems, Vol.35, Winter(2004), pp.65-79.
- Byrne, B.M., Structural Equation Modeling with AMOS-Basic Concepts, Applications, and Programming, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Mathah, New Jersey., 2001.
- Casalo, L., C. Flavian, and M. Guinaliu, "The role of perceived usability, reputation, satisfaction and consumer familiarity on the website loyalty formation process," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.24(2008), pp. 325-345.
- Chen, R.S. and C.H. Hsiang, "A study on the critical success factors for corporations embarking on knowledge community-based elearning," Information Sciences, Vol.177(2007), pp.570-586.
- Chipuer, H.M. and G.M.H. Pretty, "A review of the sense of community index : current uses, factor structure, reliability, and further development," Journal of Community Psychology, Vol.27, No.6(1999), pp.643-658.
- Cohen, D. and L. Prusak, In Good Company : How Social Capital Makes Organizations Work, Harvard Business School Press, Boston, MA., 2001.
- Chowdhury, S., "The role of affect-and cognition- based trust in complex knowledge sharing," Journal of Managerial Issues, Vol. 17, No.3(2005), pp.310-326.
- Davidson, W. and P. Cotter, "The Relationship Between Sense of Community and Subjective Well-Being : A First Look," Journal of Community Psychology, Vol.18(1991), pp. 246-253.
- Dawson, S., "A study of the relationship between student communication interaction and sense of community," Internet and Higher Education, Vol.9(2006), pp.153-162.
- DeLone, W.H. and E.R. McLean, "Information system success : the quest for the dependent variable," Information Systems Research, Vol.3, No.1(1992), pp.60-95.
- DeLone, W.H. and E.R. McLean, "The De- Lone and McLean model of information systems success : a ten-year update," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol.19, No.4(2003), pp.9-30.
- Falk, R.A., On humane governance : toward a new global politics Polity, Cambridge, 1995.
- Farrior J., S. Hecker, P. Judy, A. Kelly, S. Lawrence, and B. Morrison, Online Communities, White Paper, Kellogg Gradurate School of Management, 1999.
- Farrior J., S. Hecker, P. Judy, A. Kelly, S. Lawrence, and B. Morrison, Online Communities, White Paper, Kellogg Gradurate School of Management, (http://www.mohansawhney. com/registered/content/whitepapers/web communities.pdf), 2000.
- Figallo, C., Internet World : Hosting Web Communities, New York : John Wiley and Sons, 1998.
- Flavian, C., M. Guinaliu, and R. Gurrea, "The influence of familiarity and usability on loyalty to online journalistic services : The role of user experience," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.13(2006a), pp.363-375.
- Flavian, C., M. Guinaliu, and R. Gurrea, "The Role Played by Perceived Usability, Satisfaction and Consumer Trust on Website Loyalty," Information and Management, Vol.43, No.1(2006b), pp.1-14.
- Gefen, D., "E-commerce : The Role of Familiarity and Trust," Omega, Vol.28, No.2(2000), pp.725-737.
- Hair, J.F., R.E. Anderson, R.L. Tatham, and W.C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis, 5th ed., Prentice-Hall, 2006.
- Hagel III, J. and A. Armstrong, Net Gain ; Expanding Markets Through Virtual Communities, Boston : Harvard Business School Press, 1997.
- Hagerty, B.M., R.A. Williams, J.C. Coyne, M.R. Early, "Sense of belonging and indicators of social and psychological functioning Archives of Psychiatric Nursing," Vol.10, No. 4(1996), pp.235-244.
- Hornbaek, K., "Current practice in measuring usability : Challenges to usability studies and research," International Journal of Human- Computer Studies, Vol.64, No.2(2006), pp.79-102.
- Hsu, M.H., T.L. Ju, C.H. Yen, and C.M. Chang, "Knowledge sharing behavior in virtual communities : The relationship between trust, selfefficacy, and outcome expectations," International journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.65(2007), pp.153-169.
- Igbaria, M., "The Driving Forces in the Virtual Society," Communications of the ACM, Vol.42, No.12(1999), pp.64-70.
- ISO, Ergonomic requirements for office work with visual display terminals (VDTs)-Part 11 : guidance on usability, Part 11 : guidance on usability, ISO 9241-11, 1998.
- Janda, S., P.J. Trocchia, K.P. Gwinner, "Consumer Perceptions of Internet Retail Service Quality," International Journal of Service Industry Management, Vol.13, No.5(2002), pp. 412-431.
- Jarvenpaa, S.L., J. Tractinsky and M. Vitale, "Consumer Trust in an Internet Store," Information Technology and Management, Vol. 1, No.1/2(2000), pp.45-71.
- Johnson, C.M., "A survey of current research on online communities of practice," Internet and Higher Education, Vol.4, No.1(2001), pp. 45-60.
- Kim, A.J., Community Building on the Web, Berkeley : Peachpit Press, 2000.
- Koh, J. and Y.G. Kim, "Sense of Virtual Community : A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Validation," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.8, No.2(2004a), pp.75-93.
