Application of bouc-wen model to frequency-dependent nonlinear hysteretic friction damper
To reduce vibration and noise, various dampers have been applied to many devices such as vehicle suspensions and washing machines. In washing machines, lubricated friction dampers, usually of very simple structure, are installed. Despite the simple structure of these dampers, their dynamic behaviors do not lend themselves to easy mathematical model development, owing to nonlinear characteristics such as hysteresis, viscous elasticity, and other complications. To determine the characteristics of a lubricated friction damper, physical tests with various amplitudes and frequencies were carried out. The complicated lubricated friction damper curves obtained through the physical tests showed hysteretic behavior. In the present study, an analytical model of a hysteretic friction damper was developed, after which optimum parameter values and the maximum friction force were evaluated using an optimization technique. For description of the friction force as changed by the excitation amplitudes and frequencies, a relationship between the sponge velocity and the STV (stick transition velocity) was considered. To describe the hysteretic behavior of the friction damper, a Bouc-Wen model was adopted.
- G. Z. Yao, F. F. Yap, G. Chen, W. H. Li and S. H. Yeo, MR damper and its application for semi-active control of vehicle suspension system, MECHATRONICS, 12 (2002) 963-73.
- J. W. Liang and B. F. Feeny, Identifying Coulomb and Viscous Friction from Free-Vibration Decrements, Nonlinear Dynamics, 16 (1998) 337-347.
- H. Wee, Two-DOF Nonlinear System Analysis Using a Generalized Bouc-Wen Model, Proceedings of SPIE the International Society of Optical Engineering, (2000) 1692-1695.
- J. K. Ok, W. S. Yoo and J. H. Sohn, Experimental study on the Bushing Characteristics under several excitation inputs for Bushing Modeling, Int. Journal of Automotive Technology, 8 (4) (2007) 455-465.
- W. S. Yoo, J. C. Ryu, G. H. Nho, B. S. Chung, J. H. Lee and S. W. Jung, Suggestion of MSTV(modified stick transition velocity) model for hysteretic damping mechanism J. Mechanical Science and Technology, 22 (2008) 1-8.
- M. Patrick, M. Sain, K. Sain, B. F. Spencer and J. D. Sain, The Bouc Hysteresis Model: An Initial Study of Qualitative Characteristics, Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, (1998) 2559-2563.
- MTS, http://www.mts.com
- VisualDOC User Manual, VR&D Coroperation, (2004).
- ADAMS User Manual, MSC Software Corporation, (2005).
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기