Mathematical model for determination of strand twist angle and diameter in stranded-wire helical springs
The twist angle of strands has a significant effect on the performance of stranded-wire helical springs. This paper proposes two models (a precise mathematical model and an approximate mathematical model) for calculation of the twist angle and the diameter of strands formed of an arbitrary number of wires. These two parameters can be derived from the screw pitch of strands and the diameter and number of their wires, regardless of the model used. In comparative and analytical studies, it was determined that for strands with the same number of wires, the larger the ratio of the screw pitch to the diameter of the wires is, the smaller the relative errors of the two models are. Only when the foresaid ratio is two times larger than the number of wires, the results of the approximate mathematical model can be acceptable. In other cases, the approximate mathematical model cannot be used. Finally, application software was developed for direct precise-mathematical-model calculation of the twist angle and diameter of strands formed of arbitrary wires.
- G. A. Costello and J. W. Phillips, Static Response of Stranded-Wire Helical Springs, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 21 (1979) 171-178.
- H. H. Clark, Stranded-Wire Helical Springs, Spring Design and Application, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, USA, (1961) 92-96.
- J. W. Phillips and G. A. Costello, General Axial Response of Stranded-Wire Helical Springs, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 14 (1979) 247-257.
- H. Carlson, Spring Manufacturing Handbook, Marcel Dekker, New York, USA, (1982) 141.
- J. J. Min and S. L. Wang, Analysis on Dynamic Calculation of Stranded-Wire Helical Spring, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 43 (3) (2007) 199-203.
- H. Carlson, Spring Designer's Handbook, Marcel Dekker, New York, USA, (1978) 232.
- D. W. Yu, The Dynamic Stress of Stranded-Wire Helical Spring and Its Useful Life, Journal of Nanjing University of Science and Technology, 75 (3) (1994) 24-29.
- The Spring Research Association, Springs Materials/ Design/Manufacture, J. W. Northend, Sheffield, UK, (1968).
- Y. H. Zhang, H. H. Liu and D. C. Wang, Spring Handbook, Mechanical Industry Press, Beijing, PRC, (1999) 312-329.
- M. L. Wang, Analytic Calculation of Multi-wire Helical Compression Springs With Multi-center-wires, Acta Armamentar II, (1995) 60-65.
- D. W. Zhang, Handbook of Spring Design, New Technology of Manufacturing Process and Quality Control, Chinese Science and Culture Audio-video Publishing House, Beijing, PRC, (2003) 182-208.
- S. Sathikh, M. B. K. Moorthy and M. Krishnan, A Symmetric Linear Elastic Model for Helical Wire Strands under Axisymmetric Loads, Journal of Strain Analysis, 31 (5) (1996) 389-399.
- S. L. Wang, J. Zhou and L. Kang, Dynamic Tension of Stranded-Wire Helical Spring during Reeling, Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 44 (6) (2008) 36-42.
- D. R. Wu, An Introduction to Space Analytic Geometry, .Higher Education Press, Beijing, PRC, (1989) 207-211.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 25(8): 2137~2147
저자의 다른 논문
- 2011 "Enhanced friction model for high-speed right-angle gear dynamics" Journal of mechanical science and technology 25 (11): 2741~2753
- 2011 "Research on torsional fretting wear behaviors and damage mechanisms of stranded-wire helical spring" Journal of mechanical science and technology 25 (8): 2137~2147
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기