- Koh, J. and Y.G. Kim, "Knowledge sharing in virtual communities : an e-business perspective," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.26, No.2(2004b), pp.155-166.
- Koh, J., Y.G. Kim, B. Butler, and G.W. Bock, "Encouraging participation in virtual communities," Communication of ACM, Vol.50, No.2(2007), pp.69-73.
- Kramer, R., "Trust and distrust in organizations : emerging perspectives, enduring questions," Annual Review of Psychology, Vol.50(1999), pp.569-598.
- Lee, H. and B. Choi, "Knowledge management enablers, processes, and organizational performance, An integrative view and empirical examination," Journal of Management Information System, Vol.20, No.1(2003), pp. 179-228.
- Lee, M. and E. Turban, "A Trust Model for Consumer Internet Shopping," International Journal of Electronic commerce, Vol.6, No.1 (2001), pp.75-91.
- Liang, T.P. and H.J. Lai, "Effect of Store Design on Comsumer Purchase : An Empirical Study of Online-Bookstores," Information and Management, Vol.39(2002), pp.431-444.
- Liang, T.P. and J.S. Huang, "An Empirical Study on Consumer Acceptance of Products in Electronic Markets : a Transaction Cost Model," Decision Support Systems, Vol.24 (1998), pp.29-43.
- Liao, Z. and M.T. Cheung, "Internet-based e-Shopping and Consumer Attitudes : an Empirical Study," Information and Management, Vol.38(2001), pp.299-306.
- Lin, H.F., "Understanding behavioral intention to participate in virtual communities," CyberPsychology and Behavior, Vol.9, No.5 (2006), pp.540-547.
- Lin, H.F., "Determinants of successful virtual communities : Contributions from system characteristics and social factors," Information and Management, Vol. 45(2008a), pp.522-527.
- Lin, H.F., "Antecedents of Virtual Community Satisfaction and Loyalty : An Empirical Test of Computing Theories," Cyber Psychology and Behavior, Vol.11, No.2(2008b), pp. 138-144.
- Lin, F.R., S.C. Lin and T.P. Huang, "Knowledge sharing and creation in a teachers' professional virtual community," Computers and Education, Vol.50(2008), pp.742-756.
- Lin, M.J., S.W. Hung, and C.J. Chen, "Fostering the Determinants of Knowledge Sharing in Professional Virtual Communities," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25(2009), pp.929-939.
- Liu, C. and K.P. Arnett, "Exploring the Factors Associated with Web site Success in the context of Electronic Commerce," Information and Management, Vol.38(2000), pp. 23-22.
- Lucas, L.M., "The impact of trust and reputation on the transfer of best practices," Journal of Knowledge Management, Vol.9, No.4 (2005), pp.87-101.
- McMillan, D.W., Sense of community : An attempt at definition, Unpublished manuscript, George Peabody College for Teachers, Nashville, TN, 1976.
- McMillian, D.W. and D.M. Chavis, "Sense of Community : A Definition and Theory," Journal of Community Psychology, Vol.14(1986), pp.6-23.
- McKnight, D.H., V. Choudhury and C. Kacmar, "Developing Validation Trust Measures for e-Commerce : An Integrative Typology," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, No.3 (2002a), pp.334-359.
- McKnight, D.H., V. Choudhury and C. Kacmar, "The impact of initial consumer trust on intentions to transact with a web site : a trust building model," Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.11(2002b), pp.297-323.
- McWilliam, G., "Building Stronger Brands through Online Communities," Sloan Management Review, Vol.41, No.3(2000), pp.43-54.
- Nagy, P., C.E. Kahn, W. Boonn, K. Siddiqui, C. Meenan, N. Knight, and N. Safdar, "Building Virtual Communities of Practice," Journal of American College of Radiology, Vol.3, No.9(2006) pp.716-720.
- Palmer, J.W., "Web Site Usability, Design, and Performance Metrics," Information Systems Research, Vol.13, No.2(2002), pp.151-167.
- Pavlou, P.A., "Consumer Acceptance of Electronic Commerce-Integrating Trust and Risk, with the Technology Acceptance Model," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.7, No.3(2003), pp.69-103.
- Pavlou, P.A. and D. Gefen, "Building Effective Online Marketplaces with Institution- Based Trust," Information Systems Research, Vol.15, No.1(2004), pp.37-59.
- Porter, C.E. and N. Donthu, "Cultivating Trust and Harvesting Value in Virtual Communities," Management Science, Vol.54, No.1(2008), pp.113-128.
- Preece, J., "Sociability and usability in online communities : determining and measuring success," Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol.20, No.5(2001), pp.347-356.
- Rheingold, H., The Virtual Community : Homestanding In The Electronic Frontier, New York : Harper Collins, 1993.
- Ridings, C.M., D. Gefen, and B. Arinze, "Some Antecedents and Effects of Trust in Virtual Communities," The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol.11, No.3/4(2002), pp. 271-295.
- Roberts, T.L., "Are newsgroups virtual communities?," Proceedings of CHI 98 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, (1998), pp.360-367.
- Rovai, A.P., "Building Sense of Community at a Distance," International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, Vol. 3, No.1(2002a), Available at : http://www.ir rodl.org/content/v3.1/rovai.html.
