Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) Nanofibers by Electrospinning Technique as Future Energy Server Materials
Gallium arsenide (GaAs) does have superior electronic properties compared with silicon. For instant, it has a higher saturated electron velocity and higher electron mobility. Weak mechanical properties and high production cost are the main drawbacks of this interesting semiconductor. In this study, we are introducing production of GaAs nanofibers by electrospinning methodology as a very low cost and yielding distinct product technique. In general, nano-fibrous shape is strongly improving the physical properties due to the high surface area to volume ratio of this nanostructure. The mechanical and environmental properties of the GaAs compound have been modified since GaAs nanofibers have been produced as a core inside a poly(vinyl alcohol) (PVA) shell. GaAs/PVA nanofibers were prepared by electrospinning of gallium nitrate/PVA solution in presence of arsenic vapor. The whole process was carried out in a closed hood equipped with nitrogen environment. FT-IR, XPS, TGA and UV-Vis spectroscopy analyses were utilized to confirm formation of GaAs compound. Transmission electron microscope (TEM) analysis has revealed that the synthesized GaAs compound is crystalline and does have nano-fibrous shape as a core inside PVA nanofibers. To precisely recommend the prepared GaAs nanofiber mats to be utilized in different applications, we have measured the electric conductivity and the band gap energies of the prepared nanofiber mats. Overall, the obtained results affirmed that the proposed strategy successfully remedied the drawbacks of the reported GaAs structures and did not affect the main physical properties of this important semiconductor.
- S. Gunes and N. S. Sariciftci, Inorg. Chim. Acta., 361, 581 (2008).
- F. Jabeen, S. Rubini, and F. Martelli, Microelectron J., 40, 442 (2009).
- J. H. Park, A. A. Khandekar, S. M. Park, L. J. Mawst, T. F. Kuech, and P. F. Nealey, J. Cryst. Growth, 297, 283 (2006).
- A. A. Lalayan, Appl. Surf. Sci., 248, 209 (2005).
- A. Marti, E. Antolin, E. Canovas, N. Lopez, P. G. Linares, A. Luque, C. R. Stanley, and C. D. Farmer, Thin Solid Films, 516, 6716 (2008).
- W. Allan and W. H. Robert, J. Electron. Mater., 27, 281 (1998).
- K. Fujihara, A. Kumar, R. Jose, S. Ramakrishna, and S. Uchida, Nanotechnology, 18, 1 (2007).
- M. C. Neves, L. M. Liz-Marzan, and T. Trindade, J. Colloid. Interface Sci., 264, 391 (2003).
- F. A. Sheikh, N. A. M. Barakat, M. A. Kanjwal, S. H. Jeon, H. S. Kang, and H. Y. Kim, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 115, 3189 (2010).
- D. H. Reneker and A. L. Yarin, Polymer, 49, 2387 (2008).
- B. Ding, C. K. Kim, H. Y. Kim, M. K. Seo, and S. J. Park, Fiber. Polym., 5, 105 (2004).
- J. S. Blakemore, J. Appl. Phys, 53, 123 (1982).
- O. V. Salata, P. J. Dobson, P. J. Hull, and J. L. Hutchison, Appl. Phys. Lett., 65, 189 (1994).
- V. Berbenni, C. Milanese, G. Bruni, and A. Marini, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim., 82, 401 (2005).
- D. Briggs and M. P. Seah, "Practical Surface Analysis", 2nd ed., Vol. 1, John Willey & Sons, 1993.
- K. S. Suh, J. L. Lee, H. H. Park, C. H. Kim, J. Lee, and K. S. Nam, Mater. Sci. Eng. B, 37, 172 (1996).
- F. Gu, S. F. Wang, M. K. Lu, G. J. Zhou, D. Xu, and D. R. Yuan, J. Phys. Chem. B, 108, 8119 (2004).
- F. Gu, S. F. Wang, M. K. Lu, X. F. Cheng, S. W. Liu, G. J. Zhou, D. Xu, and D. R. Yuan, J. Cryst. Growth, 262, 182 (2004).
- R. Xu and H. C. Zeng, Langmuir, 20, 9780 (2004).
- N. A. M. Barakat, M. S. Khil, F. A. Sheikh, and H. Y. Kim, J. Phys. Chem. C, 112, 12225 (2008).
- M. A. Kanjwal, N. A. M. Barakat, F. A. Sheikh, and H. Y. Kim, Mater. Sci., 45, 1272 (2010).
- M. P. Dare-Edwards, A. H. Goodenough, A. Hammett, and P. R. Trevellick, J. Chem. Soc., Faraday Trans, 9, 2027 (1983).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Fibers and polymers, 12(1): 50~56
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기