Post-buckling analysis of piles by perturbation method
To investigate the critical buckling load and post-buckling behavior of an axially loaded pile entirely embedded in soil, the non-linear large deflection differential equation for a pinned pile, based on the Winkler-model and the discretionary distribution function of the foundation coefficient along pile shaft, was established by energy method. Assuming that the deflection function was a power series of some perturbation parameter according to the boundary condition and load in the pile, the non-linear large deflection differential equation was transformed to a series of linear differential equations by using perturbation approach. By taking the perturbation parameter at middle deflection, the higher-order asymptotic solution of load-deflection was then found. Effect of ratios of soil depth to pile length, and ratios of pile stiffness to soil stiffness on the critical buckling load and performance of piles (entirely embedded and partially embedded) after flexural buckling were analyzed. Results show that the buckling load capacity increases as the ratios of pile stiffness to soil stiffness increasing. The pile performance will be more stable when ratios of soil depth to pile length, and soil stiffness to pile stiffness decrease.
- Bowles, J.E. (1982), Foundation Analysis and Design (3rd Edition), McGraw Hill, New York.
- Budkowska, B.B. and Szymczak, C. (1997), "Initial post-buckling behavior of piles patially embedded in soil", Comput. Struct., 62, 831-835.
- Chang, Y.L. (1937), "Discussion on "Lateral Pile Loading Tests" by Feagin", Trans. ASCE, 102, 272-278.
- Davisson, M.T. (1963), "Estimating loads for piles", Proceedings of the 2nd Pan American Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Brazil, July.
- Davisson, M.T. and Robinson, K.E. (1965), "Bending and buckling of partially embedded piles", Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Canada, September.
- Heelis, M.E., Pavlovic, M.N. and West, R.P. (2004), "The analytical prediction of the buckling loads of fully and partially embedded piles", Geotechnique, 54, 363-373.
- Hu, R. (1973), "Several problems about calculating soil lateral resistance for pile foundation of bridge", Message from Railway Standard Design, January.
- JTJ024-85 (2000), Code for Design of Highway Bridges and Culverts, China Communications Press, Beijing.
- Liu, G. and Luo, H. (1988), Stability of Gramed Structure, China Communications Press, Beijing.
- Palmer, L.A. and Brown, P.P. (1954), "Analysis of pressure, deflection, moment and shear by the method of difference equations, symposium on lateral load tests on piles", Proceeding of ASTM.
- Palmer, L.A. and Thompson, J.B. (1949), "The earth pressure and deflection along the embedded length of piles subjected to lateral thrust", Proceeding of 2nd ICSMFE.
- Poulos, H.G. and Davis, E.H. (1980), Pile Foundation Analysis and Design, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Rajasekaran, S. (2008), "Buckling of fully and partially embedded non-prismatic columns using differential quadrature and differential transformation method", Struct. Eng. Mech., 28(2), 221-238.
- Reddy, A.S. and Valsangkar, A.J. (1970), "Buckling of fully and partially embedded piles", J. Soil Mech. Found. Div., 96(6), 1951-1965.
- Shanker, K., Basudhar, P.K. and Patra, N.R. (2007), "Buckling of piles under liquefied soil conditions", Geotech. Geolog. Eng., 25(3), 303-313.
- Shen, H.S. (2002), Postbuckling Behavior of Plates and Shells, Shanghai Science & Technical Press, Shanghai.
- Shen, H.S. and Zhang, J.W. (1988), "Perturbation analyses for the postbuckling of simply supported rectangular plates under uniaxial compression", Appl. Math. Mech., 9, 741-752.
- Terzaghi, K. (1995), "Evaluation of coefficient of subgrade reaction", Geotechnique, 1-13.
- Toakley, A.R. (1965), "Buckling loads for elastically supported struts", J. Eng. Mech. Div., 91(3), Proc. Paper 4379, June.
- Qian, W. (1980), Singular Perturbation Theory, Tsinghua University Press, Beijing.
- Yang, J. and Ye, J.Q. (2002), "Dynamic elastic local buckling of piles under impact loads", Struct. Eng. Mech., 13(5), 543-556.
- Zhao, M. and Wang, J. (1996), "Analysis on buckling pile considering influence of side resistance", Chinese J. Geotech. Eng., 18, 87-90.
- Zhao, M. (1987), "Equivalent length of buckling bridge pile", Eng. Mech., 4, 94-105.
- Zhao, M. (1990), "Theoretical and experimental analysis on buckling pile of bridge", China J. Highw. Transp., 3, A47-57.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기