지역사회 거주 경도인지장애 노인의 유병율과 정상 노인과의 비교연구
Prevalence and Characteristics of Mild Cognitive Impairment in the Community-dwelling Elderly Compared to Elderly with Normal Cognitive Function
Purpose: This study aimed to identify the prevalence of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) among a group of community-dwelling elderly and to determine if there were differences in general characteristics, activities of daily living (ADL), perceived health status (PHS) between the MCI group and group of elderly with normal cognitive function. Methods: This study utilized a descriptive survey design. Six hundred and five subjects over the age 65 were recruited from an S public health center, Seoul. Data were gathered through a variety of instruments: MoCA-K, K-MMSE, K-MBI, S-IADL, and PHS scale. Data were analyzed by SPSS/WIN 18.0 using descriptive statistics, Chi-Square test and t-test. Results: The prevalence of MCI among the subjects was 46.0%. Differences in IADL, PHS, age, education, sex, and residing with a spouse were statistically significant between groups. The MCI group had lower IADL, lower PHS, were older, and had lower educational levels than the group with normal cognitive function. Further, the MCI group was less likely to live with a spouse. Conclusion: It is suggested that MCI group should be targeted in developing and implementing nursing strategies to prevent dementia and improve the elderly cognitive function.
- Charson, M. E., Prompei, P., Ales, K. L., & Mackenzie, C. R. (1987). A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: Development and validation. Journal of Chronic Disease, 40 (5), 373-383.
- Folstein, M. F., Folstein, S. E., & McHugh, P. R. (1975). Mini- Mental-State: A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. Journal of Psychiatry Research, 12 (3), 189-198.
- Hori, M., Kubota, M., & Kinoshita, A. (2008). The support system for dementia patient and their caregiver with Skype and webcam. Gan To Kagaku Ryoho, 35 (1), 43-45.
- Hwang, M. H. (2000). A model of self-care and well-being of elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Hwang, R. I., Lim, J. Y., & Lee, Y. W. (2009). A comparison of the factors influencing the satisfaction of the elderly according to their cognitive impairment level. Journal of the Korean Academy of Nursing, 39, 622-631.
- Joo, A. R., & Park, S. H. (2004). The relationship between cognitive function and depression in elderly people in rural areas. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 6 (1), 27-37.
- Jung, H. Y., Park, B. K., Shin, H. S., Kang, Y. K., Pyun, S. B., Paik, N. J., et al. (2007). Development of the Korean version of Modified Barthel Index (K-MBI): Multi-center study for subjects with stroke. Journal of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, 31 (3), 283-297.
- Kang, Y., Na, D. L., & Hahn, S. (1997). A validity study on the Korean Mini-Mental State Examination(K-MMSE) in dementia patients. Journal of Korean Neurological Association, 15 (2), 300-307.
- Karrasch, M., Sinerva, E., Gromholm, P., Rinne, J., & Laine, M. (2005). CERAD test performances in amnestic mild cognitive impairment and Alzheimer's disease. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica, 111 (3), 172-179.
- Kim, J., Jung, H., Kwon, Y., Han, S., & Shim, S. (2006). The characteristics of cognitive function in mild cognitive impairment. Journal of Soonchunhyang Medical College, 12 (2), 287-292.
- Kim, K. B., Lee, Y. J., & Sok, S. R. (2008). A comparative study on health status, depression, and quality of life between the elderly living with family and the elderly living alone. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 21, 765-777.
- Korean National Statistic Office [KNSO] (2009). Statistics for the old-ages. Daejeon: Author.
- Ku, H. M., Kim, J. H., Kwon, E. J., Kim, S. H., Lee, H. S., & Ko, H. J. (2004). A study on the reliability and validity of Seoul-instrumental activities of daily living (S-IADL). Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 43 (2), 189- 199.
- Larrieu, S., Letenneur, L., Orgogozo, J. M., Fabrigoule, C., Amieva, H., Le Carret, N., et al. (2002). Incidence and outcome of mild cognitive impairment in a populationbased prospective cohort. Neurology, 59 (10), 1594-1599.
- Lee, J. Y., Lee, D. W., Cho, S. J., Na, D. L., Jeon, H. J., Kim, S. K., et al. (2008). Brief screening for mild cognitive impairment in elderly outpatient clinic: Validation of the Korean version of the montreal cognitive assessment. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology, 21 (2), 104-110.
- Luck, T., Riedel-Heller, S., Luppa, M., Wiese, B., Wollny, A., Wagner, M., et al. (2010). Risk factors for incident mild cognitive impairment-results from the german study on ageing, cognition and dementia in primary care patients (AgeCoDe). Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica, 121 (4), 260- 272.
