폐결핵 환자의 질병지각, 자기효능감과 자가간호 행위와의 관계연구
Relationship of Illness Perception, Self-efficacy, and Self-care among Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients
Purpose: A descriptive study was conducted to examine the relationship of illness perception, self-efficacy, and self-care of patients who were diagnosed pulmonary tuberculosis. Methods: The study was conducted using a convenient sample from two hospitals in Incheon and Seoul. One hundred forty four patients completed a questionnaire which included questions on general characteristics, a Brief Illness Perception Scale, a Self-efficacy Scale and a Self-care Scale. Data were analyzed by using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson Moment Correlations and stepwise multiple regression analysis. Results: There was a statistically significant positive correlation between illness perception and self-care (r=.335, p=.000) and between self-efficacy and self-care (r=.687, p=.000). Stepwise multiple regression analysis revealed that among the three variables the most powerful predictor was self-efficacy. Self-efficacy and illness perception were significant factors and accounted for 54.2% of the variance of self care in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Conclusion: Self-efficacy and illness perception were influencing factors in self care among patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Hence further interventional researches are needed that consider these two variables.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Self efficacy, toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, 191-215.
- Bandura, A. (1986). Social foundations of thought and action, A social cognitive theory. NJ: Prentice Hall.
- Bandura, A., Barbaranelli, C., Caprara, G. V., & Pastorelli, C. (2001). Self-efficacy beliefs as shapers of children's aspirations and career trajectories. Child development, 72 (1), 187-206.
- Benight, C. C., & Bandura, A. (2004). Social cognitive theory of post-traumatic recovery: The role of perceived selfefficacy. Behavioral Research Theory, 42 (10), 1129-1148.
- Broadbent, E., Petrie, K. J., Main, J., & Weinman, J. (2006). The brief illness perception questionnaire. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 60, 631-637.
- Cho, M. J. (2007). A predictive model of health promotive behaviors for pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju
- Choi, Y. H. (1984). An experimental study of the effects of supportive nursing intervention on family support behavior and sick role behavior. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Cohen, J. (1987). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences (Rev. ed.). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc.
- Griva, K., Myers, L. B., & Newman, S. (2000). Illness perception and self-efficacy beliefs in adolescents and young adults with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Psychological Health, 15, 733-750.
- Hale, E. D., Treharne, G. J., & Kitas, G. G. (2007). Qualitative methodologies I: Asking research questions with reflexive insight. Musculoskeletal Care, 5, 139-147.
- Jung, Y. J., & Kim, J. H. (1996). A study on the relationship between self-efficacy and self care behavior in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Journal Korea Community Health Nursing Academic Society, 10 (2), 90-100.
- Kang, K. H. (1986). A study on the therapeutic behavior performance, the characteristics of health locus of control, the self-esteem, and the self-care behavior of the pulmonarytuberculosis patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University, Gwangju.
- Kang, K. J., Tae, Y. S., Lee, B. S., Sohn, S. K., Yang, H. J., & Mok, K. H. (1998). A Study on compliance in selfmedication of pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 10 (3), 446-456.
- Kang, S. H. (2000). Effect of telephone coach on the sick role behavior compliance and self-efficacy in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (2008, May). Annual report on the cause of tuberculosis mortality. Retrieved May 20, 2008, from Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention Web site: http://www.cdc.go.kr.
- Lau-Walker, M. (2006). A conceptual care model for individualized care approach in cardiac rehabilitation-combining both illness representation and self-efficacy. British Journal of Health Psychology, 11, 103-117.
- Leelacharas, S. (2005). Illness representations in THAI women diagnosed with hypertension and relationships to medication- taking behavior. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. University of Michigan, USA.
- Leventhal, H. (1984). A perceptual-motor theory of emotion. Advances in Experimental Social Psychology, 17, 117-182.
- Leventhal, H., Benyamini, Y., Brownlee, S., Diefenbach, M., & Leventhal, E. A. (1997). Illness perceptions: Theoretical foundations. In K. J. Petrie, & J. A. Weinmann, (Eds). Perceptions of health and illness. Amsterdam: Harwood, 19-45.
- Leventhal, H., Nerenz, D. R., & Steele, D. J. (1984). Illness representations and coping with health threats. In A. Baum, S. E. Taylor, & J. E. Singer (ed.), Handbook of Psychology and Health. IV (pp. 219-252). Hillsdale: Erlbaum.
- Moss-Morris, R., Weinman, J., Petrie, K. J., Horne, R., Cameron, L. D., & Buick, D. (2002). The revised illness perception questionnaire. Psychological Health, 17, 1-16.
- Orem, D. E. (1991). Nursing: Concepts of practice (4th ed.). St. Louis: Mosby.
- Park, B. H. (2007). Relationship between self care(health promoting behavior, self efficacy, drug compliance) and fatigue in pulmonary tuberculosis patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Park, Y. S. (1987). A study of the effect of health belief on sick role behavior of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Petrie, K. J., Cameron, L. D., Ellis, C. J., Buick, D., & Weinman, J. (2002). Changing illness perception after myocardial infarction: An early intervention randomized controlled trail. Psychosomatic Medicine, 64, 580-586.
- Ross, S., Walker, A., & MacLeod, M., J. (2004). Patient compliance in hypertension: Role of illness perceptions and treatment beliefs. Journal of Human Hypertension, 18, 607-613.
- Song, M. S., Gu, M. O., Ryu, S. A., & Kim, M. S. (2002). Effect of a self-care program promoting self-efficacy for community elders with diabetes. Journal of Korean Academy of Gerontological Nursing, 4 (1), 27-37.
- Suh, S. M. (1993). A study on support by families of patients with pulmonary tuberculosis and compliance with sick role behavior. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 23 (4), 555-566.
- Werber, B. A., Roberts, B. L., Yarandi, H., Mills, T. L., Chumbler, N. R., & Wajsman, Z. (2007). The impact of dynamic social support on self-efficacy and depression after radical prostatectomy. Journal of Aging & Health, 19 (4), 630-645.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Cho, EulYeon ; Kwon, Yunhee 2013. "Factors Influencing Self-care in Tuberculosis Patients" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 14(8): 3950~3957
- Cha, Jieun ; Yi, Myungsun 2014. "Relationships between Treatment Belief, Personal Control, Depressive Mood and Health-related Quality of Life in Patients with Hemodialysis" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 26(6): 693~702
- Choi, Jin Ok ; Sung, Kyung Mi 2015. "The Development of a Scale Assessing the Risk of Discontinuation of Tuberculosis Treatment" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 27(2): 156~169
- Lee, Hwa-Sun ; Lee, Hyun-Ju 2015. "Convergence Factors of affecting Rehospitalization of Tuberculosis Patients" 디지털융복합연구 = Journal of digital convergence, 13(5): 259~267
- Yeom, Jeung Heui ; Shin, Yong Soon 2017. "Influence of Social Support and Illness Perception on Depression among Hospitalized Older Adults Prior to Discharge from an Acute Care Hospital" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 29(3): 246~255
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기