Singularity Avoidance of CMGs by Virtual Actuators
An implementable and practical steering law of control moment gyros (CMGs) to avoid singularity is addressed in this paper. The singularity strategy of CMGs revised in this paper is based on a simple but practical virtual actuator methodology. It is known that in a special case of singularity and torque requirement, the virtual CMGs can provide perfect command torque without torque error, which can be proven analytically. In this paper, much extensive analysis is accomplished to provide the performance of the virtual actuator concept, which can avoid the singular configuration of CMGs with possibly smaller control torque error than the conventional singularity robustness method. Finally, the steering law based on the virtual actuator concept is demonstrated by numerical simulations.
- K. J. Astrom and T. Hagglund, PID Controllers: Theory, Design and Tuning, 2nd Ed., Instrument society of America, 1995.
- H. Schaub and J. L. Junkins, "CMG Singularity avoidance using VSCMG null motion," in AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference and Exhibit, no. 98-4388, Boston, MA, Aug. 1998.
- H. Oh and S. R. Vadali, "Feedback control and steering laws for spacecraft using single gimbal control moment gyros," The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 183-203, 1994.
- H. Leeghim, H. Bang, and J.-O. Park, "Singularity avoidance of control moment gyros by one-step ahead singularity index," Acta Astronautica, vol. 64, nos. 9-10, pp. 935-945, 2009.
- W.-T. Sung, T. Kang, and J. G. Lee, "Controller design of a mems gyro-accelerometer with a single proof mass," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 873-883, 2008.
- H. Yoon and P. Tsiotras, "Singularity analysis of variable-speed control moment gyros," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 374-386, 2004.
- K. A. Ford and C. D. Hall, "flexible spacecraft reorientations using gimbaled momentum wheels," Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, Astrodynamics, vol. 97, pp. 1895-1914, San Diego, CA, 1997.
- H. Leeghim, I.-H. Lee, D. Lee, H. Bang, and J.-O. Park, "Singularity avoidance of control moment gyros by predicted singularity robustness: ground experiment," IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 884-891, 2009.
- H. Lee and H. Bang, "Optimal steering laws for variable speed control moment gyros," AIAA GN&C Conference, San Francisco, Aug. 2005.
- H. Schaub and J. L. Junkins, "Singularity avoidance using null motion and variable-speed control moment gyros," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 11-16, 2000.
- H. Schaub, S. R. Vadali, and J. L. Junkins, "Feedback control law for variable speed control moment gyrocopes," Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 307-328, 1998.
- Y. Nakamura and H. Hanafusa, "Inverse kinematic solutions with singularity robustness for robot manipulator control," Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 108, pp. 163-171, Sep. 1986.
- K. A. Ford and C. D. Hall, "Singular direction avoidance steering for control-moment gyros," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 648-656, 2000.
- B. Wie, D. Bailey, and C. Heiberg, "Singularity robust steering logic for redundant single-gimbal control moment gyros," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 865-872, 2001.
- H. Lee, D. Lee, and H. Bang, "Hybrid control of spacecraft using various momentum exchange devices," Proc. of the 5th Asian Control Conference, Bali, Indonesia, Jul. 2006.
- B. Wie and P. M. Barba, "Quaternion feedback for spacecraft large angle maneuvers," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 360-365, 1985.
- Y.-H. Wang, Q.-X. Wu, C.-S. Jiang, and G.-Y. Huang, "Reentry attitude tracking control based on fuzzy feedforward for reusable launch vehicle," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 503-511, 2009.
- J. H. Ryu, D. H. Han, K. K. Lee, and T. L. Song, "Prediction-based interacting multiple model estimation algorithm for target tracking with large sampling periods," International Journal of Control, Automation, and Systems, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 44-53, 2008.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기