Integrated Graphical Presentation of Fabric Sound and Mechanical Properties
This paper proposes a new model capable of predicting frictional sounds of woven fabrics, knitted fabrics and vapor permeable water repellent fabrics by measuring the relationships between their sound parameters and mechanical properties. We conducted an experiment in which fabric frictional sounds were recorded and analyzed. A total of 217 specimens consisting of woven fabrics, knitted fabrics, and vapor permeable water repellent fabrics were sampled, and their frictional sounds recorded using a Sound Quality System. Sound parameters of fabrics including SPL (Sound Pressure Level), Loudness (Z), Sharpness (Z), and mechanical properties by Kawabata Evaluation System (KES) were obtained. The relation between sound parameters and mechanical properties were analyzed by multiple regressions. Specimens were divided into 3 clusters using mechanical properties selected by stepwise selection method, and the mechanical properties of each cluster were investigated. Specimens were classified into clusters having high level of SPL and Loudness (Z), high level of Sharpness (Z), and middle level of Loudness (Z) and Sharpness (Z), which means that sound parameters are well verified by mechanical properties of the specimens. Mechanical properties relevant to each sound parameter were mapped on two dimensional spaces by integrated graphical presentation. SPL showed high positive correlation coefficients with MMD and LT. Loudness (Z) was well predicted by 2HG5 and Sharpness (Z) by MIU.
- C. Kim and G. Cho, Korean J. Sci. Emotion and Sensibility, 9, 133 (2006).
- J. Cho, E. Yi, and G. Cho, Text. Res. J., 71, 1068 (2001).
- K. Choi, C. Kim, and G. Cho, Korean J. Sci. Emotion and Sensibility, 5, 23 (2002).
- J. Cho and G. Cho, Text. Res. J., 77, 29 (2007).
- S. Cho, E. Yi, and G. Cho, Fiber. Polym., 7, 450 (2006).
- K. Slater, J. Text. Inst., 88, 79 (1997).
- E. Yi, C. Kim, and G. Cho, Text. Sci. Eng., 44, 172 (2007).
- C. Kim, Y. Yang, and G. Cho, Fiber. Polym., 9, 639 (2008).
- C. Kim, Y. Yang, J. Park, H. You, and G. Cho, "Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics", pp.14-17, 2008.
- E. Yi and G. Cho, Text. Res. J., 70, 828 (2000).
- K. H. E. Kroemer, H. B. Kroemer, and K. E. Kroemer-Elbert, "Ergonomics: How to Design for Ease and Efficiency", Prentice Hall, NJ, USA, 1994.
- E. Zwicker and H. Fastl, "Psychoacoustics: Facts and Models", 2nd Updated Edition, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 1999.
- S. Kawabata, "The Standardization and Analysis of Hand Evaluation", The Textile Machinery Society of Japan, Osaka, Tiger Printing Co. Ltd., Japan, 1980.
- M. Matsudaira, S. Kawabata, and M. Niwa, J. Text. Machinery Soc. Japan, 30, 53 (1985).
- G. Cho and E. Yi, J. Korean Fiber Soc., 36, 554 (1999).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2012. "" Fibers and polymers, 13(3): 403~410
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기