Systemic immunity of obese-diabetes model (db/db) mice
Obesity has recently been defined as a chronic inflammatory disease and is considered as a major cause of adult health problems including incurable diseases like diabetes and cancer. In this study, the systemic immunity, including the innate and adaptive immunity parameters, of naturally occurring (leptin receptor mutation) obesity-diabetes mice (db/db) was examined to increase our knowledge of these mice for obesity-related studies. Severe fatty liver with blood engorgement was observed in the db/db mice. Compared to background C57BL/6J mice, the adaptive immunity, as measured by mitogen-induced T and B cell proliferation and cytokine release, was significantly suppressed in db/db mice. However, significant upregulation of innate immune-inflammatory parameters including macrophage function and NK cell activity was observed in db/db mice without external stimulation. These data conclusively confirm the systemic immune-inflammatory micro-environment with suppressed adaptive immunity of db/db mice, which may cause the secondary obesity-related life-threatening diseases like diabetes or cancer.
- Trayhurn, P. Adipocyte biology. Obesity Reviews 8 Suppl1:41-44 (2007).
- Karagiannides, I. & Pothoulakis, C. Obesity, innate immunity and gut inflammation. Current Opinion in Gastroenterology 23:661-666 (2007).
- Sopadakis, Y., Nagaev, I. & Smith, U. Cytokine release from adpose tissue of nonobese individuals. International Journal of Obesity 29:1144-1147 (2005).
- Mito, N. et al. Effect of obesity and insulin on immunity in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition 56:347-351 (2002).
- Nathan, C. Epidemic Inflammation: Pondering Obesity. Mol Med 14:485-492 (2008).
- Dixit, V. D. Adipose-immune interactions during obesity and caloric restriction: reciprocal mechanisms regulating immunity and health span. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 84:882-892 (2008).
- Fernandez-Real, N. & Pickup, J. Innate immunity, insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. Trends Endocrinol Metab.19: 10-16(2008).
- Jamal, S. et al. Adiposity compared with physical inactivity and risk of type 2 diabetes in women, Diabetes Care 30:53-58 (2007).
- Sanchez-Margalet, V. et al. Role of leptin as an immunomodulator of blood mononuclear cells: mechanism of action. Clinical and Experimental Immunol 133: 11-19 (2003).
- Fantuzzi, G. & Faggioni, R. Leptin in the regulation of immunity, inflammation, and hematopoiesis. Journal of Leukocyte Biology 68:437-446 (2000).
- Farooqi, I. et al. Beneficial effects of leptin on obesity, T cell hyporesponsiveness, and neuroendocrine/metabolic dysfunction of human congenital leptin deficiency. The Journal of Clinical Investigation 110: 1093-1103 (2002).
- Taleb, S. et al. Defective Leptin/Leptin receptor signaling imporves regulatory T cell immune response and protects mice from atherosclerosis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:2691-2698 (2007).
- Tanaka, S. et al. T lymphopenia in genetically obese rats. Clin. Immunol. Immunopathol. 86:219-225 (1998).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2011. "" Molecular & cellular toxicology, 7(3): 283~289
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기