Comparison of Eliminating First Order Samples for Minimizing First Serving Order Bias to Data Corrections
This study was conducted to investigate the impacts of eliminating first order samples and data corrections on overall liking (OL) results. Nine consumer studies were employed for this work. For each study, all first order products were eliminated from the data to examine the impacts of first order bias on OL. Significantly higher OL values were observed for products presented in first order for 6 of the 9 studies. After removing first order samples, OL for each product slightly decreased. In addition, slight changes in sample OL rank orders were observed for 8 of the 9 studies. Data sets with first position sample removed seemed less discriminative. This indicates that samples were discriminated to a greater extent due to first order bias and actual differences might be overstated. Two first order data corrections were successfully adapted to remedy the first order bias even after data were segmented by cluster analysis.
- MacFie H. Preference mapping and food product development. pp. 551-592. In: Consumer-led Food Product Development. MacFie H (ed). CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, USA (2007)
- Lawless HT, Heymann H. Sensory Evaluation of Food. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York, NY, USA. pp. 301-340 (1999)
- Meilgaard MC, Civille GV, Carr BT. Sensory Evaluation Techniques. CRC Press, Inc., Boca Raton, FL, USA. p. 42 (2007)
- Wakeling IN, MacFie H. Designing consumer trials balanced for first and higher orders of carry-over effect when only of subset of k samples from t may be tested. Food Qual. Prefer. 6: 299-308 (1995)
- Hottenstein A, Taylor R, Carr T. Preference segments: A deeper understanding of consumer acceptance or a serving-order effect? Food Qual. Prefer. 19: 711-718 (2008)
- Meullenet JF, Xiong R, Findlay CJ. Multivariate and Probabilistic Analyses of Sensory Science Problems. Blackwell Publishing Professional, Ames, IA, USA. p. 111 (2007)
- Williams EJ. Experimental designs balanced for the estimation of residual effects of treatments. Aust. J. Sci. Res. Ser. A 2: 149-168 (1948)
- MacFie HJ, Bratchell N. Designs to balance the effect of order of presentation and first-order carry-over effects in hall test. J. Sensory Stud. 4: 129-148 (1989)
- Lee YS, Owens CM, Meullenet JF. On the quality of commercial boneless skinless broiler breast meat. J. Food Sci. 73: S253-S261 (2008)
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2013. "" Food science and biotechnology, 22(6): 1621~1627
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기