Cooperation Models and Cooperative Routing for Exploiting Hop-by-Hop Cooperative Diver sity in Ad Hoc Networks
In wireless ad hoc networks, nodes communicate with each other using multihop routed transmission in which hop-by-hop cooperative diversity can be effectively employed. This paper proposes (i) two cooperation models for per-link cooperation (PLC) and per-node cooperation (PNC) for exploiting cooperative diversity in wireless ad hoc networks and (ii) a cooperative routing algorithm for the above models in which best relays are selected for cooperative transmission. First, two cooperation models for PLC and PNC are introduced and represented as an edge-weighted graph with effective link quality. Then, the proposed models are transformed into a simplified graph and a cooperative routing algorithm with O(n2) time is developed, where n is the number of nodes in the network. The effectiveness of the algorithm is confirmed for the two cooperation models using simulation.
- S. Moh, "Two Cooperation Models and Their Optimal Routing for Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of 5th IEEE Int. Symp. on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS 2008), pp. 57-61, 2008.
- Z. Lin, E. Erkip, and A. Stefanov, "Cooperative Regions and Partner Choice in Coded Cooperative Systems," IEEE Trans. on Communications, pp. 1323-1334, 2006.
- R. Ramanathan, "Challenges: A Radically New Architecture for Next Generation Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of 11th Annual Int. Conf. on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom 2005), pp. 132-139, 2005.
- J. N. Laneman, Cooperative Diversity: Models, Algorithms, and Architectures, F. H. P. Fitzek and M. D. Katz (Eds.), Chapter 6, Springer, Netherlands, 2006.
- A. Nosratinia, T. E. Hunter, and A. Hedayat, "Cooperative Communication in Wireless Networks," IEEE Communication Magazine, pp. 74-80, 2004.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse, and G. W. Wornell, "Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks: Efficient protocols and Outage Behavior," IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, pp. 3062-3080, 2004.
- G. Gaertner and V. Cahill, "Understanding Link Quality in 802.11 Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE Internet Computing, pp. 55-60, 2004
- M. C. Valenti and N. Coreal, Exploiting Macrodiversity in Dense Multihop Networks and Relay Channels, Proc. of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conf., pp. 1877-1882, 2003.
- S.-H. Chen, U. Mitra, and B. Krishnamachari, "Cooperative Communication and Routing over Fading Channels in Wireless Sensor Networks," Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Wireless Networks, Communications, and Mobile Computing (WirelessCom), 2005.
- A. Scaglione, D. L. Goeckel, and J. N. Laneman, "Cooperative Communications in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks: Rethinking the Link Abstraction," IEEE Signal Processing, pp. 18-29, 2006.
- N. Jindal, U. Mitra, and A. "Goldsmith, Capacity of Ad-Hoc Networks with Node Cooperation," Proc. of IEEE Int. Symp. on Information Theory, 2003.
- M. Haenggi, "Analysis and Design of Diversity Schemes for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, pp. 19-27, 2005.
- S. Barbarossa, L. Pescosolido, D. Ludovici, L. Barbetta, and G. Scutari, "Cooperative Wireless Networks Based on Distributed Space-Time Coding," Proc. of Int. Workshop on Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks (IWWAN), 2004.
- E. Kojima, T. Fujii, Y. Kamiya, and Y. Suzuki, "Distributed ARQ Using STBC for OFDM Ad-Hoc Networks," Proc. of 14th IST Mobile and Wireless Communications Summit, Jun. 2005.
- A. Azgin, Y. Altunbasak, and G. AlRegib, "Cooperative MAC and Routing Protocols for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM, 2005.
- G. Jakllari, S. V. Krishnamurthy, M. Faloutsos, P. V. Krishnamurthy, and O. Ercertin, "A Framework for Distributed Spatio-Temporal Communications in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, 2006.
- S. Moh, C. Yu, S.-M. Park, H.-N. Kim, and J. Park, "CD-MAC: Cooperative Diversity MAC for Robust Communication in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (IEEE ICC-2007), Glasgow, Scotland, 2007.
- J. N. Laneman and G. W. Wornell, "Distributed Space-Time Coded Protocols for Exploiting Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks," IEEE Trans. on Information Theory, pp. 2415-2425, 2003
- G. Scutari and S. Barbarossa, "Distributed Space-Time Coding for Regenerative Relay Networks," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, pp. 2387-2399, 2005.
- Y. Fan and J. S. Thompson, "MIMO Configurations for Relay Channels: Theory and Practice," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, pp. 1774-1786, 2007.
- J. S. Thompson, P. M. Grant, and Y. Fan, "An Introduction to Multihop Multi-Antenna Communications," Frequenz (Journal of RFEngineering and Telecommunications), invited paper, 2005.
- A. Bletsas, A. Khisti, D. P. Reed, and A. Lippman, "A Simple Cooperative Diversity Method Based on Network Path Selection," IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, pp. 659-672, 2006.
- S. Wei, D. L. Goeckel, and M. Valenti, "Asynchronous Cooperative Diversity," IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, pp. 1547-1557, 2006
- IEEE P802.11-94/132, Wireless Access Methods and Physical Layer Specifications: Elaborate Clear-Channel Assessment for Indoor Communication Systems Operating in Uncontrolled UHF & Microwave Bands, July 1994. Available from http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/11/Documents/DocumentArchives/1994_docs/1194132.doc, 2010.
- IEEE Std 802.11-1999, Local and Metropolitan Area Network, Specific Requirements, Part 11: Wireless LAN Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications, 1999. Available from http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.11-1999.pdf, 2010.
- T. Kim and S. Tak, "A Reputation Based Cooperative Routing Scheme for End-to-End Reliable Communications in Multi-hop Wireless Networks," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 1593-1608, Nov. 2009.
- J. Park, S. Moh, and I. Chung, "SINR-Based Multipath Routing for Wireless Ad Hoc Networks," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 849-864, June 2010.
- T. H. Cormen, C. E. Leiserson, R. L. Rivest, and C. Stein, "Introduction to Algorithms, " 2nd Ed., MIT Press, 2001.
- E. W. Dijkstra, "A Note on Two Problems in Connection with Graphs," Nuerische Mathematik. pp. 269-271, 1959
- The Network Simulator ns-2, http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/, 2011.
- J. Broch, D, A, Maltz, D. Johnson, Y.-C. Hu, and J. Jetcheva, "A Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols," Proc. of ACM/ IEEE MobiCom, pp. 85-97, 1998.
- C. E. Perkins and E. Royer, "Ad-hoc On- Demand Distance Vector Routing," Proc. of IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, 1999.
- J. Broch, D.A. Maltz, D.B. Johnson, Y.-C. Hu, and J. Jetcheva, "Performance Comparison of Multi-Hop Wireless Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols," Proc. ACM/ IEEE MobiCom, 1998.
- C. Yu, S. Park, and H. Kim, "Every Node Is Born Equal: Attacking Preferential Attachment in Peer-to-Peer Mobile Multihop Networks," Proc. IEEE Percom Workshop Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P '05) , 2005.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기