중년층의 삶의 의미 영향요인
Factors Influencing Meaning in Life among the Middle-aged
Purpose: This study aimed to develop a model that describes factors influencing meaning in life among the middle-aged in Korea, and to verify the appropriateness of the model. Methods: The participants were 424 middle-aged residents of Daegu city, Korea. The data were collected through a structured questionnaire from October 4 to 30, 2010 and analyzed using SPSS/WIN 18.0 and LISREL 8.30. Results: Reported life satisfaction and religion had observed to have a significant direct effect on meaning in life, and coping behavior and self-esteem exhibited significant direct and indirect effect. In addition, depression, economic status, and life stress had a significant indirect effect on meaning in life. Life satisfaction was the most influential factor, and all of these variables explained 53% of the variances in meaning in life among the middle-aged. Conclusion: The findings from this study add to the body of knowledge about the factors that influence meaning in life and need further study. The variables in this study could be used as part of the assessment of the middle-aged.
- Campbell, A., Converse, P., & Rodgers, W. L. (1976). The quality of American life. New York: Russel Sage.
- Chang, H. K. (2010). Influencing factors on fatigue of middle aged women. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 22 (6), 634-643.
- Cheon, S. J., & Doh, B. N. (2006). A study on self-esteem, sex role attitude and husband and wife compatibility in middleaged women. Journal of Kyungpook Nursing Science, 10 (2), 143-154.
- Fiori, K. L., Brown, E. E., Cortina, K. S., & Antonucci, T. C. (2006). Locus of control as a mediator of the relationship between religiosity and life satisfaction: Age, race, and gender differences. Mental Health, Religion & Culture, 9 (3), 239-263.
- Ho, M. Y., Cheung, F. M., & Cheung, S. F. (2010). The role of meaning in life and optimism in promoting well-being. Personality and Individual Differences, 48 , 658-663.
- Im, Y. H. (2004). A study on the relationship between the stress and the coping methods with stress of married middle aged women. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Jeon, B. J. (1974). Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei Nonchong, 11 , 107-129.
- Jeon, K. S. (2010). Well-being of middle-aged Koreans: Development of scales related to happiness and meaning of life, and comparisons between groups. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungang University, Seoul.
- Jo, E. H. (2009). The mediator effect of ego-resilience and positive affect on the relation between searching for meaning and meaning presence in life. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Keyes, C. L. M., & Ryff, C. D. (1999). Psychological well-being in midlife. In S. L. Willis & J. D. Reid (Eds.), Middle aging: Development in the third quarter of life (pp. 161-180). Orlando, FL: Academic Press.
- Kim, K. M., & Han, G. H. (2004). The effects of family life event on psychological well-being of the middle-aged men and women. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 24 (3), 211-230.
- Kim, S. A. (2010). A study on influential variables on climacteric women's meaning of life. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Baekseok University, Cheonan.
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, J. H., & Park, J. Y. (2001). A study about stressors that middle aged men go through and coping behavior. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 19 (6), 157-172.
- Korea National Statistical Office. (2010). Annual report on the cause of death statistics. Seoul: KNSO.
- Kornstein, S. G., Schatzberg, A. F., Thase, M. E., Yonkers, K. A., McCullough, J. P., Keitner, G. I., et al. (2000). Gender differences in chronic major and double depression. Journal of Affective Disorders, 60 (1), 1-11.
- Lee, M. J. (2002). Job stress of middle-aged man and its coping and satisfaction with life according to the social support. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Women's University, Seoul.
- Lee, Y. H. (1993). Relations between attributional style, life events, event attribution, hopelessness and depression. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Moon, S. B. (2009). Basic concepts and applications of structural equation modeling. Seoul: Hakjisa.
- Park, K. H. (2004). A study on the correlation between the meaning of life and the mental health of middle-aged males of the Korean society. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Park, K. J. (2002). Factors influencing the meaning of life for middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Society of Women Health Nursing, 8 (2), 232-243.
- Park, N., Park, M., & Peterson, C. (2010). When is the search for meaning related to life satisfaction. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-Being, 2 (1), 1-13.
- Phillips, L. L., Paukert, A. L., Stanley, M. A., & Kunik, M. E. (2009). Incorporating religion and spirituality to improve care for anxiety and depression in older adults. Geriatrics, 64 (8), 15-18.
- Pines, A., & Aronson, E. (1988). Career burnout; Causes and cures. New York: Free Press.
- Ro, M. O. (2006). The life stress and their coping behavior on psychological well-being of the middle-aged working men. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Busan.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Schnell, T., & Becker, P. (2006). Personality and meaning in life. Personality and Individual Differences, 41 , 117-129.
- Seok, J. H., Hong, S. W., & Bae, O. H. (1997). Relations of stressful life events, self concept and depression in middle aged women. Journal of Saemaul Region Development, 24 , 99-117.
- Skrabski, A., Kopp, M., Roozsa, S., Reethelyi, J., & Rahe, R. H. (2005). Life meaning: An important correlate of health in the Hungarian population. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 12 (2), 78-85.
- Stegera, M. F., Mann, J. R., Michels, P., & Cooper, T. C. (2009). Meaning in life, anxiety, depression, and general health among smoking cessation patients. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 67, 353-358.
- Wong, P. T. P. (1989). Personal meaning and successful aging. Canadian Psychology, 30 (3), 516-525.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- Choi, Jun-Seon 2014. "The relationship between stress perception and oral health status" JKSDH : Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene = 한국치위생학회지, 14(4): 555~561
- Jo, Myoung-Ju ; Jun, Won-Hee 2014. "Effects of Hope and Gratitude on Spirituality among Nursing Students" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 20(4): 569~576
- Park, Mijeong ; Jun, Won-Hee 2016. "Effects of Social Support and Self-efficacy on Hope among Nursing Students" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(1): 34~41
- Park, Bock-Soon ; Choi, Eun-Young ; Park, Sang-Yong ; Park, Sun-Jung 2016. "Content analysis of the way university students appreciate the meaning of life" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(4): 160~171
- Lee, Si Eun ; Kim, Boon Han 2016. "Factors associated with Meaning in Life among Elderly Female Community Dwellers Living Alone" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 27(3): 221~230
저자의 다른 논문
- 2005 "비만도에 따른 여대생의 건강습관, 체성분 및 신체상 비교" 保健敎育健康增進學會誌 = Korean journal of health education and promotion 22 (1): 87~102
- 2005 "배우자 유무에 따른 노인의 기분상태, 일상생활활동 및 노화에 대한 태도" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 17 (4): 656~667
- 2006 "노인의 동거유형에 따른 노인에 대한 태도, 인지기능, 기분상태 비교" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 18 (5): 727~736
- 2008 "여성노인의 구강건강관련 삶의 질에 영향을 미치는 요인" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 15 (3): 332~341
- 2009 "일 지역 재가노인의 우울 및 삶의 질 영향요인" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing 20 (1): 12~22
- 2009 "기관별 입원/입소 노인의 인지.행동장애 및 정신건강 문제에 관한 조사연구 -노인 장기 요양 대상자의 입소기관별 적격성(eligibility) 여부를 중심으로-" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 39 (5): 741~750
- 2010 "요양기관별 한국노인의 기능상태와 장기요양등급 비교" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing 21 (4): 386~397
- 2011 "성인간호학회 40년 발전사와 비전" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 23 (5): 514~524
- 2011 "한국성인의 만성 폐쇄성 폐질환 유병률, 위험요인 및 삶의 질" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 41 (2): 149~156
- 2013 "중년 남성의 죽음에 대한 태도에 영향을 미치는 요인" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care 16 (3): 166~174
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기