Differential expression patterns of gangliosides in the tissues and cells of NIH-mini pig kidneys
Gangliosides are a ubiquitous component of the membranes of mammalian cells that have been suggested to play important roles in various cell functions such as cell-cell interaction, adhesion, cell differentiation, growth control and signaling. However, the role that gangliosides play in the immune rejection response in xenotransplantation is not yet clearly understood. In this study, differential expression patterns of gangliosides in HEK293 (human embryonic kidney cells), PK15 (porcine kidney cells), NIH-kd (NIH-mini pig kidney cells, primary cultured) and the cortex, medulla and calyx of the NIH-mini pig kidney were investigated by high-performance thin-layer chromatography (HPTLC). The results revealed that HEK293, PK15 and NIH-kd contained GM3, GM2 and GD3 as major gangliosides. Moreover, GM3, which are the gangliosides of NIH-kd, were expressed at higher levels than HEK293 and PK15. Especially, GT1b were expressed in HEK293 and NIH-kd but not in PK15. Finally, GM1 and GD1a were expressed in NIH-kd, but not in HEK293 or PK15. These results suggest that differential expression patterns of gangliosides from HEK293, PK15 and NIH-kd are related to the immune rejection response in xenotransplantation.
- Choo YK, Chiba K, Tai T, Ogiso M, Hoshi M. 1995. Differential distribution of ganglioside in adult rat ovary during the oestrous cycle. Glycobiology. 5:209-309.
- Dallman MJ. 1995. Cytokines and transplantation: Th1/Th2 regulation of the immune response to solid organ transplantation in the adult. Curr Opin Immunol. 7:632.
- Duclos Jr RI. 2000. The total synthesis of ganglioside GM3. Carbohydrate Res. 328:489-507.
- Esselman WJ, Miller HC. 1997. Modulation of B cell responses by glycolipide released from antigen-stimulated T cells. J Immunol. 119:1994.
- Kanda N, Tamaki K. 1998. Ganglioside GQ1b enhances Ig production by human PBMCs. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 102:810.
- Kimata H, Yoshida A. 1994. Differential effects of ganglio-sides on Ig producton and proliferation by human B cells. Blood. 84:1193.
- Kimata H, Yoshida A. 1996. Inhibition of spontaneous immunoglobulin production by ganglioside GM2 in human B cells. Clin Immunopathol. 79:197.
- Kotani M, Ozawa H, Kawashima I, Ando S, Tai T. 1992. Generation of one set of monoclonal antibodies specific for a-pathway ganglio-series gangliosides. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1117:97-103.
- Kotani M, Kawashima I, Ozawa H, Terashima T, Tai T. 1993. Differential distribution of major gangliosides in rat central nervous system detected by specific monoclonal antibodies. Glycobiology. 3:137-146.
- Ladisch S, Gillard B. 1985. A solvent partition method for microscale ganglioside purification. Anal Biochem. 146:220-231.
- Nojiri H, Takaku F, Terui Y, Miura Y, Saito M. 1986. Ganglioside GM3: an acidic membrane component that increases during macrophagelike cell differentiation can induce monocytic differentiation of human myeloid and monocytoid leukemic cell lines HL-60 and U937. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 83:782-786.
- Ozawa H, Kotani M, Kawashima I, Tai T. 1992. Generation of one set of monoclonal antibodies specific for b-pathway ganglio-series gangliosides. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1123:184-190.
- Tejani A. 2000. Sullivan EEK: The impact of acute rejecton on chronic rejection: a report of the North American Pediatric Renal Transplantation Cooperative Study. Pediatr Transplant. 4:107.
- Van Echten G, Sandhoff K. 1993. Ganglioside metabolism: enzymology, topology, and regulation. J Biol Chem. 268:5341-4.
- Xia XJ, Gu XB, Sartorelli AC, Yu RK, Santorelli AC. 1989. Effects of inducers of differentiation on protein kinase C and CMP-N-acetylneuraminic acid:lactosylceramide sialyltransferase activities of HL-60 leukemia cells. J Lipid Res. 30:181-188.
- Zeng G, Ariga T, Gu XB, Yu RK. 1995. Regulation of glycolipid synthesis in HL-60 cells by antisense oligo-deoxynucleotides to glycosyltransferase sequences: effect on cellular differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 92:8670-8674.
- Graus F, Cordon-Cardo C, Houghton AN, Melamed MR, Old LJ. 1984. Distribution of the ganglioside GD3 in human nervous system detected by R24mouse monoclonal antibody. Brain Res. 324:190-194.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기