Physician's Desk Reference에 나타난 성별차이 분석
Analysis of Gender Differences in Physician's Desk Reference
Purpose: This study aims to investigate how gender-based differences are actually reflected on drug approval. Methods: Data on gender-based differences of drugs were analyzed by searching PDR (Physician's Desk Reference) with the keyword, "GENDER". Results: There were descriptions related to gender in product directions of 361 drugs in 2009 PDR, out of which 63 items actually showed gender-related differences. Drug categories showing comparatively high gender-based differences were nervous system, cardiovascular system, and alimentary tract and metabolism. Pharmacokinetic differences between genders were observed most frequently; compared to men, 32 drugs showed higher absorption while 18 drugs revealed lower clearance in women. There were 2 drugs which gender should be considered before prescribing, and 5 drugs which showed different severity of adverse effects according to gender. Conclusions: It is necessary to establish domestic policies for drug approval and use which reflects gender-based differences through sufficient researches.
- Yang X, Schadt EE, Wang S, et al., Tissue-specific expression and regulation of sexually dimorphic genes in mice. Genome Res 2006; 16: 995-1004.
- Pepine CJ, Kerensky RA, Lambert CR, et al., Some thoughts on the vasculopathy of women with ischemic heart disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006; 47: S30-5.
- Society for Women's Health Research. (http://www.womenshealthresearch.org/site/PageServer?pagename =hs_sbb_10diff)
- eNoteAlone. (http://www.enotalone.com/article/9085.html)
- Ebert SN. Liu XK, Woosley RL. Female gender as a risk factor for drug-induced cardiac arrhythmias: evaluation of clinical and experimental evidence. J Womens Health 1998; 7: 547-57.
- Kim HJ, Choi JM, Kim YJ, et al., Review of gender differences in medicine and primary factors resulting in gender differences. Kor J Clin Pharm 2010; 20: 128-37.
- Cummins CL, Wu CY, Benet LZ. Sex-related differences in the clearance of cytochrome P450 3A4 substrates may be caused by P-glycoprotein. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2002; 72: 474-89.
- Protecting and Advancing Women's Health: The FDA Office of Women's Health Progress Peport 10 years and Beyond…, Mar. 2006. http://www.fda.gov/womens/reports/report0306.pdf)
- Guideline for Study and Evaluation of Gender Differences in the Clinical Evaluation of Drugs, Jul. 1993. (http://www.fda.gov)
- Reflection Paper on Gender Differences in Cardiovascular Diseases, Dec. 2006. (http://www.emea.europa.eu)
- Gail D. Gender differences in pharmacological response. Int Rev Neuro 2008; 83: 1-9.
- Fattinger K, Roos M, Vergeres P, et al., Epidemiology of drug exposure and adverse drug reactions in two Swiss departments of internal medicine. Br J Clin Pharmacol 2000; 49: 158-67.
- Tran C, Knowles S, R Liu, et al., Gender difference in adverse drug reactions. J Clin Pharmacol 1998; 38: 1003-9.
- Domecq C, Naranjo C, Ruiz I et al., Sex-related variations in the frequency and characteristics of adverse drug reactions. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 1980; 18: 362-6.
- Mojaverian P, Rocci M, Vlasses P et al., Effect of Food on the absorption of enteric coated aspirin: Correlation with gastric residence time. Clin Pharmacol Ther 1987; 41: 11-7.
- Anderson G. Sex and racial differences in pharmacological response: Where is the evidence? Pharmacogenetics, and pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics. J Womens Health 2005; 14: 19-29.
- Gross J, Friedman R, Azevedo M, et al., Effect of age and sex on glomerular filtration rate measured by 51Cr-EDTA. Braz J Med Biol Res 1992; 25: 129-34.
- Drici M, Clement N. Is gender a risk factor for adverse drug reactions? The example of drug-induced long QT syndrome. Drug Saf 2001; 24: 575-85.
- Buckwalter J, Lappin D. The disproportionate impact of chronic arthralgia and arthritis among women. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2000; 372: 159-68.
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기