- Mariani, E., Monastero, R., Ercolani, S., Rinaldi, P., Mangialasche, F., Costanzi, E., et al. (2008). Influence of comorbidity and cognitive status on instrumental activities of daily living in amnestic mild cognitive impairment: Results from the ReGAl project. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 23, 523-530.
- Mahoney, F. J., & Barthel, D. W. (1965). Functional evaluation: The Barthel index. Maryland State Medical Journal, 14 (1), 61-65.
- Min, H. S. (2007). Cognitive function among the elderly and its correlated factors. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 19, 78-88.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare (2009, April). National study on the prevalence of dementia in Korean elders. Retrieved August 14, 2010, from Web site: http://www.mw.go.kr
- Ministry of Health & Welfare (2010). Introduction of elderly health and welfare program. Seoul: Author.
- Miyamoto, M., Kodama, C., Kinoshita, T., Yamashita, F., Hidaka, S., Mizukami, K., et al. (2009). Dementia and mild cognitive impairment among non-responders to a community survey. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, 16 (2), 270-276.
- Nasreddine, Z. S., Phillips, N. A., Bedirian, V., Charbonneau, S., Whitehead, V., Collin, I., et al. (2005). The montreal cognitive assessment, MoCA: A brief screening tool for mild cognitive impairment. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 53 (4), 695-699.
- National Health Insurance Cooperation [NHIC] (2010). Statics of NHIC. Retrieved August 14, 2010, from Web site: http:// www.nhic.or.kr/
- Park, C. (2004). Analysing the costs by types of family caregiving for the demented elderly. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 24 (4), 1-17.
- Roh, K. H. (2008). A review of the trends of journal research on dementia and nursing interventions for demented elders. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 19, 300-309.
- Shah, S., & Muncer, S. (1999). Sensitivity of Shah, Vanclay and Cooper's modified Barthel index. Clinical Rehabilitation, 13 (2), 141-147.
- Speake, D. L., Cowart, M. E., & Pellet, K. (1989). Health perceptions and lifestyles of the elderly. Research in Nursing & Health, 12 (2), 93-100.
- Unverzagt, F. W., Sujuan, G., Lane, K. A., Callahan, C., Ogunniyi, A., Baiyewu, O., et al. (2007). Mild cognitive dysfunction: An epidemiological perspective with an emphasis on African Americans. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry and Neurology, 20 (4), 215-226.
- Winblad, B., Palmer, K., Kivipelto, M., Jelic, V., Fratiglioni, L., Wahlund, L. O., et al. (2004). Mild cognitive impairmentbeyond controversies, towards a consensus: Report of the international working group on mild cognitive impairment. Journal of Internal Medicine, 256 (3), 240-246.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (6)
- Shin, Kyung-Rim ; Kang, Youn-Hee ; Kim, Mi-Young ; Jung, Duk-Yoo ; Lee, Eliza 2012. "Prediction of Depression among Elderly with Mild Cognitive Impairment Living in the Community" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 24(2): 171~182
- Kang, Younhee ; Whang, Sun A ; Park, Kuemju 2015. "Reversion to Normal Cognition and Its Correlates among the Community-dwelling Elderly with Mild Cognitive Impairment: the Longitudinal Cohort Study" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 27(6): 656~664
- Park, Inhyae ; Choi, In-Hee ; Kang, Seo Young ; Kim, Younkyoung ; Lee, Chong Mi 2015. "The Effects of an Individual Cognitive Improvement Program on the Elderly with Mild Cognitive Impairments" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 26(1): 1~10
- Kim, Yeon Ok ; Shim, Moon Sook 2015. "Cognitive Functions, Instrumental Activities of Daily Living, Depression and Quality of Life in the Elderly with Mild Cognitive Impairment" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing, 29(2): 219~230
- Kang, Seo Young ; Lee, Chong Mi 2016. "Effects of a Cognitive Improvement Program on Cognition, Activities of Daily Living (ADL), Depression, Life Satisfaction, and Grasping Power in Small Groups" 근관절건강학회지 = Journal of muscle and joint health, 23(3): 169~178
- Oh, Hye-Won ; Kim, Ko-Un 2016. "The Effect of Convergence Tailed Occupational Therapy Activities Program on Mental Stability and Social Participation in Elderly People with Mild Cognitive Impairment" 디지털융복합연구 = Journal of digital convergence, 14(4): 449~457
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기