Effect of rolling ratio on groove-section profile ring rolling
Ring rolling is an advanced plastic forming technique which is used to manufacture precise seamless rings. Rolling ratio is regarded as a decisive parameter for the ring rolling process because it decides the blank dimension, reflects the ring deformation degree and influences the forming results. However, its importance for the ring rolling process is always neglected. In this paper, the effect of rolling ratio on the groove-section profile ring rolling is firstly investigated. The relationships between rolling ratio and blank dimension, rolling ratio and ring deformation degree are theoretically studied and a theoretical value range of rolling ratio is proposed. Then, with FE simulation, the influences of rolling ratio on the forming results are revealed. Based on comparison and experimental verification, a reasonable value range of rolling ratio is determined.
- K. Davey and M. J. Ward, A practical method for finite element ring rolling simulation using the ALE flow formulation, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 44 (2002) 165-190.
- E. Eruc and R. Shivpuri, A summary of ring rolling teclmology - 1. Recent trends in machines, processes and production lines, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 32 (1992) 379-398.
- J. B. Hawyard, W. Johnson and J. Kirkland, Analysis for roll force and torgue in ring rolling with some supporting experiments, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 15 (1973) 873-893.
- A. G. Mamalis, W. Johnson and J. B. Hawkyard, Pressure distribution, roll force and torgue in cold ring rolling. Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 18 (1976) 196-209.
- J. S. Ryoo, D.Y.Yang and W. Johnson, Ring rolling; the inclusion of pressure roll speed for estimating torque by using a velocity superposition method, In: Proceedings of the 24th International MTDR Conforence, Manchester, 1983, 69-74.
- C. F. Lugora and A. N. Bramley, Analysis of spread in ring rolling, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 29 (1989) 132-140.
- N. Kim, S. Machida and S. Kobayashi, Ring-rolling process simulation by three dimensional finite element method, International Journal of Machine Tools Manufacturing, 30 (1990) 569-577
- S. G. Xu, J. C. Lian and J. B. Howkyard, Simulation of ring rolling using a rigid plastic finite elementmodel, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 33 (1991) 393-401.
- L. Hua and Z. Z. Zhao, The extremum parameters in ring rolling, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 69 (1997) 273-276.
- F. L. Yan, L Hua and Y. Q. WU, Planning feed speed in cold ring rolling, International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, 41 (2007) 1695-1701.
- L G. Guo, H. Yang and :VI. Zhan, Research on plastic deformation behavior in cold ring rolling by FEM numerical simulation, Modeling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, 13 (2005) 1029-1046.
- D. S. Qian, L. Hua and Z. J. Zuo, Investigation of distribution of plastic zone in the process of plastic penetration, Journal of Material Processing Technology, 187-188 (2007) 734-737.
- H. Yang, L G. Guo and M, Zhan, Research on the influence of material properties on cold ring rolling processes by 3D-FE numerical simulation, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 177 (2006) 634-638.
- L. Hua, Z. J. Zuo and J. Lan, Research on following motion rule of guide roller in cold rolling groove ball ring, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 187-188 (2007) 743-746.
- L. Hua, Z. J. Zuo and J. Lan, 3D finite element simulation and process design for cold rolling ball groove section ring, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 44 (2008) 201-205.
- L. Hua, D. S. Qian and L. B. Pan, Analysis of plastic penetration in process of groove ball-section ring rolling, Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 22 (2008) 1374-1382.
- D. S. Qian, L. Hua and L B Pan, Research on gripping conditions in profile ring rolling of raceway groove, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 209 (2009) 2794-2802.
- L. Hua, X. G. Huang and C.D. Zhu, Theory and Technology of Ring Rolling, Chinese Machine Press, Beijing 2001.
- A E. Tekkaya, State-of-the-art of simulation of sheet metal forming, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 103 (2000) 14-22.
- H. Yang and L. G. Guo, Effect of sized of forming rolls on cold ring rolling by 3D-FE numerical simulation. Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, 16 (2006) 645-651.
- Z. X. Wang, Conciseness Mechanical Design Manual, Chinese Machine Press, Beijing, 1997.
- H. Yang, M. Wang and Z. C. Sun, 3D coupled thermomechanical FE modeling of blank size effects on the uniformity of strain and temperature distributions during hot rolling of titanium alloy large rings, Computational Materials Science, 44 (2008) 611-621.
- P. V. Ranatunga, Modeling of profile ring rolling with upper bound elemental technique, PhD dissertation, The Ohio University, 2002.
- D. S. Qian, Research on mechanical principle and technology design of profile cold ring rolling, PhD dissertation, Wuhan University of Technology, 2009.
- Getting Started with ABAQUS, 2003, Version 6.4, ABAQUS Inc., Pawtucket, USA.
- W. Johnson, I. MacLeod and G. Needham, An experimental investigation into the process of ring or metal type rolling, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 10 (1968) 455-468.
- D. Y. Yang and K. H. Kim, Rigid plastic finite element analysis of plain strain ring rolling, International Journal of Mechanical Science, 30 (1988) 571-580.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2014. "" International journal of precision engineering and manufacturing, 15(3): 503~512
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기