Suppressed CD31 Expression in Sarcoma-180 Tumors after Injection with Toxoplasma gondii Lysate Antigen in BALB/c Mice
The anti-tumorigenic effects of Toxoplasma gondii (RH) antigens were studied in a murine sarcoma-180 tumor model. To determine the anti-tumor effects, the reduction in tumor size and expression of CD31 (an angiogenesis marker in the tumor tissue) were examined after injection of BALB/c mice with T. gondii lysate antigen (TLA) or formalin-fixed, proliferation-inhibited, T. gondii tachyzoites. Tumors were successfully produced by an intradermal injection of sarcoma-180 cells with plain Matrigel in the mid-backs of mice. After injection with TLA or formalin-fixed T. gondii tachyzoites, the increase in tumor size and weight nearly stopped while tumor growth continued in control mice that were injected with PBS. CD31 expression in TLA-treated or formalin-fixed T. gondii-injected mice was lower than the control mice. Accordingly, the present study shows that the treatment of mice with formalin-fixed T. gondii or TLA in the murine sarcoma-180 tumor model results in a decrease of both tumor size and CD31 expression.
- Dubey JP, Lindsay DS, Speer CA. Structures of Toxoplasma gondii tachyzoites, bradyzoites, and sporozoites and biology and development of tissue cysts. Clin Microbiol Rev 1998; 11: 267-299.
- Jones JL, Kruszon-Moran D, Sanders-Lewis K, Wilson M. Toxoplasma gondii infection in the United States, 1999 2004, decline from the prior decade. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2007; 77: 405-410.
- Lago EG, Conrado GS, Piccoli CS, Carvalho RL, Bender AL. Toxoplasma gondii antibody profile in HIV-infected pregnant women and the risk of congenital toxoplasmosis. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2009; 28: 345-351.
- Sukthana Y, Chintana T, Lekkla A. Toxoplasma gondii antibody in HIV-infected persons. J Med Assoc Thai 2000; 83: 681-684.
- Lopes FM, Goncalves DD, Mitsuka-Bregano R, Freire RL, Navarro IT. Toxoplasma gondii infection in pregnancy. Braz J Infect Dis 2007; 11: 496-506
- Matsuo Y, Takeishi S, Miyamoto T, Nonami A, Kikushige Y, Kunisaki Y, Kamezaki K, Tu L, Hisaeda H, Takenaka K, Harada N, Kamimura T, Ohno Y, Eto T, Teshima T, Gondo H, Harada M, Nagafuji K. Toxoplasmosis encephalitis following severe graft-vs.-host disease after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: 17 yr experience in Fukuoka BMT group. Eur J Haematol 2007; 79: 317-321.
- Cingolani A, Luca AD, Ammassari A, Murri R, Linzalone A, Grillo R, Antinori A. PCR detection of Toxoplasma gondii DNA in CSF for the differential diagnosis of AIDS-related focal brain lesions. Molecular Diagnosis 1996; 45: 472-476.
- Kim JO, Jung SS, Kim SY, Kim TY, Shin DW, Lee JH, Lee YH. Inhibition of Lewis lung carcinoma growth by Toxoplasma gondii through induction of Th1 immune responses and inhibition of angiogenesis. J Korean Med Sci 2007; 22 Suppl: S38-46.
- Silva NM, Vieira JC, Carneiro CM, Tafuri WL. Toxoplasma gondii: the role of IFN-gamma, TNFRp55 and iNOS in inflammatory changes during infection. Exp Parasitol 2009; 123: 65-72.
- Oba M, Yano S, Shuto T, Suico MA, Eguma A, Kai H. IFN-gamma down-regulates Hsp27 and enhances hyperthermia-induced tumor cell death in vitro and tumor suppression in vivo. Int J Oncol 2008; 32: 1317-1324.
- Kashii Y, Giorda R, Herberman RB, Whiteside TL, Vujanovic NL. Constitutive expression and role of the TNF family ligands in apoptotic killing of tumor cells by human NK cells. J Immunol 1999; 163: 5358-5366.
- Sanzen I, Imanishi N, Takamatsu N, Konosu S, Mantani N, Terasawa K, Tazawa K, Odaira Y, Watanabe M, Takeyama M, Ochiai H. Nitric oxide-mediated antitumor activity induced by the extract from Grifola frondosa (Maitake mushroom) in a macrophage cell line, RAW264.7. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 2001; 20: 591-597.
- Cui Z, Willingham MC, Hicks AM, Alexander-Miller MA, Howard TD, Hawkins GA, Miller MS, Weir HM, Du W, DeLong CJ. Spontaneous regression of advanced cancer: identification of a unique genetically determined, age-dependent trait in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2003; 100: 6682-6687.
- Looney WB, Mayo AA, Janners MY, Mellon JG, Allen P, Salak D, Morris HP. Cell proliferation and tumor growth in hepatomas 3924A. Cancer Res 1971; 31: 821-825.
- Darani HY, Shirzad H, Mansoori F, Zabardast N, Mahmoodzadeh M. Effects of Toxoplasma gondii and Toxocara canis antigens on WEHI-164 fibrosarcoma growth in a mouse model. Korean J Parasitol 2009; 47: 175-177.
- Siddiqui F, Ehrhart EJ, Charles B, Chubb L, Li CY, Zhang XW, Larue SM, Avery PR, Dewhirst MW, Ullrich RL. Anti-angiogenic effects of interleukin-12 delivered by a novel hyperthermia induced gene construct. International Journal of Hyperthermia 2006; 22: 587-606.
- Aldebert D, Durand F, Mercier C, Brenier-Pinchart MP, Cesbron-Delauw MF, Pelloux H. Toxoplasma gondii triggers secretion of interleukin-12 but low level of interleukin-10 from the THP-1 human monocytic cell line. Cytokine 2007; 37: 206-211.
- Weiss LM, Dubey JP. Toxoplasmosis: A history of clinical observations. Int J Parasitol 2009; 39: 895-901.
- Lee EJ, Heo YM, Choi JH, Song HO, Ryu JS, Ahn MH. Suppressed production of pro-inflammatory cytokines by LPS-activated macrophages after treatment with Toxoplasma gondii lysate. Korean J Parasitol 2008; 46: 145-151.
- Yang SX, Steinberg SM, Nguyen D, Wu TD, Modrusan Z, Swain SM. Gene expression profile and angiogenic marker correlates with response to neoadjuvant bevacizumab followed by bevacizumab plus chemotherapy in breast cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2008; 14: 5893-5899.
- Sunamura M, Sun L, Lozonschi L, Duda DG, Kodama T, Matsumoto G, Shimamura H, Takeda K, Kobari M, Hamada H, Matsuno S. The antiangiogenesis effect of interleukin 12 during early growth of human pancreatic cancer in SCID mice. Pancreas 2000; 20: 227-233.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" The Korean journal of parasitology, 49(3): 303~308
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기