척수손상 환자의 희망, 자아존중감과 삶의 질에 관한 연구
Hope, Self-esteem and Quality of Life in People with Spinal Cord Injury
Purpose: The purpose of the study was to identify levels of hope, self-esteem, and quality of life, and to find correlations among these variables in people with spinal cord injury. Methods: This study was a cross-sectional descriptive survey. The data were collected by survey interview in 2010 from 120 people with spinal cord injury living in the community. To measure hope, self-esteem and quality of life, the Dispositional Hope Scale, Self-Esteem Scale, and World Health Organization's Quality of Life Instrument were utilized respectively. The data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation and stepwise multiple regression analysis using SPSS version 12.0. Results: Mean score of hope was 2.56 and that of self-esteem was 3.23. Mean score of quality of life was 3.01. Statistically significant relationships were found between quality of life and hope (r=.73, p
- Choi, Y. H., Lee, H. K., & Lee, D. G. (2008). Validation of the Korean version of Snyder's dispositional hope scale. Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, 22, 1-16.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Academic Press.
- Dijkers, M. (1997). Quality of life after spinal cord injury: A meta analysis of the effects of disablement components. Spinal Cord, 35, 829-840.
- Elliott, T. R., Witty, T. E., & Herrick, S. (1991). Negotiating reality after physical loss: Hope, depression, and disability. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 61(4), 608-613.
- Gorzkowski, J. A., Kelly, E. H., Klaas, S. J., & Vogel, L. C. (2010). Girls with spinal cord injury: Social and job-related participation and psychosocial outcomes. Rehabilitation Psychology, 55(1), 58-67.
- Hewitt, J. P. (1998). The myth of self-esteem: Finding happiness and solving problems in America. New York, NY: St. Martin's Press.
- Hoffman, J. M. (2011). A longitudinal study of depression from 1 to 5 years after spinal cord injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 92(3), 411-418.
- Jang, Y., Heish, C. L., Wang, Y. H., & Wu, Y. H. (2004). A validity study of the WHOQOL-BREF assessment in persons with traumatic spinal cord injury. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 85, 1890-1895.
- Jon, B. J. (1974). Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei University Bulletin, 107-130.
- Kang, H. S., Lim, N, Y., Kim, K. S., Kim, J. H., Lee, E. N., Kim, I. J., et al. (2007). Integrative rehabilitation nursing. Seoul: Shinkwang publications.
- Korea Spinal Cord Injury Association (2007). A study on survey of spinal cord injury disabled persons. Seoul: Korea Spinal Cord Injury Association.
- Kennedy, P., Evans, M., & Sandhu, N. (2009). Psychological adjustment to spinal cord injury: The contribution of coping, hope and cognitive appraisals. Psychology, Health & Medicine, 14(1), 17-33.
- Kortte, K. B., Gilbert, M., Gorman, P., & Wegener, S. T. (2010). Positive psychological variables in the prediction of life satisfaction after spinal cord injury. Rehabilitation Psychology, 55(1), 40-47.
- Kroll, T., Neri, M. T., & Ho, P. S. (2007). Secondary conditions in spinal cord injury: results from a prospective survey. Disability and Rehabilitation, 29(15), 1229-1237.
- Lee, I. S., & Hong, Y. S. (2005). Social support, quality of life, and the impact of social support on quality of life among medicaid recipient with chronic illness. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 57(2), 71-92.
- Lee, K. E., & Choi, E. S. (1999). The depression in middle-aged women in Kwangwondo. Journal of Korean Academy of Women's Health Nursing, 5(3), 299-312.
- Lohne, V. (2001). Hope in spinal cord-injured patients: A literature review related to nursing. The Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 33, 317-326.
- Matheis, E. N., & Tulsky, D. S. (2006). The relation between spirituality and quality of life among individuals with spinal cord injury. Rehabilitation Psychology, 51(3), 265-271.
- Middleton, J., Tran, Y., & Craing, A. (2007). Relationship between quality of life and self-efficacy in persons with Spinal cord injuries. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 88(12), 1643-1648.
- Min, S. K., Lee, C. I., Kim, K. I., Suh, S. Y., & Kim, D. K. (2000). Development of Korean version of WHO quality of life scale abbreviated version. Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 39 (3), 571-579.
- Mukai, A., & Costa, J. L. (2005). The effect of Modafinil on self-esteem in spinal cord injury patient: A report of 2 cases and review of the literature. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 86, 1887-1889.
- Nosek, M. A., Hughes, R. B., Swedlund, N., Taylor, H. B., Swank, P. (2003). Self-esteem and women with disabilities. Social Science & Medicine, 56, 1737-1747.
- Nowotny, M. L. (1989). Assessment of hope in patients with cancer: Development of an instrument. Oncology Nursing Forum, 16(1), 75-79.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Shin, S. R., & Kim, A. L. (2001). Factors effect on quality of life of spinal cord injury patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31(1), 126-138.
- Snyder, C. R., Harris, C., Anderson, J. R., Holleran, S. A., Irving, L. M., Sigmon, S. T., et al. (1991). The will and the ways: Development and validation of an individual-differences measures of hope. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 60, 570-585.
- Snyder, C. R. (1994). The psychology of hope: You can get there from here. New York, NY: Free Press.
- Snyder, C. R. (2002). Hope theory: Rainbow in the mind. Psychological Inquiry, 13(4), 249-275.
- Tzonichaki, I., & Kleftaras, G. (2002). Paraplegia from spinal cord injury: Self-esteem, loneliness, and life satisfaction. Occupation, Participation and Health, 22 (3), 96-102.
- World Health Organization (1993). WHOQOL study protocol. Geneva: WHO.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Song, Yeoung-Suk 2012. "Stressful Life Events and Quality of Life in Nursing Students" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 18(1): 71~80
- Hwang, Hye-Min ; Yi, Myung-Sun ; Park, Eun-Young ; Kwon, Eun-Jin 2012. "Phenomenology on the Lived Experience of Korean Women with Spinal Cord Injuries" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 42(4): 508~516
- Kim, Eunkyung 2014. "Factors Related to Depression of Married Female Baby Boomers in Busan and Gyeongnam Province by Employment Status" 한국생활과학회지 = Korean journal of human ecology, 23(6): 1105~1126
저자의 다른 논문
- 1996 "한국간호사들이 경험한 미국병원에서의 언어장애 극복 과정" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 26 (2): 483~496
- 1997 "위암환자 가족들의 경험세계에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (2): 275~288
- 1998 "재미 한국 간호사들이 경험한 한국과 미국 병원의 간호실무의 차이" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 28 (1): 60~69
- 1998 "신장이식술 후의 사회심리적 적응" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 28 (2): 291~302
- 1999 "신장공여자와 신장수혜자를 가진 가족들의 사회심리적 적응" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 29 (4): 790~801
- 1999 "컴퓨터를 이용한 질적 자료 분석" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 6 (3): 570~582
- 2000 "생체 신장을 주기 위한 공여자들의 의사결정 유형" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 30 (1): 47~59
- 2000 "중환자실 간호의 숙련성: 질적연구방법론적 접근" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 30 (5): 1230~1242
- 2000 "HIV 감염자의 생활 경험에 관한 현상학적 연구" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 12 (4): 497~506
- 2001 "시험관 아기를 둔 어머니의 경험" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 31 (1): 55~67
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기