Study on the Surface Modification of PBO Fiber under Dielectric Barrier Discharge Treatment
In order to improve the interfacial adhesion property between Poly(p-phenylene benzobisoxazole) (PBO) fiber and epoxy, the surface modification effects of PBO fiber under dielectric barrier discharge treatments in different time were investigated. The samples were tested for surface morphology, functional groups, surface wettability and interfacial shear strengths (IFSS) in epoxy using scanning electron microscope, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, water contact angle measurements and Micro-bond pull out tests, respectively. The results indicated that fiber surface morphology after plasma treatment was rougher than untreated one. Some polar groups were introduced on fiber surface in plasma treatment. Moreover, surface wettability and the IFSS between fiber and epoxy had much improvement after plasma treatment, the contact angle decreased with the treatment time increasing and reached the lowest value when the treated time was 60 s, and the IFSS was improved by 117.3 %. On the other hand, no significant difference in single fiber tensile test was observed between treated and untreated fibers when the processing time was shorter than 75 s, but the tensile strength declined by more than 10 % after 75 s treatment as a result of the excessive plasma etching.
- Y. H. So, Prog. Polym. Sci., 25, 137 (2000).
- T. Kitagawa, K. Yabuki, and R. J. Young, Polymer, 42, 2101 (2001).
- R. J. Young, R. J. Day, and M. Zakikhani, J. Mater. Sci., 25, 127 (1990).
- F. Larsson and L. Svensson, Compos. Part A, 33, 221 (2002).
- D. D. Liu, J. Hu, Y. M. Zhao, X. S. Zhao, P. Ning, and Y. Wang, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 102, 1428 (2006).
- A. Schutze, J. Y. Jeong, S. E. Babayan, J. Park, G. S. Selwyn, and R. F. Hicks, IEEE T. Plasma Sci., 26, 1685 (1998).
- C. Tendero, C. Tixier, P. Tristant, J. Desmaison, and P. Leprince, Spectrochimica Acta Part B, 61, 2 (2006).
- Y. Ren, C. X. Wang, and Y. P. Qiu, Appl. Surf. Sci., 253, 9283 (2007).
- L. Zhu, W. H. Teng, H. L. Xu, Y. Liu, Q. R. Jiang, C. X. Wang, and Y. P. Qiu, Surf. Coat. Tech., 202, 1966 (2008).
- L. Zhu, C. X. Wang, and Y. P. Qiu, Surf. Coat. Tech., 201, 7453 (2007).
- Y. Ren, C. X. Wang, and Y. P. Qiu, Surf. Coat. Tech., 202, 2670 (2008).
- C. X. Wang and Y. P. Qiu, Surf. Coat. Tech., 201, 6273 (2007).
- G. M. Wu, Mater. Chem. Phys., 85, 81 (2004).
- J. M. Park, D. S. Kim, and S. R. Kim, J. Colloid Interf. Sci., 264, 431 (2003).
- E. Mader, S. Melcher, J. W. Liu, S. L. Gao, A. D. Bianchi, S. Zherlitsyn, and J. Wosnitza, J. Mater. Sci., 42, 8047 (2007).
- C. S. Zhang, P. Chen, B. Sun, W. Li, B. C. Wang, and J. Wang, Appl. Surf. Sci., 254, 5776 (2008).
- L. C. V. Wielen, T. Elder, and A. J. Ragauskas, Cellulose, 12, 185 (2005).
- D. Hull and T. W. Clyne, "An Introduction to Composite Materials", 2nd ed., pp.133-155, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1996.
- Y. Ren, Ph. D. Dissertation, DHU, Shanghai, 2008.
- G. Hancock, Surf. Coat. Tech., 74-75, 10 (1995).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2012. "" Fibers and polymers, 13(10): 1249~1253
- 2012. "" Fibers and polymers, 13(8): 979~984
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기