Design and analysis of an active steering bogie for urban trains
The conventional railway vehicle was designed to ensure running stability using high stiffness elements for primary suspensions. Curving performance of the railway vehicle is relatively low because the natural steering motion of a wheelset is constrained by the high stiffness suspensions. High running stability has always been in conflict with good curving performance in conventional design processes. This conflict problem can be solved with an active steering bogie since active elements properly control the wheelset motions according to track conditions such as straight or curved lines. In this paper, an active steering mechanism for railway vehicle is introduced, and the curving performance of the proposed active steering bogie is investigated through simulation and experiments. According to the results, the proposed active steering bogie is highly effective for curve negotiation.
- S. Iwnicki,, Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics, CRC Press, Boca Raton, USA, (2006).
- T. Suga, Japanese Railway Technology Today, East Japan Railway Culture Foundation, Japan, (2001) 19-34.
- R. E. Smith, Performance Testing of the Resco Steered Frame Freight Car Truck at the AAR Test and Comparisons with Standard and Premium Three-Piece Trucks, Resco engineering Project Report.
- J. H. Park, H. M. Hur, H. I. Koh and, W. H. You, Concept Design of an Active Steering Bogie for Urban Railway Vehicles, J the Korean Society for Railway (Korean), 10 (6) (2007) 709-716.
- T. X. Mei and R. M. Goodall, Wheelset control strategies for a 2-axle railway vehicle, J Vehicle system Dynamics, 33 (2000) 653-664.
- J. T. Pearson, R. M. Goodall, T. X. Mei and G. Himmelstein, Active stability control strategies for a high speed bogie, Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier, 12 (2004) 1381- 1391.
- R. Schneider and G. Himmelstein, Active Radial Steering and Stability Control with the Mechatronic Bogie, WCRR conference (2006).
- A. Matsumoto, Y. Sato, H. Ohno, Y. Suda, Y. Michitsuji, M. Komiyama, M. Tanimoto, Y. Kishimoto, Y. Sato and T. Nakai, Multibody Dynamics Simulation and Experimental Evaluation for Active-Bogie-Steering Bogie, Proc. Int'l Symposium on Speed-up and Service Technology for Railway and Maglev Systems, (2005) 103-107.
- A. A. Shabana, K. E. Zaazaa and H. Sugiyama, Railroad Vehicle Dynamics: A Computational Approach, CRC Press, New York, USA, (2008) 140-142.
- J. Perez, J. M. Busturia and R. M. Goodall, Control Strategies for Active Steering of Bogie-Based Railway Vehicles, Control Engineering Practice, Elsevier, 10 (2002) 1005-1012.
- T. X. Mei, R. M. Goodall, Recent Development in Active Steering of Railway Vehicles, J Vehicle System Dynamics, 39 (6) (2003) 415-436.
- F. Gonzalez, J. Perez, J. Vinolas and A. Alonso, Use of Active Steering in Railway Bogies to Reduce Rail Corrugation on Curves, Proc. Instn. Mech. Engrs., Part F: J. Rail and Rapid Transit, 221 (2007) 509-519.
- H. M. Hur, J. H. Park, M. S. Kim, W. H. You and T. W. Park, A Study on the Critical Speed of 1/5 Scaled Bogie Model, J. the Korean Society for Railway (Korean), 10 (6) (2007) 800-805.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기