Stab-resistant Property of the Fabrics Woven with the Aramid/Cotton Core-spun Yarns
Aramid fibers are mainly used for industrial applications and human body protection against ballistic threats. But they are used mostly in forms of composites. And fabrics woven with a high yarn count offer a moderate protection performance against the knife stabbing due to the low shear strength. This research is focused on investigating the effect of the aramid core-spun yarns on the stab resistance of the woven fabrics. With the aramid core-spun yarns with core to sheath weight ratio of 1 to 2.5 the armor specimens having different fabric densities were prepared and the knife edge impact test was conducted. On the impact energy of the knife at the level 1 according to the NIJ standard, the drop tower test results demonstrated that fabric density of the armor specimens affected the stab resistance significantly. The penetration depth of the impactor through the armor specimens was associated with the thickness and mass of the armor sample in different ways. Being the stab resistance introduced by considering the penetration depth of the impactor via thickness and weight per surface area, the effects of the fabric conditions on the anti-stabbing property could be systematically analyzed and turned out that there was an optimal level of the fabric density, showing the most effective stab resistance.
- B. Anctil, M. Keown, D. Bourget, G. Pageau, M. Bolduc, and N. Shewchenko, Proceedings of the Joint RTO AVT/ HFM Specialists Meeting on ''Equipment for Personal Protection (AVT-097) and Personal Protection: Biomechanical Issues and Associated Physio-pathological Risks (HFM-102)", Koblenz, Germany, May 19-23, 2003.
- R. Gadow and K. von Niessen, "Proceedings of the Ceramic Armor and Armor Systems Symposium Held at the 105th Annual Meeting of the American Ceramic Society", Nashville, TN, 2003.
- X. Flambard and J. Polo, J. Adv. Mater., 36, 30 (2004).
- J. Ankerson, A. E. Birkbeck, R. D. Thomson, and P. Vanezis, "Proceedings of SAMPE 2007", Baltimore, MD, June 3-7, 2007.
- S. J. Russell, A. Pourmohammadi, I. Ezra, and M. Jacobs, Comp. Sci. Technol., 65, 899 (2005).
- B. Thi, N. Vu, T. Vu-Khanh, and J. Lara, J. Thermoplast. Compos. Mater., 18, 23 (2005).
- K. Cho and D. Lee, J. Polym. Sci., Part B, Polym. Phys., 36, 1283 (1998).
- A. N. Gent and C. Wang, J. Polym. Sci., Part B, Polym. Phys., 34, 2231 (1996).
- J. Lara, D. Turcot, R. Daigle, and J. Boutin, ASTM Special Technical Publication, 1237, 23 (1996).
- J. Lara, D. Turcot, R. Daigle, and F. Payot, ASTM Special Technical Publication, 1237, 32 (1996).
- National Institute of Justice, "Stab Resistance of Personal Body Armor NIJ Standard-0115.00".
- I. Horsfall, C. Watson, S. Champion, P. Prosser, and T. Ringrose, Appl. Ergon., 36, 505 (2005).
- E. K. J. Chadwick, A. C. Nicol, J. V. Lane, and T. G. F. Gray, Forensic Sci. Int., 105, 35 (1999).
- I. Horsfall, P. D. Prosser, C. H. Watson, and S. M. Champion, Forensic Sci. Int., 102, 79 (1999).
- C. T. Nguyen, T. Vu-Khanh, and J. Lara, Theor. Appl. Fract. Mech., 42, 25 (2004).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Fibers and polymers, 12(6): 808~815
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기