A Study of the Effectiveness of Post-treatment after Hair Straightening Process
In order to minimise the hair damage due to hair straightening process, post-treatment is recommended to protect the damaged hair from further depreciation and breakage. However, few reported quantitatively about the effectiveness of post-treatment after hair straightening process. Therefore, the aim of this paper will investigate the effectiveness of posttreatment methods for chemically straightened hairs. The effectiveness will be evaluated through different analytical methods such as scanning electron microscopy (SEM), diffuse reflectance spectrophotometry, tensile strength test and urea bisulphite solubility test for the properties related to morphological structure, hair colour change, tensile strength as well as chemical damage respectively. From the findings of the instrumental results, it was obvious that the application of post-treatments would improve the lustre of the damaged hair by giving higher value in lightness when compared with the raw hair control sample. Furthermore, the strength property of the post-treated hair increased when compared with the chemically straightened hair. This was due to the fact that the film-forming agents of conditioning products formed a protective layer and smooth surface on the fibre surface.
- S. Harrison and R. Sinclair, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 2, 180 (2004).
- C. W. M. Yuen, C. W. Kan, and S. Y. Cheng, Fiber. Polym., 8, 414 (2007).
- D. David, Global Cosmetic Industry, 169, 31 (2001).
- A. C. S. Nogueira and I. Joekes, J. Photochem. Photobiol. B, 74, 109 (2004).
- S. Y. Cheng, C. W. M. Yuen, C. W. Kan, and K. K. L. Cheuk, Fiber. Polym., 9, 341 (2008).
- C. W. M. Yuen, C. W. Kan, S. Y. Cheng, and P. Y. Lau, Fiber. Polym. (submitted).
- R. A. Lodge and B. Bhushan, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 102, 5255 (2006).
- E. Hoting, M. Zimmermann, and S. Hiterhaus-Bong, J. Soc. Cosmetic Chem., 46, 85 (1995).
- S. Ratnapandian, S. B. Warner, and Y. K. Kamath, J. Cosmetic Sci., 49, 309 (1998).
- D. S. Dias, T. Cristina, and B. A. Rolim, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 6, 2 (2007).
- K. Schafer, J. Fohles, and H. Hocker, Melliand Textilberichte, 3, 225 (1993).
- K. Stewart, P. L. Spedding, and D. M. Lewis, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 66, 2365 (1997).
- C. Bolduc and J. Shapiro, J. Clinics in Dermatology, 19, 431 (2001).
- U. Schumacher-Hamedat, J. Fohles, and H. Zhan, "Proceedings of 7th International Wool Textile Research Conference", Vol. 4, p.120, 1985.
- R. A. Lodge and B. Bhusan, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 102, 5255 (2006).
- C. Scanavez, M. Silveira, and I. Joekes, Colloids Surf. B, 28, 39 (2003).
- B. Bhusan, G. Wei, and P. Hadda, Wear, 259, 1012 (2005).
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기