농촌노인의 치아상태에 따른 건강상태 및 식이섭취 평가
Evaluation of the Health Status and Dietary Intakes of the Elderly in Rural Areas by Dental Status
In Korea, there has been a rapid increase in the number and proportion of elderly people, especially in rural areas, due to improvements in the standard of living and medical technology. One of the main health problems for the elderly people is dental health, which can cause nutritional and health problems. Thus, in this study, the dental health status and health status in relation to nutritional intake were analyzed. A total of 155 rural-dwelling elderly people (68 males, 87 females) over the ages of 65 participated in this study. The subjects were classified into three groups; the no denture no teeth group, denture user group, and natural teeth group. The dietary intake, biochemical health status, and anthropometry were evaluated. Can-pro 3.0 was used to assess dietary intakes and the SPSS 12.0 program was used for statistical analysis. The results showed that the natural teeth group had better nutritional and dietary intake status than the no denture no teeth group. The dietary assessment showed that there were differences in food intakes among the groups, which depended on their dental health status. In conclusion, dietary management is required for the elderly since each group has a different ability to chew food depending on their dental health status. In addition, the elderly will need different therapeutic diets because of the high prevalence of chronic degenerative diseases.
- 국민건강영양조사 진행보고서 (2005): 보건복지부
- 국민구강건강실태조사 (2006): 보건복지부
- 서순규 (1992): 성인병. 고려의학. 서울.
- Berry WT (1972): Mastication, food and nutrition. Dent. Practit 22:249-253
- Chang YK, Jang YJ, Moon HK, Yoon JS, Park HR, Kim BH: Nutritional assessment and practical (Korean) 2007 Shin Kwang Publishing Seoul Korea
- Chen MK, Lowenstein F (1984): Masticatory handicap, socioeconomic status and chronic conditions among adults. J Am Dent Assoc 109(6):916-918
- Cho HL, Cho YH, Lee KH (1992): Dental health status of the elderly and its affecting factors. J Korean Gerontol Soc 12(1):39-55
- Choi YH, Suh I, Nam JM, Oh DK, Son HK, Kwon HK (2002): Associations of missing teeth with medical status. J Korean Acad Dent Health 26(2):169-180
- Farrell JH (1956): The effect of mastication on the digestion of food. British Dent J 20:149-155
- Greksa LP, Parraga IM, Clark CA (1995): The dietary adequacy of edentulous older adults. J Prosthet Dent 73(2): 142-145
- Joshipurs KJ, Willett WC, Douglass CW (1996): The impact of edentulousness on food intake and nutrition intake. JADA 127:459-467
- Kang JW (2003): The survey of oral health and the nutritional status of the elderly in Seoul.
- Kwoun JH, Lee SK, Lee HK, Kim GJ (1998): The relationship between chewing ability and nutritional intake status in the elderly of rural community. Korean J Community Nutr 3(4): 583-593
- Lee HK, Lee YK (1999): The relationship between chewing ability and health status in the long-lived elderly of Kyungpook area. Yeungnam Univ J Med 16(2):200-207
- Lomax JD (1987): Geriatric ambulatory and institutional care. Ishiyaku Euro-America Inc. Tokyo
- Mumma RD, Quinton K (1970): Effect of gastric distress. J Dent Res 49:69-74
- Park MY, Kim GR, Lee DJ, Kim JM, Park PS (2006): A survey of food and nutrient intakes of the aged people in rural area, Gyeongbuk Yecheon. Korean J Nutr 39(1):58-73
- Ritchie CS, Joshipura K, Silliman RA, Miller B, Douglas CW (2000): Oral health problems and significant weight loss among community dewelling older adults J Gentrol Med Sci 55(7):336-377
- The Korean Nutrition Society (2005): Dietary reference intakes for Koreans. The Korean Nutrition Society. Seoul.
- Won YS (2003): Relationship of oral state and dietary habit to health condition among elderly people. Masters degree thesis. Yonsei University.
- Yang EJ, Bang HM (2008): Nutritional status and health risks of low income elderly women in Gwangju area. Korean J Nutr 41(1):65-76
- Yim KY, Min YH, Lee TY (1997): Strategies to improve nutrition in the elderly: an analysis of health related factors and the nutritional risk index of the elderly. Korean J Community Nutr 2(3):376-387
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (7)
- Kim, Eun-Kyung ; Lee, Sun-Hee ; Ko, Su-Young ; Yeon, Seo-Eun ; Choe, Jeong-Sook 2011. "Assessment of Physical Activity Level of Korean Farmers to Establish Estimated Energy Requirements during Busy Farming Season" 대한지역사회영양학회지 = Korean journal of community nutrition, 16(6): 751~761
- Park, Kyung-Ae ; Choi-Kwon, Smi ; Park, Myung-Sook 2011. "The Effects of Oral Health Care Education for Nursing Staff on Halitosis and Nutrient Intake of the Elderly in a Long-term Care Facility" 대한영양사협회 학술지 = Journal of the Korean dietetic association, 17(3): 243~258
- Kim, Ae-Jung ; Jung, Jin-Ju ; Lee, Myungsook ; Joo, Nami ; Jung, Eun-Kyung 2012. "Quality Characteristics of Mungbeanmook Added with Gugija (Lycii fructus) Infusion" 대한영양사협회 학술지 = Journal of the Korean dietetic association, 18(3): 213~221
- Park, Chung-Soon ; Kim, In-Ja ; Park, So-Young 2015. "Correlation with subjective oral health status and food preference in elderly people" JKSDH : Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene = 한국치위생학회지, 15(6): 973~981
- Lee, Geum-Yong ; Han, Jung-Ah 2015. "Demand for Elderly Food Development: Relation to Oral and Overall Health -Focused on the Elderly Who Are Using Senior Welfare Centers in Seoul-" 한국식품영양과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 44(3): 370~378
- Lee, Seung-Joo 2015. "Recent sensory and consumer studies for the development of texture modified foods for elderly" 식품과학과 산업 = Food science and industry, 48(3): 13~19
- Chun, Soon-Sil ; Yoon, Eunju 2016. "A Comparative Study of Taste Preference, Food Consumption Frequency, and Nutrition Intake between the Elderly in Their 80's Living in Long Life Regions in Jeollanam-do and a Part of Seoul" 한국식품영양학회지 = The Korean journal of food and nutrition, 29(1): 115~127
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기