중.노년의 죽음불안과 죽음의 개인적 의미가 품위 있는 죽음 태도에 미치는 영향 : 가족의사소통의 매개역할 검증
The Impact of Death Anxiety and Personal Meanings of Death on the Attitude of Dignified Death among Korean Mid-life and the Elderly : Mediating Effect of Family Communication Process
Purpose: This study was conducted to compare and identify the mediating effect of family communication in the impact of death anxiety and personal meanings of death on the attitude of dignified death near the end-of-life among Korean mid-life and old people. Methods: A cross-sectional study was conducted with 287 mid-life and old people in Seoul, Busan, and Daegu City. Data were collected through self-report questionnaires which were standardized instruments from November 2010 to March 2011. Data were analyzed by using SPSS/WIN 14. Results: The results of the study indicated that there were statistically significant differences in level of death anxiety, personal meaning of death, and the dignified death between mid-age and old-age people. In addition, family communication had full mediating effects among the mid-age, while it had partial mediating effects among the old-age in the relationships between death anxiety, personal meaning of death, and the attitude of dignified death. Conclusion: Based on the findings of the study, implications for the intervention of the dignified death and preferences for care near the end-of-life among mid-life and old people and recommendations of further study were provided.
- Abdel-Khalek, A. M. (2002). Why do we fear death? The construction and validation of the reasons for death fear scale. Death Studies, 26, 669-680.
- An, H. Y., & Kim, H. J. (2000). Social implications of changes in Korean families. Korean Society, 3, 89-132.
- An, M. S., & Min, H. S. (2008). Comparison of perception and experience of informed consent among physicians, nurses and patients. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14(2), 59-70.
- Back, M. F., & Chan, Y. H. (2005). Family centered decisionmaking and non-disclosure of diagnosis in South East Asian oncology practice. Psycho-Oncology, 14, 1052-1059.
- Bohrnstedt, G. W., & Knoke, D. (1994). Statistics for social data analysis. New York: F.E. Peacock.
- Brent, S. B., & Speece, M. W. (1993). "Adult" conceptualization of irreversibility: Implications for the development of the concept of death. Death Studies, 17, 203-224.
- Chochinov, H. M. (2006). Dying, dignity and new horizons in palliative end-of-life care. A Cancer Journal for Clinicians, 56(2), 84-103.
- Cicirelli, V. G. (1998). Personal meanings of death in relation to fear of death. Death Studies, 22, 713-733.
- Epstein, N. B., & Bishop, D. S., Ryan, C., Miller, I., & Keitner, G. (1993). The McMaster Model: View of healthy family functioning. In F. Walsh (ed.), Normal family processes (pp. 138-160). New York: Guilford Press.
- Fortner, B. V., & Neimeyer, R. A. (1999). Death anxiety in older adults: A quantitative review. Death Studies, 23, 387-411.
- Fortner, B. V., Neimeyer, R. A., & Rybarczyk, B. (2000). Correlates of death anxiety in older adults: A comprehensive review. In A. Tomer (ed.), Death attitudes and the older adults (pp. 95-108). New York: Brunner Routledge.
- Jo, K. H. (2011). Development and evaluation of a dignified dying scale for Korean adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 41, 313-324.
- Jo, K. H., & Kim, G. M. (2010). Predictive factors affecting the preferences for care near the end of life among nurses and physicians. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 13, 305-320.
- Jo, K. H., Lee, H. J., & Lee, Y. J. (2005). Types of students' death attitudes majoring in human service area: Q-methodological approach. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(5), 829-841.
- Kim, M. O. (2001). A study on social competence of children and adaptation of family of children with disabilities: Focusing on the effects of family resilience. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. H. (2004). Decision making process in do-not-resuscitate orders for patients with cancer. Nursing Inquiry, 13(1), 127-143.
- Kim, S. Y., & Kim, S. M. (2003). A study on attitude patterns of elderly toward dying. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 15(3), 343-353.
- Kim, Y. S., & Kim, J. M. (2009). The relationship between sociodemographic variables and death anxiety among the elderly. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 29(1), 275-289.
- Lee, H. M. (2008). Fear experienced by terminal cancer patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, Daegu.
- Lee, H. R., Choi, C. J., Park, O. J., Kim, Y. S., Choi, K. O., Kim, G. S., et al.,(2008). Adult nursing . Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Lee, H. J., & Jo, K. H. (2006). A pathmodel for death anxiety to suicidal ideation of the elderly. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 26(4), 717-731.
- Lee, Y. J., & Kim, S. M. (2009). Validating the Korean version of the preferences for care near the end of life(PCEOL-K) scale. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 12(1), 29-42.
- Olson, D. H., Russell, C. S., & Sprenkle, D. H. (1983). Circumplex model of marital and family systems: VI. Theoretical update. Family Process, 22(1), 69-83.
- Pullman, D. (2004). Death, dignity and moral nonsense. Journal of Palliative Care, 20, 171-178.
- Slumasy, D. P. (2002). A biopsychosocial-spiritual model for the care of patients at the end of life. The Gerontologist, 42, 24-33.
- Smith, R. A. (2000). A good death: An important aim for health services and for us all. British Medical Journal, 320(7228), 129-130.
- Smith, M. J., & Liehr, P. R. (2003). Middle range theory for nursing. New York: Springer.
- Tamm, M. E., & Granqvist, A. (1995). The meaning of death for children and adolescents: A phenomenographic study of drawings. Death Studies, 19, 203-222.
- Yang, S. C., & Chen, S. (2006). Content analysis of free-response narratives to personal meanings of death among chinese children and adolescents. Death Studies, 30, 217-241.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Jo, Kae Hwa ; Song, Byung Sook 2012. "Effect of Family Cohesion, Subjective Happiness and other Factors on Death Anxiety in Korean Elders" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 42(5): 680~688
- Kim, Chun-Gill 2014. "Factors Influencing Perception of Good Death among the Community-dwelling Elderly" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care, 17(3): 151~160
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기