- Rovai, A.P., "A Preliminary Look at the Structural Differences of Higher Education Classroom Communities in Traditional and ALN Courses," Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, Vol.6, No.1(2002b), Available at : http://www.aln.org/publications/jaln/ v6n1/v6n1_rovai.asp.
- Shackel, B., "Usability, context, framework, definition, design and evaluation," In : Shackel, B., Richardson, S. (Eds.), Human Factors for Informatics Usability, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, (1991), pp.21-38.
- Sultan, F., G.L. Urban, V. Shankar, and I. Bart, "Determinants and Consequences of Trust in e-Business," Working Paper, Sloan School of Management, MIT, 2002, Cambridge, MA 02142.
- Teo, H.H., H.C. Chan, K.K. Wei, and Z. Zhang, "Evaluating information accessibility and community adaptivity features for sustaining virtual learning communities," International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, Vol.59, No.5(2003), pp.671-697.
- Teo, T.S.H. and J. Liu, "Consumer trust in e-commerce in the United States, Singapore and China," Omega, Vol.35(2007), pp.22-38.
- Tsai, W. and S. Ghoshal, "Social capital and value creation : an empirical study of intrafirm networks," Academy of Management Journal, Vol.41, No.4(1998), pp.464-476.
- Whitener, E.M., "Do high commitment human resource practices affect employee commitment? A cross-level analysis using hierarchical linear modeling," Journal of Management, Vol.27, No.5(2001), pp.515-535.
- Wilkinson, C., O. Lindeen, H. Cesar, G. Hodgson, J. Rubens and A.E. Strong, "Ecological and socioeconomic impacts of 1998 coral mortality in the Indian Ocean : an ENSO impact and a warning of future change?," Ambio, Vol.28(1999), pp.188-196.
- Williams, M., "In whom we trust : Group membership as an affective context for trust development," Academy of Management Review, Vol.26, No.3(2001), pp.377-397.
- Williams, R.L. and J. Cothnel, "Four Smart Ways to Run Online Communities," Sloan Management Review, Vol.41, No.4(2000), pp. 81-91.
- Wu, J.J. and Y.S. Chang, "Effect of Transaction Trust on E-Commerce Relationships Between Travel Agencies," Tourism Management, Vol.27(2005), pp.1253-1261.
- Wu, J.H. and S.C. Wang, "What drives mobile commerce?," Information and Management, Vol.42, No.5(2005), pp.719-729.
- Chavis, D.M., J. Hogge, D. McMillan and A. Wandersman, "Sense of community through Brunswick's lens : A first look," Journal of Community Psychology, Vol.14(1986), pp.24-40.
- Chiu, C.M., M.H. Hsu, and E.T.G. Wang, "Understanding Knowledge Sharing in Virtual Communities : Am Integrating of Social Capital and Social Cognitive Theories," Decision Support Systems, Vol.42(2006), pp. 1872-1888.
- 박성연, 유승현, "온라인 커뮤니티에서의 공동 체 의식이 웹 사이트 충성도와 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구", 경영학연구, 제32 권, 제6호(2003), pp.1695-1713.
- Abrams, L.C., R. Cross, E. Lesser, and D.Z. Levin, "Nurturing interpersonal trust in knowledge- sharing networks," Academy of Management Executive, Vol.17, No.4(2003), pp.64-77.
- Lim, N., "Consumers' Perceived Risk : Sources versus Consequences," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.2(2003), pp.216-228.
- Ranganathan, C. and S. Ganapathy, "Key Dimensions of Business to Consumer Web Sites," Information and Management, Vol.39 (2002), pp.457-465.
- Tinto, V., Leaving college : Rethinking the causes and cures of student attrition, 2nd ed., Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1993.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Yoon, Young-Sun ; Lee, Kook-Yong 2010. "The Impact of Users' Satisfaction and Habits in Customer Loyalty to Continue the Mobile Social Network Service" 한국전자거래학회지 = The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, 15(4): 123~142
- Chen, Xinyan ; Kim, Minsung ; Kang, Daeseok ; Suh, Woojong 2015. "A Study on the Impact of the SNS-Based Virtual Brand Community Identity on Brand Loyalty" Journal of information technology applications & management = 한국데이타베이스학회지, 22(4): 181~203
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "상업적 웹사이트 재방문 영향요인에 관한 연구" Journal of information technology applications & management = 한국데이타베이스학회지 11 (1): 137~159
- 2006 "무선인터넷 서비스 이용 의도와 몰입에 영향을 미치는 요인" 통상정보연구 = International commerce and information review 8 (2): 3~35
- 2009 "지식공유 목적의 가상 커뮤니티 운영전략에 관한 연구" 한국전자거래학회지 = The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies 14 (4): 95~118
- 2010 "온라인 상품검색사이트의 이용후기 특성과 친숙성이 충성도에 미치는 영향" 한국전자거래학회지 = The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies 15 (1): 17~37
- 2010 "조직 구성원의 지식공유 활동에 영향을 미치는 요인" Information Systems Review 12 (1): 81~105
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기