Real-time regulated sliding mode controller design of multiple manipulator space free-flying robot
The problem of controlling Space Free-flying Robots (SFFRs), which have many degrees of freedom caused by their mechanical manipulators, is challenging because of the strong nonlinearities and their heavy computational burden for the implementation of model-based control algorithms. In this paper, a chattering avoidance sliding mode controller is developed for SFFR as highly nonlinear-coupled systems. To fulfill stability requirements, robustness properties, and chattering elimination, a regulating routine is proposed to determine the proper positive values for the coefficient of sliding condition. To solve the run-time problem, an explicit direct relationship between the SFFR's output of actuators (force/torque)and the measurement of distances from the corresponding sliding surfaces is also assumed. To reach perfect performance, the parameters are estimated recursively using the Kalman filter as a parameter estimator. The explicit dynamics of a 14-DOF SFFR is derived using SPACEMAPLE, and the recursive prediction error method (RPEM) is used to parameterize the SFFR model. To alleviate the chattering trend, a multi-input sliding mode control law is proposed and applied to the given SFFR based on the online estimated dynamics to control its orientation and position to catch a moving target. To evaluate the new proposed algorithm in a more complicated condition, only on-off actuators are assumed for controlling the base of SFFR because it is the case in real systems. The obtained results show that the proposed regulated sliding mode controller can significantly reduce the chattering trend. Consequently, energy consumption will be substantially decreased, and running the control algorithm will be within a reasonable time duration.
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and E. Papadopoulos, On the Kinematics of multiple manipulator space free-flyers, Journal of Robotic Systems, 15 (4) (1998) 207-216.
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and E. Papadopoulos, Explicit dynamics of space free-flyers with multiple manipulators via SPACEMAPL, Journal of Advanced Robotics, 18 (2) (2004) 223-244.
- J. L. Kuang, B. J. Kim, H. W. Lee and D. K. Sung, The attitude stability analysis of a rigid body with multi-elastic appendages and multi-liquid-filled cavities using the chateau method, Journal of the Astronautical Space Sciences, 15 (1) (1998) 209-220.
- H. W. Mah, V. J. Modi, Y. Morita and H. Yokota, Dynamics during slewing and translational maneuvers of the space station based MRMS, Journal of the Astronautical Space Sciences, 38 (4) (1990) 557-579.
- E. Papadopoulos and S. Ali A. Moosavian, Dynamics & control of space free-flyers with multiple arms, Journal of Advanced Robotics, 9 (6) (1995) 603-624.
- S. Ali. A. Moosavian, R. Rastegari and E. Papadopoulos, Multiple impedance control for space free-flying robots, AIAA Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 28 (5) (2005) 939-947.
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and E. Papadopoulos, On the control of space free-flyers using multiple impedance control, Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics Automation, NM, USA, (1997) 853-858.
- S. Dubowsky and D. T. Des Forges, The application of model-referenced adaptive control to robotic manipulators, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement & Control, 101 (1979) 193-200.
- J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, Adaptive robot control: a new perspective, Proc. of the 26th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Los Angeles, CA, USA, (1987) 49-59.
- K. Youcef-Toumi and O. Ito, Controller design for systems with unknown dynamics, Proc. of American Cont. Coni, Minneapolis, USA, (1987) 836-844.
- J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control, Prentice Hall, (1991).
- J. Y. Hung, W. Gao and J. C. Hung, Variable structure control: a survey, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 40 (1) (1993) 2-22.
- A. S. Mollah, S. M. Ullah, L. K. Wong, F. H. F. Leung and P. K. S. Tam, A chattering elimination algorithm for sliding mode control of uncertain non-linear systems, Elsevier Science Ltd, Mechatronics, 8 (1998) 765-775.
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and M. Reza Homaeinejad, Regulated sliding mode control of satellite rotation, Proc. of the IFAC workshop on Generalized Solutions in Control Problems (GSCP), Russia, (2004) .
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and E. Papadopoulos, Control of space free-flyers using modified transpose Jacobian algorithm, Proc. of the IEEE/RSJ Int. Coni on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Grenoble, France, (1997) 1500-1505.
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and M. Reza Homaeinejad, Regulated sliding mode control of robotic manipulators, Proc. of the Tehran International Congress on Manufacturing Engineering (TICME- 2006), Tehran, Iran, (2006).
- S. Ali A. Moosavian and M. Reza Homaeinejad, Variable structure control (VSC) of robotic manipulators, Proc. of the IEEE Workshop on Advanced Motion Control (AMC), Istanbul, Turkey, (2006).
- S. Ali A. Moosavian, Dynamics and control of free-flying robots in space: a survey, Proc. of the 5th IFAC/EURON Symposium on Intelligent Autonomous Vehicles- IA V2004, Lisbon, Portugal, (2004).
- D. Wang and G. Xu, Full-state tracking and internal dynamics of nonholonomic wheeled mobile robots, IEEE/ASME Transactions on mechatronics, 8 (2) (2003) 203-214.
- S. M. Savaresi, F. Previdi, A. Dester, S. Bittanti and A. Ruggeri, Modeling, identification, and analysis of limitcycling pitch and heave dynamics in an ROV, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, 29 (2) (2004) 407-417.
- I. Markovsky, J. C. Willems, S. V. Huffel, B. DeMoor and R. Pintelon, Application of structured total least squares for system identification and model reduction, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 50 (10) (2005) 1490-1500.
- M. Storace and O. DeFeo, Piecewise-linear approximation of nonlinear dynamical systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 51 (4) (2004) 830-842.
- J. X. Xu, Y. J. Pan and T. H. Lee, Sliding mode control with closed-loop filtering architecture for a class of nonlinear systems, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 51 (4) (2004) 168-173.
- J. O. Hahn, R. Rajamani, S. H. You and K. I. Lee, Realtime identification of road-bank angle using differential GPS, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 12 (4) (2004) 589-599.
- S. Oucheriah, Exponential stabilization of linear delayed systems using sliding mode controllers, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 50 (6) (2003) 826-830.
- S. Chen, X. Hong, C. J. Harris and X. Wang, Identification of nonlinear systems using generalized kernel models, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 13 (3) (2005) 401-411.
- M. Azimi, P. Nasiopoulos and R. K. Ward, Omine and online identification of hidden semi-markov models, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 53 (8) (2005) 2658-2663.
- V. Smidl and A. Quinn, Mixture-based extension of the AR model and its recursive Bayesian identification, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 53 (9) (2005) 3530-3542.
- X. M. Ren, A. B. Rad, P. T. Chan and W. L. Lo, Online identification of continuous-time systems with unknown time delay, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 50 (9) (2005) 1418-1422.
- N. Diolaiti, C. Melchiorri and S. Stramigioli, Contact impedance estimation for robotic systems, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 21 (5) (2005) 925-935.
- L. Y. Wang, J. F. Zhang and G. G. Yin, System identification using binary sensors, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 48 (11)(2003) 1892-1907.
- W. Spinelli, L. Piroddi and M. Lovera, On the role of prefiltering in nonlinear system identification, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 50 (10) (2005) 1597-1602.
- J. Voros, Identification of Hammerstein systems with timevarying piecewise-linear characteristics, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems, 52 (12) (2005) 865-869.
- L. Ljung and T. Glad, Modeling of Dynamic Systems, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N. J., (1994).
- L. Ljung, System Identification-Theory for the User, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, N. J., 2nd edition, (1999).
- T. Soderstrom and P. Stoica, System Identification, Prentice Hall International, London. (1989).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Journal of mechanical science and technology, 25(6): 1595~1602
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기