Ultra High Pressure Extraction (UHPE) of Ginsenosides from Korean Panax ginseng Powder
To elucidate the potential of ultra high pressure (UHP) processing on ginseng, effect of UHP on extraction yield, crude saponin content, and ginsenoside contents of ginseng powder was investigated. Ginseng slurries (70, 80, and 90% moisture content) were put into a retortable pouch then hermetically sealed. These mixtures were pressurized at room temperature up to 600 MPa for 5-15 min. UHP ginseng showed relatively higher extraction yield (312.2-387.1 mg) and amounts of crude saponins (19.3-32.6 mg/g ginseng) than control ginseng (189.9 and 17.5 mg/g ginseng, respectively). Correlation coefficient between extraction yield and crude saponin content was relatively low ( $R^2$ =0.29 0.2908). In high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) analysis, amounts of measured total ginsenosides (Rb1, Rb2, Rc, Rd, Re, and Rg1) increased with UHP processing but pressure level and pressing time did not proportionally influence the ginsenosides content. This work shows a potential of UHP processing on extraction of ginseng powder and provides basic information on UHP extraction of ginseng powder.
- Dharmananda S. The nature of ginseng: Traditional use, modern research, and the qestion of dosage. Herbalgram 54: 34-51 (2002)
- Sohn HJ, Lee SK, Wee JJ. Flavor characteristics of Korean red ginseng. J. Ginseng Res. 24: 148-152 (2000)
- Yuste J, Capellas M, Pla R, Fung DYC, Mor-Mur M. High pressure processing for food safety and preservation: A review. J. Rapid Meth. Aut. Mic. 9: 1-10 (2002)
- Patterson M. High pressure treatments of foods. pp. 1059-1065. In: Encyclopedia of Food Microbiology. Robinson RK, Batt CA, Patel PD (eds). Academic Press, San Diego, CA, USA (2000)
- Zhang S, Chen R, Wu H, Wang C. Ginsenoside extraction from Panax quinquefolium L. (American ginseng) root by using ultra high pressure. J. Pharmaceut. Biomed. 41: 57-63 (2006)
- Park CW. Effects of high-hydrostatic pressure on ginsenoside composition of Korean red ginseng. MS thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (2006)
- Sua JH, Xua JH, Lu WY, Lin GQ. Enzymatic transformation of ginsenoside Rg3 to Rh2 using newly isolated Fusarium proliferatum ECU2042. J. Mol. Catal. B-Enzym. 38: 113-118 (2006)
- Popovich DG, Kitts DD. Generation of ginsenosides Rg3 and Rh2 from North American ginseng. Phytochemistry 65: 337-344 (2004)
- Kim SI, Baek NI, Kim DS, Lee YH, Kang KS, Park JD. Preparation of a 20(S)-ginsenoside Rh2 and the 20(S) epimer from protopanaxadiol saponins of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Yakhak Hoeji 35: 432-437 (1991)
- Kim BH, Lee SY, Cho HJ, You SN, Kim YJ, Park YM, Lee JK, Baik MY, Park CS, Ahn SC. Biotransformation of Korean Panax ginseng by pectinex. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 29: 2472-2478 (2006)
- Kim JH, Ahn SC, Choi SW, Hur NY, Kim BY, Baik MY. Changes in effective components of ginseng by puffing. J. Korean Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem. 51: 188-193 (2008)
- Kong BM, Park MJ, Min JW, Kim HB, Kim SH, Kim SY, Yang DC. Physico-chemical characteristics of white, fermented, and red ginseng extracts. J. Ginseng Res. 32: 238-243 (2008)
- Rastogi NK, Angersbach A, Knorr D. Synergistic effect of high hydrostatic pressure pretreatment and osmotic stress on mass transfer during osmotic dehydration. J. Food Eng. 45: 25-31 (2000)
- Zhang S, Zhu J, Wang C. Novel high pressure extraction technology. Int. J. Pharm. 278: 471-474 (2004)
- Zhang S, Chen R, Wang C. Experiment study on ultrahigh pressure extraction of ginsenosides. J. Food Eng. 79: 1-5 (2007)
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기